Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.

August 2021

norfolk-keith

Past OR future Camino
This is a request to anyone and everyone who is either in the know, completed the Camino this past year or just well informed of the current/planned guidelines.
I've already walked the Camino 3 times and would like to come back one more time, but this time I'm challenging myself to cycle it. I know this is going to have a completely new set of challenges that I've never faced before it's never meant to be easy.
What I'm asking the community is:
I plan flying from Stanstead England to Biarritz and busing it to SJPP and cycling from there to Santiago. The question is, is Biarritz open to flights from England and then crossing borders into Spain and once in Spain travelling across Spain to Santiago, what restrictions across the regions.
I know there is still quite some time before August but getting a feel from especially Pilgrims that have already and currently making the journey would be extremely helpful.
I look forward to any help and advice you can offer or suggest. Buen Camino Keith from Norfolk

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
To Santiago and back (roads & paths; Tours; Francés; sea; roads & paths)
Welcome, @norfolk-keith! As you mentioned yourself, it is way too early to say anything about the situation in August when you plan to travel from the UK to Bilbao in Spain and then to SJPP in France. I also understand that you'd like to get a feel for what the situation is right now, as you say.

Have a look at http://www.viadelaplataguide.net/pa...questions-about-walking-the-via-de-la-plata#1. Forum member @geraldkelly (his avatar says that he is based in Ireland) maintains an excellent summary about the current situation in Spain. Although he writes for the Via de la Plata, the summary applies for all of Spain.

I see that there is a Vueling flight today from Gatwick to Bilbao. You will know of course that you would be unlikely to be allowed to board, due to restrictions imposed by the Spanish government and a different set of restrictions imposed by the British government. Roll on May the 17th, is all I can say. ☺️

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads