• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

August 2021

norfolk-keith

Time of past OR future Camino
This is a request to anyone and everyone who is either in the know, completed the Camino this past year or just well informed of the current/planned guidelines.
I've already walked the Camino 3 times and would like to come back one more time, but this time I'm challenging myself to cycle it. I know this is going to have a completely new set of challenges that I've never faced before it's never meant to be easy.
What I'm asking the community is:
I plan flying from Stanstead England to Biarritz and busing it to SJPP and cycling from there to Santiago. The question is, is Biarritz open to flights from England and then crossing borders into Spain and once in Spain travelling across Spain to Santiago, what restrictions across the regions.
I know there is still quite some time before August but getting a feel from especially Pilgrims that have already and currently making the journey would be extremely helpful.
I look forward to any help and advice you can offer or suggest. Buen Camino Keith from Norfolk

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Welcome, @norfolk-keith! As you mentioned yourself, it is way too early to say anything about the situation in August when you plan to travel from the UK to Bilbao in Spain and then to SJPP in France. I also understand that you'd like to get a feel for what the situation is right now, as you say.

Have a look at http://www.viadelaplataguide.net/pa...questions-about-walking-the-via-de-la-plata#1. Forum member @geraldkelly (his avatar says that he is based in Ireland) maintains an excellent summary about the current situation in Spain. Although he writes for the Via de la Plata, the summary applies for all of Spain.

I see that there is a Vueling flight today from Gatwick to Bilbao. You will know of course that you would be unlikely to be allowed to board, due to restrictions imposed by the Spanish government and a different set of restrictions imposed by the British government. Roll on May the 17th, is all I can say. ☺️

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.