• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Auckland to Madrid 15th Sept,

• Thread starter Deleted member 59555
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 59555

I just wonder if anyone is flying out 15th Sept, to Madrid as my wife is going on that day to get to Madrid on the 16th and then to Santiago then to Sarria. I will already be in Sarria to meet her.
As we are both in our sixties she is a little nervouse about the travel any one else going this way on the day.
God bless.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Terry...I'm leaving NZ just a few days earlier on the 7th..so I can't help, but I am sure there will be pilgrims from NZ travelling on that date. If you have no joy on this forum I only yesterday found a Face Book page called "Pilgrims helping Pilgrims" which maybe a good place to put your message out.

Buen Camino to you both!!

Hi Terry...I'm leaving NZ just a few days earlier on the 7th..so I can't help, but I am sure there will be pilgrims from NZ travelling on that date. If you have no joy on this forum I only yesterday found a Face Book page called "Pilgrims helping Pilgrims" which maybe a good place to put your message out.

Buen Camino to you both!!
Thank you for that Mark. Dam exciting is it not.
I leave on 10 Aug, from palmy.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Terry
I'll come if you pay my way;-)

Failing that or some other person going on the same day, I find having all my documents in order helps me be calm. Air ticket, map to accom, accommodation receipt (if already paid for - otherwise details of what I need to pay on arrival), onward train/bus tickets etc. I put them in chronological order and staple them together, then pull off the top sheet as needed.

The other thing that might help would be to simplify her trip. She could just take the train or bus from Madrid directly to Sarria.
https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Madrid/S...YkRo4guNP1ZBd-HM2ih4sBOxoWb4AT4BoCJZAQAvD_BwE

In fact, if she was really nervous, you could meet her in Madrid and do the trip with her. I would take her to the airport in Auckland to get her on the plane if that would help - but I suspect she would prefer family or friends to do that!

I just wonder if anyone is flying out 15th Sept, to Madrid as my wife is going on that day to get to Madrid on the 16th and then to Santiago then to Sarria. I will already be in Sarria to meet her.
As we are both in our sixties she is a little nervouse about the travel any one else going this way on the day.
God bless.

Hi Terry, my partner are departing late evening from Auckland on the 15th by Air NZ and via LA and Heathrow to Madrid. We arrive in Madrid on the 16th, overnight than take a train to Pamplona. If your wife is on the same flight we can meet up with her at Auckland international.

Rob

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back