• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.

Audacious Courage

William Garza

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
It will take an Audacious Courage..a Selfish Courage to wait until the Way is ready to... be...
Until then, all fatalistic self defeating thoughts must be put away and hope planted,nurtured and harvested!
Put a candle up against the day, guard its flame against errant and transient winds
Then you may learn of hope

Go down to the darkest of depths and light your flame...small against the darkness yet a comfort against it.

Decide that living is better than the slow energy death of the entropy we are living

Give of your light to others..but keep enough for yourself
So they may learn of hope

Dont give up
Dont give in
Even in the face of the worlds ending
And be brave in the new worlds arrival
Then you may learn hope

Then when the time comes? you will be justified and be re payed for holding out 10fold

Be audacious
Be brave
Be blessed

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

William Garza

Veteran Member
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
Not sure about that line.
More selfish not to wait surely? :rolleyes:
This courage to wait for something you want all for yourself. I sense a sense of doom here and there as if the world has stopped and ended,and that the Camino is done and too far to reach sometimes. I think it will open when its ready to be open..it could be a few months or a few years? Who knows what fate has in store for us.hope, like freedom is the faintest of voices that everything else must be shut out to hear.

Last edited:
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
This courage to wait for something you want all for yourself. I sense a sense of doom here and there as if the world has stopped and ended,and that the Camino is done and too far to reach sometimes. I think it will open when its ready to be open..it could be a few months or a few years? Who knows what fate has in store for us.hope, like freedom is the faintest of voices that everything else must be shut out to hear.

We just need to wait....patiently.
It will reopen.........sometime :)

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19
I believe a “new” Camino awaits us all. It will be different but what amazing newness will greet us all, take us into her loving embrace again? The Camino = Hope. So go on, keep hoping, dreaming, planning, waiting patiently while our beloved Camino emerges from her cocoon and shows us her glorious beauty once again ❤️

2012-2018 Frances, Via de la Plata, Portugues Central and Seaside, Norte
Hmmm? I was just pondering. If you have done more than one Camino, on the same route or different routes, have they ever been the same? I've been on several and a couple of routes more than once. They have never been the same. The people I meet, the serendipity moments, the vistas that appear are always different. Sometimes, because I have changed and see them with new eyes. I think if the Camino had been the same, even the second time, I would have done something else.

camino07

Veteran Member
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
I have walked 15 Caminos ,many of them duplicated and each one totally different.

Arn

Veteran Member
Hmmm? I was just pondering. If you have done more than one Camino, on the same route or different routes, have they ever been the same? I've been on several and a couple of routes more than once. They have never been the same. The people I meet, the serendipity moments, the vistas that appear are always different. Sometimes, because I have changed and see them with new eyes. I think if the Camino had been the same, even the second time, I would have done something else.
I am noted by many, family, friends, etc...that I will go out of my way NOT to retrace my steps. I make an exception for the Camino. On every one of my five Caminos (CF3, CP1, CI1) each has been different. My planning changed, my stops (even at favorite albergues/hostel/Pension) changed. Most changed is my attitude. I was the King of my first Camino. I had it all: the gear, the enthusiasm, the ATTITUDE, the desire to prove myself once again. I failed miserably.
Every time I log into the Forum, I walk the Camino again...today the Norte, last week the VDLP, once from Slovenia...you get the picture.
I watch movies about the Camino "The Way" and find, that because of my actually have walked the Camino, I over analyze the movie. I've watched many YouTube movies...each it different...but the same!
I cry when someone is hurt and can't go on. I try to reach into the video and give encouragement. Then I realize I am crying because it's a video and they can't hear me.
This year, and much of last year, the Camino appears a bridge too far (good movie by the way) for many. Take comfort in knowing the Camino has been there over a millennia. It, and all it has to offer will be there calling you back. Not once, not twice but forever long you have to plan, ponder and prepare for your next Camino. The Way IS forward!
Buen "Hope springs eternal" Camno
Arn

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.