• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Australian Cricket Team going on Camino

David

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
In breaking news - the Australian Cricket Team, strangely reluctant to go back to Australia at the moment, are stopping over in Spain on their way home and going on Camino.

Australian Captain, Michael Clarke, looking a little Ashen-faced, said "Oh yeah, were not in a hurry to go home and we'd like to do that. No worries, we are fit and well-trained and we reckon we can do that 790k in 28 overs, oops, sorry there cobber, days"

A member of the English Cricket Team who wishes to remain anonymous, Stuart Broad, was heard to say "790k in 28? Oh yeah, good luck with that. I think they will do just 60 and be finished by lunchtime".

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@David you are sledging. Didn't you hear about the mix-up? We sent the croquet team by mistake. They'll be fine on camino. Plenty of walking practice. Just stand aside for the mallets and balls. The cricket team won't be going on camino - they have just been defeated in the first round of the world netball championships.

I might have a word with Ivar. Cricket should join bull fighting as a banned topic. Just until Australia beats the Poms again - as we will do one day.....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In breaking news - the Australian Cricket Team, strangely reluctant to go back to Australia at the moment, are stopping over in Spain on their way home and going on Camino.

Australian Captain, Michael Clarke, looking a little Ashen-faced, said "Oh yeah, were not in a hurry to go home and we'd like to do that. No worries, we are fit and well-trained and we reckon we can do that 790k in 28 overs, oops, sorry there cobber, days"

A member of the English Cricket Team who wishes to remain anonymous, Stuart Broad, was heard to say "790k in 28? Oh yeah, good luck with that. I think they will do just 60 and be finished by lunchtime".
Naughty,naughty David,you shouldn't kick a man when he's down,he wouldn't do that to you.Sorry,what's that ? It's a whole team ,o well that's all right then.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wow David has JennieH94 got this terrible news yet on the bush telegraph or are they on BROAD banned ?

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm with Sixwheeler ... I've just read through the list of new threads from yesterday and saw the heading of this thread ... AND I KNEW ;)... I JUST KNEW :D, who the OP would be !!!

David, as usual, you don't disappoint! What a hoot!

Cheers (and tears!) - Jenny

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ah the English
Have you not heard of the "rope a dope"
Australia just coming off winning the World Cup (Engalnd didn't get past the first round) lose the Ashes and get to offload all the deadwood and come back even stronger with a new captain. Watch this space.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
As a friend of mine said this weekend - " It's cricket, who cares?". I'm positively trembling at the prospect of what Kanga's revenge might be with nearly two months to think it up.

@Al the optimist and @David It only took 24 hours. The Aussie Netball girls smashed the English team last night. I thought about putting "smashed" in capitals or bold, but really, why bother. There is no need to make a fuss when an Aussie sports team wins. It is soooo ho hum.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
At 3am in a hotel room the Australian Cricket Captain speaks ..

"Is this the Ashes which I see before me,
The handle toward my hand? Come, let me clutch thee.
I have thee not, and yet I see thee still.
Art thou not, fatal vision, sensible
To feeling as to sight? Or art thou but
A trophy of the mind, a false creation,
Proceeding from my Australian heat-oppressèd brain?"

Might I remind you how "The Ashes" came about?

Ah well, I'm a kindly soul, I'm happy to let the English gloat - they have so little to give them pleasure. Presumably why so they spend all that time in Spain.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Kanga stay cool do not sink to their level. Everyone gets lucky some time, our we country (Ireland/N Ireland so good they named it twice) has beaten Brazil, Germany, and England at football, everyone at some time in Rugby and even the big boys at cricket. We are great at golf but the rest is luck. Let our English comrades sit in the afterglow of their luck, cause it won't last long, they will be back to normal (Delusional)!!!!!!!

As I don't know anything at all about sport - what is the significance of the October Kanga revenge riposte we are expecting?

I'm sure she will be gentle with us ....

View attachment 20321
@Kanga and other Australians.

I shall continue to bathe in the sunshine, whilst it lasts, of our recent regaining of the Ashes.

However "summer's lease hath all too short a date" and I fear our hubris will soon be rudely tempered with nemesis once the Rugby World Cup starts on 18th Septembero_O
When that starts.....I'm "Irish only"

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
David and William how can the bard resist:
“A wretched soul,bruised with adversity,We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
But were we burdened with like weight of pain, As much or more we should ourselves complain.”
-William Shakespeare

Last edited:
@Kanga and other Australians.

I shall continue to bathe in the sunshine, whilst it lasts, of our recent regaining of the Ashes.

However "summer's lease hath all too short a date" and I fear our hubris will soon be rudely tempered with nemesis once the Rugby World Cup starts on 18th Septembero_O
Yes it's probable that the Southern Nations will prevail of those of the Old World.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Any Kiwis out there on the Camino?

I've just seen the All Blacks perform the haka at the start of the Bledisloe Cup in Eden Park. Fabulous. How can we compete with that? Something tells me that naming our team the "Wallabies" was a mistake. Wallabies are rather small, gentle, herbivores.

Being of Scottish x Cornish breeding but with English RP pronunciation I am usually taken as such
BUT
sometimes I choose to duck and weave between those two alternatives when it suits!

What´s wrong with being a mongrel? The others are overbred. no?

What´s wrong with being a mongrel? The others are overbred. no?

How right you are!

All our 5 dogs, though dignified by title as Lurchers, are in truth mongrels.
But a healthier bunch you couldn't wish for.
Unlike those pedigree jobs whose sole purpose in life seems to be to keep their owners fretting and pet vets and drug companies in business!

However, can't say I, as a "Celtic" mongrel, am as fit or healthy as our dogs!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back