• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Aug 15 - 25 start? Who's going?!

Walk This Way

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago (2014)
Just want to give a hello out there to anyone else who might be starting during these ten days!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, I'm starting on 25 August from St Jean Pied de Port. Hope I see you in the way. Christine

Hi. I will be setting off walking from Irun around the 15th going to Granon.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I start from SJPdP on the 25th. Overnight stay at Orisson. Say hello @Chrisp in case we pass each other ..we'll commence on the same day.
!Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Arriving SJPDP on Saturday 23 August then walking to Orisson on the Sunday 24, then all being well onward to SDC.
Asger.me you will catch me up and go passed no doubt, so Buen Camino to you and all others.

Hello Angelo. I look forward to meeting you and we will see each other because we both start in SJDP on 25th and I am staying overnight in Orrison.

Staying in Bayonne the first night (15.08) and will have a stop at Orisson as well. I guess, I will see you there Brinkan. :)

Hello, I starting on August 15, staying at Auberge du Pèlerin, 25 rue de la Citadelle. First stop att Orisson.

Arriving SJPDP on Saturday 23 August then walking to Orisson on the Sunday 24, then all being well onward to SDC.
Asger.me you will catch me up and go passed no doubt, so Buen Camino to you and all others.

We will see ;) I sure won't be the fastest on the Camino.

Just want to give a hello out there to anyone else who might be starting during these ten days!
Hi I'm starting in SJPP on 27th august - catching a couchette from Paris on the 25th -arrive SJPP 26th if anyone else on that train would be great to meet up
Ali from Uk

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Guys, I am starting from Leon until 2nd September but I thought I would mention it as a lot of you are starting in St Jean so it could be you might be around Leon on 2nd? Angie

Hi Pat here, I'm starting from SJPDP on 19th, August. Paths might cross who known. Bes of luck. Buen Camino.

Hi Guys, I am starting from Leon until 2nd September but I thought I would mention it as a lot of you are starting in St Jean so it could be you might be around Leon on 2nd? Angie
I'm starting from Leon on the 28th but plan to go very easy so may be in SDC around 10th. So maybe we will be there around the same time, especially if I am there for a while.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Angelo / Christine,
I am leaving SJPP on August 25th with my wife and a friend of ours. We're also staying overnight in Orisson. We'll see you there!

Carle

Hi everyone, I'm one day outside the Aug 15-25 window, but I'm sure I'll get to meet some of you along the way. I'm starting in SJPDP on August 26th, with an overnight stay in Orisson.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
We are headed to Bayonne from Paris on the morning train on August 27th will take the bus to St. Jean Pied de Port. Look for a couple of Yankees. One of us will be wearing a white cowboy hat.

Hello everyone.... My Partner Diane and myself arrive in SJPP on the 23 August and walk on to Hunto in the evening.. as we arrive in Biarritz about 15.45 hours then have a taxi booked from there to SJPP... :). Buen Camino

Angelo / Christine,
I am leaving SJPP on August 25th with my wife and a friend of ours. We're also staying overnight in Orisson. We'll see you there!

Carle
See you then, Carle! 8 days before I leave Sydney.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am starting from SJPP on 22 August, staying in Orrisson and heading to Roncesvalles on 23 August. Travelling solo and plan to reach SDC on 26 September.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Flying into Santiago on Wednesday 27th and planning to get to either Leon or Sahagun by early afternoon on Thursday 28th and starting properly on Friday 29th, return flight on Thursday 11th September so some long days if I'm going to get to Finisterre. :(:confused:

Last edited:
spending the night of 28th in Pamplona Tony. Hope to walk with you on the 29th although I will be walking slow.

Flying into Santiago on Wednesday 27th and planning to get to either Leon or Sahagun by early afternoon on Thursday 28th and starting properly on Friday 30th, return flight on Thursday 11th September so some long days if I'm going to get to Finisterre. :(:confused:
Given that schedule Speedy Gonzales you will be zooming past me at some point. I leave Leon on the 28th and will dawdle into SDC on or about the 10th.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Given that schedule Speedy Gonzales you will be zooming past me at some point. I leave Leon on the 28th and will dawdle into SDC on or about the 10th.

Ah but Al, will you not be with the apple of your eye while I will be trying to catch up with my unknown soulmate who destiny will surely place ahead of me somewhere on the way. ;)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back