• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

August 2022 - Camino de Madrid

WalkingGeo

Sept/Oct 2016
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2016 Frances
August 2018 CP - Lisbon to SDdC
Bendiceme Padre porque no he caminado, It has been 4 years since my last Camino! Seriously though, I had planned to walk in 2020 (to keep me on a every other year schedule that started in 2016) and we all know, what happened to that schedule!! Ahh, Finally! Commitment made ✅, airfare purchased ✅, backpack dusted off ✅, training ✅ and now, beginning to wrap my head around the Route to Santiago, Muxia & Finisterre. After a short look at Camino de Madrid forum, I am surprised at the relatively small number of posts for walking from Madrid in the 3rd quarter of 2022. So, if you are planning to walk this route anytime from July to September, Please Reply back with a 👍 With your County of Origin & Start Date! ----- Let me be the 1st----- 👍 USA - 8/17/2022

From wherever you start and however long it takes you, may you all have a
Buen Camino!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
👍 12 Sep 2022!

I’m planning to continue on the Salvador & Primitivo. Not sure if I‘ll continue to Muxia/Finisterre - will see how I feel at that time 😁

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Bendiceme Padre porque no he caminado, It has been 4 years since my last Camino! Seriously though, I had planned to walk in 2020 (to keep me on a every other year schedule that started in 2016) and we all know, what happened to that schedule!! Ahh, Finally! Commitment made ✅, airfare purchased ✅, backpack dusted off ✅, training ✅ and now, beginning to wrap my head around the Route to Santiago, Muxia & Finisterre. After a short look at Camino de Madrid forum, I am surprised at the relatively small number of posts for walking from Madrid in the 3rd quarter of 2022. So, if you are planning to walk this route anytime from July to September, Please Reply back with a 👍 With your County of Origin & Start Date! ----- Let me be the 1st----- 👍 USA - 8/17/2022

Buen Camino!!
Starting the camino de Madrid on 3/9, we are from Belgien

Buen Camino!!
👍 26 september

I am planning to start september 26th from from Madrid.
But I saw some albergues are closed. Wich means I will have to stay more often in hostals/pensions.
Buen Camino!
Caroline.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Starting the camino de Madrid on 3/9, we are from Belgien
My son and I walked my first Camino on the Frances from SJdP and the first friend we made was a Wonderful Guy from Belgium and by coincidence his name was Guy!! Very interesting Pilgrim, he spoke 6 Languages and had a great sense of humor!

I hope you have a fruitful journey!

Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
👍 26 september

I am planning to start september 26th from from Madrid.
But I saw some albergues are closed. Wich means I will have to stay more often in hostals/pensions.
Buen Camino!
Caroline.
Hola Caroline,

I have noticed that Gronze.com may be more up to date on Albergues and other places to rest your head. Also they have a Beta version that you can use on your phone as a GPS, showing the route and your location. I can't speak for the accuracy as I will be trying it out myself in August. If it's something you're interested in you can message me in early September and I'll gladly give you my thoughts.

Buen Camino

Buen Camino!!
Hey - I just finished the Camino Madrid - arrived to Sahagun 4 days ago. It was different ! Very different. Not many albergues at all until Segovia, then one per day maybe two. Usually had them all myself for €5. It was not without its challenges in terms of food and water. Very, very, very rural after Segovia please be prepared. I met maybe 5 or 6 pilgrims the entire 3 weeks or thereabouts. Gronze wasn’t that accurate- some places were closed as the hospitalero was away etc I’d suggest stay with Ray and Rosa or at least WhatsApp them. They saved me twice with info on open accommodation. Good luck!

Ooo thanks, on a walk now, trying not bump into trash cans. If you don’t mind, I’ll message you later for some info.

George

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Buen Camino!!
I'm planning to walk the Madrid late September. Would also like to chat with others who know more about this route. How do I access the Madrid forum? jv

How do I access the Madrid forum?
You are in the Madrid forum now - at the very top of the thread you can see the "breadcrumbs" showing the hierarchy and how far deep you are. If you click on "ES Camino de Madrid" at the top of the thread (not on the image below), you will see all the threads in that forum, including some good ones that are pinned to the top.
Capture.JPG

You can view all of the forums here (or by clicking on the Casa Ivar image/logo at the top of your screen). Scroll down to see all of the forums and sub-forums.

Hola Caroline,

I have noticed that Gronze.com may be more up to date on Albergues and other places to rest your head. Also they have a Beta version that you can use on your phone as a GPS, showing the route and your location. I can't speak for the accuracy as I will be trying it out myself in August. If it's something you're interested in you can message me in early September and I'll gladly give you my thoughts.

Buen Camino
Hi again, getting a few messages and a little more researching, you may have some success in getting more information at this site: https://www.rayyrosa.com/camino-de-madrid

Cheers

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.