• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Atapuerca to Burgos

clearskiescamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many to mention...
I've looked for an answer to this query and I'm stumped. Perhaps someone here might know (I'm looking at @whariwharangi ;) )

I am hoping to squeeze in an extra day on my september camino..which will leave me in between Belorado - Atapuerca..and quite close to Burgos (if I am fit and well of course)
Is there a bus passing through Atapuerca and going to Burgos? I know Bus Jiminez serves that area but there doesn't appear to be a stop close to Atapuerca.

Any advise appreciated!
David

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Autobuses Jiminez has service from Atapuerca to Burgos on Fridays only.

Closest urban Buses are route 16 from Castanares and route 8 from Viafria.

The museum in Burgos operates a tour to the archeological site. ... I don't know if you can get a ticket at the Atapuerca end.

Ayuntamiento Burgos Bus Information
http://www.aytoburgos.es/turismo-en-burgos/como-llegar/estacion-de-autobuses-de-burgos

Autobuses Jiminez
http://www.grupo-jimenez.com/

Ayuntamiento Burgos Urban Bus Information
http://www.aytoburgos.es/movilidad-y-transporte/mapa-lineas-autobus

Burgos bus map
http://www.aytoburgos.es/archivos/movilidad-y-transporte/articulo/documentos/autobusesburgos.pdf

Burgos Museum of Human Evolution
http://www.museoevolucionhumana.com/~museoevo/es

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
BURGOS - CERRATÓN de JUARROS
VIERNES: 19:45
SÁBADO:
no hay servicio
DOMINGO:
no hay servicio

Días festivos consultar horarios

EMPRESA:AUT. JIMÉNEZ
INFORMACIÓN:
Tlfno: 947 26 69 30
Taquillas: 12 - 13
www.grupo-jimenez.com

Itinerario:
Burgos
Olmos de Atapuerca
Atapuerca
Agés
Santovenia de Oca
San Juan de Ortega
Barrios de Colina
Hiniestra
Villaescusa la Sombría
Arraya de Oca
Cerratón de Juarros

I think some of these buses go through Atapuerca, Ages, and San Juan de Ortega:

HORARIOS DE AUTOBUSES: LOGROÑO-BELORADO-BURGOS-ZARAGOZA

Empresa grupo Jiménez.Tfno: Burgos 947 266 930 y Belorado 947 580 050.

Belorado-Burgos

De lunes a viernes: 7:15*-9:30-12:15-14:00-14:15-18:15-20:30

Sábados: 9:30-12:15-14:00-14:15-18:15-20:30

Domingos y festivos: 12:00-17:20*-18:15-22:45

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I've looked for an answer to this query and I'm stumped. Perhaps someone here might know (I'm looking at @whariwharangi ;) )

I am hoping to squeeze in an extra day on my september camino..which will leave me in between Belorado - Atapuerca..and quite close to Burgos (if I am fit and well of course)
Is there a bus passing through Atapuerca and going to Burgos? I know Bus Jiminez serves that area but there doesn't appear to be a stop close to Atapuerca.

Any advise appreciated!
David

Hello Clearskies - what did you end up doing? I've been looking at the maps and I think we'll end up our walk at Atapuerca... my gut feeling is that we get a taxi into Burgos on the Wednesday, book a hotel and find a bus/train in the morning to take us to Logrono (where my husband will have parked the car).

Just interested in how you managed your transfer :D

Hello Clearskies - what did you end up doing? I've been looking at the maps and I think we'll end up our walk at Atapuerca... my gut feeling is that we get a taxi into Burgos on the Wednesday, book a hotel and find a bus/train in the morning to take us to Logrono (where my husband will have parked the car).

Just interested in how you managed your transfer :D

Hey @LesBrass

I've decided to bring forward my starting point to Burgos.
The reason is the bus from Bilbao to Belorado is too close to when I touch down in Bilbao, so I would rather wait around and catch the Alsa bus from Bilbao.
I have the option of getting a Jiminez bus back to Belorado as @falcon269 has mentioned but I prefer walking the extra few days after Ponferrada (which was my original end point), than the stages from Belorado to Burgos (which are meh! at best)

David

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ah...I see my post above was from May 2014..
In Sept last, I finished in Belorado and got a bus to Bilbao via La Union Alvesa.

I avoided Burgos altogether.

Thanks chaps... I think I'll plan to get a taxi into Burgos and we can then simply get the train the following morning back to Logrono. That way we wont have any timetables to worry about on our last day of walking.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The RENFE rr station is in Burgos de Lima 4 k ne of Burgos and NOT simply in the city center. Your hotel can call that taxi for your departure.

MM

Last edited:
For anyone needing this information more recently, more directly and cheaper: The end of Sept 2014, I walked from Ages out to the N120 (easy 4 k) (Zalduendo), and caught the bus (about 11.30 am) into Burgos. It looks like there may be a gravel road directly from Atapuerca to Zalduendo. I believe it's a daily bus. This info came from locals in Ages. It work wonderfully!!! ...except that it missed Atapuerca...
Buen Camino!!

I too seem to be stuck on this one - now in 2018! I need to get from Atapuerca to Burgos then to Bilbao to catch a flight all in one day! Looks like I may need to stop a day earlier at Villafranca montes de Oca which looks to be on the N 120 and catch a bus from there. Does anyone have a bus timetable (from Villafranca to Burgos) that I can understand please?
Many thanks!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back