• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Aurec-sur-loire to Cahors.....Poitiers to Orleans

vicrev

Hi All......I intend walking(without a cart) Aurec-sur-loire to Cahors,in early May. Then walk Poitiers to Orleans,camping mostly,it is supposed to be a beautiful walk.I will bus/train Cahors to Poitiers. Has anyone done this walk? Any info would be greatly appreciated!..........Cheers Vicr

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Vicr, I walked the Via Turonensis a few years ago and the route between Orleans and Poiters was mostly on roads. It is a very flat route until you reach the south, near St Palais.
There was a pilgrim albergue in Poitiers but it was booked out by a youth group. There were very few pilgrim signs so going backwards could be more difficult than doing it the right way.
I do hope things have improved so that you have a good walk on that section.

IN this profile you can see that the route from Paris is almost completely flat.

Attachments

• Altitudes-Via Touronensis.gif
    Altitudes-Via Touronensis.gif
    40.5 KB · Views: 610
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This is the one that I have.

Attachments

• Altitudes-Le Puy VP.gif
    Altitudes-Le Puy VP.gif
    41.2 KB · Views: 557
Hi Silvia

I am planning to walk from Rocamadour to Aire-sur-l'Adour in June and the Cele route (Figeac to Cahors) in September. I have the Michelin and 2013 Miam Miam Dodo and downloaded the Rocamadour route, but I would love to see as well the profile maps of the Rocamadour and Cele routes. Can you help? (as usual!!!)

Thanks.
Dolfina

Thanks Sillydoll.....I thought there was a walking track between Cahors & Poitiers that runs Cahors to Tours and then along the Loire to Orleans,I wont be going backwards,this way I can jump on a train at Orleans & back home to Argenton-sur-creuse......Cheers Vicr

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The directions from Orleans in the CSJ Guide book takes you on the road through many small villages.
The fellow at the Youth Hostel in Orleans recommended that we avoid the road and follow the walkers path alongside the river all the way to Beuagency. It sounded great!
The track was a pleasant surprise as the route followed the river Loire on a small footpath. The only problem was that there were no signs, no people, no towns or villages (ie no food or water) and we didn't know how we would know when we reached Beaugency.
After about 25kms we came to a no entry sign on a locked gate and had to double back to find the road. We finally reached the medieval bridge of Beaugency after walking ± 38kms.

Argenton-sur-creuse
I am envious of your home! The gite at the park leaving town (Le Pechereau) was among the best I ever stayed in. It did require a stop at the Carrefour to self-cater. It looked like a great place to live.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back