• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Australia and New Zealand Class of 2014

Hi

Hubby & I are from Sydney & planning to do our first Camino in either May 2014 or 2015, depending on work commitments.

Chris is currently 62 years and I am 57 years.

Any other from Australia planning their walks for the same time??
I did the Camino starting in SJPDP in May 2013. A couple of weeks later I met a couple from Port Macquarie, Australia and walked the rest of the way to Santiago. Absolutely delightful couple. I have their email if you wish to contact them! Semper fi. Paul

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola Angelo, if you happen to be in Sydney on Saturday 7 June or 2 Aug the Sydney Pilgrims meet at the City of Sydney RSL club (up to 2nd story - its in George St just down from Liverpool St). We start around 12.00 for lunch and drinks. You will be more than welcome - just be prepared to meet a group of Camino Nuts. Here is a link to the web site
http://www.pilgrimsinsydney.org/
Buen Camino
Hi Angelo,

Hope you can make it to our meeting next Saturday. There is a minor correction to Mike's information and that is that we'll be starting at 11.30am for new pilgrims.

The first part of the gathering is a general information session with question time. We then spread out so there's a mix of new and experienced pilgrims at each table. People generally move around during the gathering so that you have an opportunity to ask questions of a number of different people.

I second Kanga's opinion of the September weather. The September I walked, the weather was not only pleasant but very settled. However, I also enjoyed walking the Camino in June. We don't have any control over the weather so best just to take it as it comes. Obviously it is more pleasant to walk when it's not pouring rain, freezing cold or blistering hot but, once you've started, it doesn't seem to matter as much as you think it's going to.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks heaps Doug. It's a very useful link.

Hi Julie,
I sent you a PM re Saturday meeting

Doing the Camino now will be at the August meet as we do t get back till 21st July - whatever you do do the Camino no matter when what a great experience

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, and looking to do just the last 100km this time around in September-October this year - I would love to do the whole thing but I just can't get the time off work for long enough. Just wondering if anyone was going to be there around the same time, and if anyone else could recommend some reading for me for background info!

And April/May and June/July! Every season has it's pleasures. Margaret Meredith has me seriously considering a winter Camino.

Finding a bunk in the busy season can be difficult. That's one reason I have always gone in late autumn/winter. It may be cold but there are plenty of bunks in those albergues that remain open!! Tempted? Read what others and I have written on walking in winter in this earlier Forum thread .

Margaret Meredith

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.