Search 69,459 Camino Questions

August 2010

Pepa

Happy, happy, happy!! Just booked my tickets. If all goes well my Camino starts in July from Oviedo, I have read many of the previous posts on the Primitivo and I think I'll love it, just 7 months to wait!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you Rose Louise, I am, in fact, enjoying the planning a lot, that is part of the Camino, that's why it is such a great thing to book tickets, it becomes real, now I know I will be going, the Camino is there, waiting for me.
I would love to see some of the Forum member if there is someone walking at the same time, I'll be checking the calendar.
Pepa

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, Pepa, you are in for a real treat. I walked the Primitivo last Sept-October and it was really spectacular -- the scenery is great, the crowds are few, and there are good albergues. If you've got the extra time and interest, I'd suggest adding on another 4-5 days and starting in Leon, going up to Oviedo on the Salvador, and then continuing on the Primitivo. Putting those two together made it a really fabulous walk. You can find a bit on the Salvador on this forum, and three of us have just "published" a guide to the walk on the British Confraternity's website.
Happy planning, Laurie

Hi Laurie, I thought about your suggestion but I'm sorry to say won't be able to add any days. My initial plan was to start in Irún and walk to Bilbao on the Norte and get a bus from Bilbao to Oviedo and the Primitivo. But -due to family business- I'll only have time for the Primitivo this year, and - hopefully- the walk from Santiago to Finisterre.
I read your posts on the Primitivo and I have to admit they were part of my decision to do this Camino. :D
Pepa

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back