• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Audacious Courage

William Garza

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
It will take an Audacious Courage..a Selfish Courage to wait until the Way is ready to... be...
Until then, all fatalistic self defeating thoughts must be put away and hope planted,nurtured and harvested!
Put a candle up against the day, guard its flame against errant and transient winds
Then you may learn of hope

Go down to the darkest of depths and light your flame...small against the darkness yet a comfort against it.

Decide that living is better than the slow energy death of the entropy we are living

Give of your light to others..but keep enough for yourself
So they may learn of hope

Dont give up
Dont give in
Even in the face of the worlds ending
And be brave in the new worlds arrival
Then you may learn hope

Then when the time comes? you will be justified and be re payed for holding out 10fold

Be audacious
Be brave
Be blessed

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not sure about that line.
More selfish not to wait surely? :rolleyes:
This courage to wait for something you want all for yourself. I sense a sense of doom here and there as if the world has stopped and ended,and that the Camino is done and too far to reach sometimes. I think it will open when its ready to be open..it could be a few months or a few years? Who knows what fate has in store for us.hope, like freedom is the faintest of voices that everything else must be shut out to hear.

Last edited:
This courage to wait for something you want all for yourself. I sense a sense of doom here and there as if the world has stopped and ended,and that the Camino is done and too far to reach sometimes. I think it will open when its ready to be open..it could be a few months or a few years? Who knows what fate has in store for us.hope, like freedom is the faintest of voices that everything else must be shut out to hear.

We just need to wait....patiently.
It will reopen.........sometime :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I believe a “new” Camino awaits us all. It will be different but what amazing newness will greet us all, take us into her loving embrace again? The Camino = Hope. So go on, keep hoping, dreaming, planning, waiting patiently while our beloved Camino emerges from her cocoon and shows us her glorious beauty once again ❤️

Hmmm? I was just pondering. If you have done more than one Camino, on the same route or different routes, have they ever been the same? I've been on several and a couple of routes more than once. They have never been the same. The people I meet, the serendipity moments, the vistas that appear are always different. Sometimes, because I have changed and see them with new eyes. I think if the Camino had been the same, even the second time, I would have done something else.

I have walked 15 Caminos ,many of them duplicated and each one totally different.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hmmm? I was just pondering. If you have done more than one Camino, on the same route or different routes, have they ever been the same? I've been on several and a couple of routes more than once. They have never been the same. The people I meet, the serendipity moments, the vistas that appear are always different. Sometimes, because I have changed and see them with new eyes. I think if the Camino had been the same, even the second time, I would have done something else.
I am noted by many, family, friends, etc...that I will go out of my way NOT to retrace my steps. I make an exception for the Camino. On every one of my five Caminos (CF3, CP1, CI1) each has been different. My planning changed, my stops (even at favorite albergues/hostel/Pension) changed. Most changed is my attitude. I was the King of my first Camino. I had it all: the gear, the enthusiasm, the ATTITUDE, the desire to prove myself once again. I failed miserably.
Every time I log into the Forum, I walk the Camino again...today the Norte, last week the VDLP, once from Slovenia...you get the picture.
I watch movies about the Camino "The Way" and find, that because of my actually have walked the Camino, I over analyze the movie. I've watched many YouTube movies...each it different...but the same!
I cry when someone is hurt and can't go on. I try to reach into the video and give encouragement. Then I realize I am crying because it's a video and they can't hear me.
This year, and much of last year, the Camino appears a bridge too far (good movie by the way) for many. Take comfort in knowing the Camino has been there over a millennia. It, and all it has to offer will be there calling you back. Not once, not twice but forever long you have to plan, ponder and prepare for your next Camino. The Way IS forward!
Buen "Hope springs eternal" Camno
Arn

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back