• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Attracting attention with my face mask

Pablo Campo

Time of past OR future Camino
Via de la Plata (2017)
Invierno (2017)
Ingles (2018)
Portuguese (2020)
Frances (2020)
On the Frances this week and finish in Santiago tomorrow. Had lots of people remark positively about my face mask.... 😀😂. (Bought it from this site).

Attachments

• 1688E2AD-DD96-45DD-8D0F-0940B799D653.jpeg
    1688E2AD-DD96-45DD-8D0F-0940B799D653.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 239
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
On the Frances this week and finish in Santiago tomorrow. Had lots of people remark positively about my face mask.... 😀😂. (Bought it from this site).
I bought one to from Ivar. Got it last week 😷

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I bought 2 from Ivar's store, they have not arrived yet. Slow boat to the US!
Patience! They'll arrive -- eventually. 😄 Mine finally got to Pennsylvania two days, ago after a very leisurely trip through Europe and various parts of northeastern US. 😉 (I'd like to take a trip like that!) I ordered them several weeks ago, the same day Ivar put them up for sale, and he put them into the mail the following day.

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

Although Covid-19 might slow them down a bit. 😄 Worth the wait, though.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yeah, looks nice on you. I am waiting for a shipment from Ivar, too. I got matching neck warmer as well.

I ordered masks from the sit a couple of weeks ago, and waiting for arrival?
If you're in the US, it takes several weeks. (See my response above). I got a tracking number with the order confirmation so I was able to follow the extremely slow process. The masks are very attractive, light-weight, and breathable, so worth the wait.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I too ordered mine and am waiting. I’m from Cleveland, Ohio but am in Phoenix Az visiting grand baby and can’t wait to get home and try on mine.
I’m praying for the day when Spain opens up forAmericans to enter again.
Buen Camino to those of you who are now able to enter and walk again.

Thank you all... I have been struggling to get enough of these. Got in a bunch today so a lot of you will get email with tracking number tomorrow morning. Planning to go it at 07.00am tomorrow to get all shipments ready for DHL that comes by at 11.30.

I will also add 3 more designs later tonight to the store.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I can only see the two designs in Ivars store ..the blue mask and the stamp mask
Not the mask with the multiple colourful shells that Jeff is wearing ....can't see this design on the forum store
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought that you were referring to the ones that Ivar is selling. Jeff's looks like he found a mask that was made out of shell design fabric.

If you're in the US, it takes several weeks. (See my response above). I got a tracking number with the order confirmation so I was able to follow the extremely slow process. The masks are very attractive, light-weight, and breathable, so worth the wait.

Thanks Bala! Your experience is helpful!😄😄😄

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Patience! They'll arrive -- eventually. 😄 Mine finally got to Pennsylvania two days, ago after a very leisurely trip through Europe and various parts of northeastern US. 😉 (I'd like to take a trip like that!) I ordered them several weeks ago, the same day Ivar put them up for sale, and he put them into the mail the following day.

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

Although Covid-19 might slow them down a bit. 😄 Worth the wait, though.
You are lucky then. Ordered mine the same day but they have not reached OZ yet!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Jeff,
Very handsome mask!
You look good too!
Where did you buy this one from?
I love shells.....have them all over the place
The cloth is called "Light Blue Sea Shell" and I bought it from a store on eBay UK and got 5 masks out of a fat quarter.
The mask is an Olsen pattern - see attachment.
I added an iron on interliner to the back of the shell material to make it denser and there's a replaceable filter layer made from "mioliners" nappy liner (Sainsbury's) tucked into the pocket. The inner face is dense woven cotton cloth. So basically 4 layers and it's still breathable.
I used half of a folded pipe cleaner (you can get long colourful ones from craft shops and Poundland - £1 for a large packet) which sits in a sleeve across the bridge of the nose and can be moulded into shape.
I still get some steaming up of my specs but a folded up tissue hankie (from those handy pocket packs not a "man sized" one) folded into a strip and placed under the top of the mask usually solves that problem.

Sorry if that's all a bit parochial for those outside of the UK.

Attachments

• 003902oo-1 Olson Mask V07(1).pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 42
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
How was your Camino with lodging and food and such?

The cloth is called "Light Blue Sea Shell" and I bought it from a store on eBay UK and got 5 masks out of a fat quarter.
The mask is an Olsen pattern - see attachment.
I added an iron on interliner to the back of the shell material to make it denser and there's a replaceable filter layer made from "mioliners" nappy liner (Sainsbury's) tucked into the pocket. The inner face is dense woven cotton cloth. So basically 4 layers and it's still breathable.
I used half of a folded pipe cleaner (you can get long colourful ones from craft shops and Poundland - £1 for a large packet) which sits in a sleeve across the bridge of the nose and can be moulded into shape.
I still get some steaming up of my specs but a folded up tissue hankie (from those handy pocket packs not a "man sized" one) folded into a strip and placed under the top of the mask usually solves that problem.

Sorry if that's all a bit parochial for those outside of the UK.
Thank you for that Jeff...it's a good pattern
The tissue tip we will try as we both wear glasses and the steam does rise after a while

By the time I'm finished the steam is coming out of my ears as well!!!
Really do hate wearing them ...but needs must as they say
Thanks again
Annette

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I bought two being advertised now - with stamps (sellos) and they are lovely quality.
I bought three of the masks with the sellos. Two of them will be repackaged and shipped to my friends and fellow pilgrims Susan and Treasa in Wicklow Town, Ireland. We all met on the first day of walking the Camino Frances several years ago and remain in contact, even visiting each others homes and meeting family and friends.

I ordered one: dark blue with the yellow arrow, for travel. I currently have a plethora of masks in various patterns and fabrics, but was attracted by the waterproof quality of this fabric. I am hoping that it will arrive by the middle of next month, when I am taking off for a four day walk in the mountains. It can be my all purpose go-to mask, for taking the bus home and any other need which may arise: if the driver won't let me into the taxi back to town without a mask, or if I should happen to camp at the same campsite as other walkers. In this instance, I hope that this will not happen, but I hold to the Scout motto, "Be Prepared." And it is so obviously a camino mask that it may spark a few conversations, if anyone sees it along the trail or in town (Banff).

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I ordered one. Can't wait to get it, but mail to Guatemala is really slow and iffy

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I bought two and also the new 1:1,250,000 Camino map. All arrived last week. Great masks and map!!!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I was expecting a long wait for mine to arrive in England but it arrived in 6 days. Looks and fits well despite my "big head"!

Face masks are becoming quite the style accessories in Canada. This morning on CBC, a woman speaking with a reporter said, "I have seven, like underwears." She agreed that she has, "One for each day."

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Face masks are becoming quite the style accessories in Canada. This morning on CBC, a woman speaking with a reporter said, "I have seven, like underwears." She agreed that she has, "One for each day."
I sew some of my own clothes, and when I do I use the scraps to make matching masks. 😷

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.