• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

At the airport!

peregrina2000

Staff member
So another camino begins. Just went through TSA and specifically asked the personnel about my collapsed hiking poles in my pack and whether there was any doubt or inconsistency in the regulations. Once again, they told me they are fine. Maybe I'm just lucky.

More interesting than this endless TSA debate, though, is the fact that I am soon embarking on the first of three flights to Barcelona. Tomorrow I will meet @anniethenurse in the Ars cafe in the train station and start our train and taxi journey to Riumar and the start of the Ruta del Ebro.

Walking on Thursday!!!! Buen camino to all, Laurie.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
keep enjoying!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Laurie: Have a wonderful camino...I look forward to hearing about your camino and the helpful recommendations you always provide! Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Laurie - have an awesome time. Another route for my ever-growing list. I’m sure you’ll be keeping great notes for us all.
To you both I send a huge hug from NZ. Enjoy and buen camino

Like like like!!!!!
A very well deserved and heartfelt Buen Camino to you, Laurie (and Annie!). I'm just back into the connected realm and was thinking of you yesterday as I was uploading a few pics of Santo Domingo de Silos. Given how only the last few days into Burgos were, well--you're in for a big treat!
May it be an unfolding joy.......Ultreia and muy buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
May all your planes be on time and all your plans line up beautifully! SY

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Buen Camino Laurie and Annie!

Buen Camino Laurie and also to Annie. Enjoy!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
So another camino begins. Just went through TSA and specifically asked the personnel about my collapsed hiking poles in my pack and whether there was any doubt or inconsistency in the regulations. Once again, they told me they are fine. Maybe I'm just lucky.

More interesting than this endless TSA debate, though, is the fact that I am soon embarking on the first of three flights to Barcelona. Tomorrow I will meet @anniethenurse in the Ars cafe in the train station and start our train and taxi journey to Riumar and the start of the Ruta del Ebro.

The place to ask then is in Santiago Airport ... should you pass that way. Ask them why they are the only airport where trekking poles are not being permitted through security.

Buen Camino

Buen Camino Laurie…we will all be awaiting your posts.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Have a wonderful time! And Laurie, thanks so much for the Pensao Prata tip in Lisbon! it was a great place and perfectly located!!! Buen Camino!
Terry

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Buen Camino!

Had a great Camino and just returned yesterday and found out about returning through Customs and TSA in Chicago.

Be sure to have 4+ hours between flights to clear customs and TSA. It takes longer to get through security in Chicago than it takes to fly from Chicago to the west coast. Non US citizens have a longer wait.

TSA will take any wine or spirits that are not in the special TSA sealed bags that the Chicago duty free shop has in the airport. Basically forget buying these items in the overseas duty free shops unless they have the special bags unless you find a way to check them with your baggage.

Other than Chicago security, I had a great trip home. Iberia airlines is showing a new Camino film based on Hap Kerkeling's book

Buen Camino!

Had a great Camino and just returned yesterday and found out about returning through Customs and TSA in Chicago.

Be sure to have 4+ hours between flights to clear customs and TSA. It takes longer to get through security in Chicago than it takes to fly from Chicago to the west coast. Non US citizens have a longer wait.

TSA will take any wine or spirits that are not in the special TSA sealed bags that the Chicago duty free shop has in the airport. Basically forget buying these items in the overseas duty free shops unless they have the special bags unless you find a way to check them with your baggage.

Other than Chicago security, I had a great trip home. Iberia airlines is showing a new Camino film based on Hap Kerkeling's book
And what is Hap Kerkelig's book??

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The book is I'm Off Then: Losing and Finding Myself on the Camino de Santiago released in 2006. It has sold 5 millon copies and the best selling German nonfiction book in the last 70 years (Variety)
The book is about his 2001 Camino and beginning career as a German comedian. The 2015 movie, Ich bin dann mal weg: Meine Reise auf dem Jakobsweg, is in German and and what I saw had English subtitles.

Buen camino!!!!!!!!!!!

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back