• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Australian Friends of the Camino Inc.

jl

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
It's official! Last Friday we recieved our Certificate of Incorporation and so now the "Australian Friends of the Camino Incorporated" is officially registered with our Consumer Affairs Department!

We are holding our first official gathering at 2.40p.m. on April 3rd here in Adelaide at St James Church, Mile End. Dee Nolan is to be our Guest Speaker (authour of "A Food Lover's Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela")

If you need more information contact Janet at:- walkspain*chariot.net.au

(substitute an @ for the * - trying to avoid spam!)

As we get things like membership forms, credential etc up and running we will post more information here.

Janet

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Janet,
Well done all of you who have driven that achievement. Would love to be at the inaugural meeting and being a foodie and having read Dee's book, I would relish the opportunity to hear her speak, but alas, the budget doesn't stretch that far.
Best wishes for the 3rd and I look forward to being involved. Well done!
Russell

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks Reb. Will put all contact details up ASAP along with membership fees, website address and so on. As you can understand we are wanting to do this safely (having info on the internet I mean). At this stage send anyone looking for answers in my direction - either PM or email from the address on the first post:- walkspain*chariot.net.au (substitute * with an @)
(our email address will change in the next few weeks - but that one will always be accessible to) Cheers, Janet

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am in Sydney, love the Camino and would like to know more as it happens. Anything pro Camino in Oz is a great development. There are many Australian's who would profit from walking the Camino; physically, mentally, socially and spiritually.

I did the Camino from Tours to Bordeaux then from St Jean to Santiago last year and plan to walk from from Rome to Santiago this year. (hopefully in about 5 weeks from now).

All the best in this work.

Kind Regards

Michael

Hi,
I've just read about the meeting that was held at Mile End, South Australia.
I live at Campbelltown and would have loved to attend.
My question is where may I obtain the book, about the food. I heard about it on the
radio, but when enquired at bookshop on the Parade, no help.
I look forward to your reply.
Josephine.

Well folks, our meeting was an outstanding success!

We had about 45 people attend, appropriately at St James Church, and almost as many apologies (about 15 of those from interstate). The afteroon began with a short "business" meeting, which was really an information session on what the Australian Friends of the Camino Inc had acheived since the first gathering on July 25th last year and was followed by our guest speaker, Dee Nolan. We were charmed and entertained by Dee, a journalist and author, who completed her talk by showing us some of the outstanding photos by Earl Carter included in the book "The Food Lover's Pilgrimage to santiago de Compostela".

Most of the 7 member Committee were introduced (one was unable to be because she is currently in Sapin preparing to make her Camino), and with a full compliment of Office bearers for the next year we are ready for action.

I will post more details later of our website, membership form etc. We are just waiting to confirm details for the next meeting and I will post those details too.

If you wish to know more please send me an email to:-

walkspain*chariot.net.au

Substitute the * with an @ - copying CSJ's spam reduction technique!

regards, Janet

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Josephine, I suggest you try Dymocks in the city (and maybe Burnside) and the last time I looked Borders also had it. You can't miss it - it is a very big green coffee table book. Cheers, Janet

hi,

I walked my second camino last year, unfortunately Australian credentials were not available:(

Are they available now? I am planning to walk again in May 12

Regards

Frank

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi ffp13,
I walked the Camino Aragones in Sept this year, and used the AFC Credential. It's a useful size just bigger than a standard National passport and with space for 6 sellos per page. I have also written some notes, noting especially the changes to the recommended route in the booklet that the English Confraternity publish, togeher with a map double A4 size (which I think is A5). I can email them to you if you send me details on a PM. I very much enjoyed this Camino. David

Well done Janet on the first news letter.
A lot of time and love has been has gone into this and you mob from the Adelaide Hills, near that lovely wine in Careys Gully deserve full praise.
Should we all send a little photo and description of a particular place of enjoyment from our walks.??
Keep up the good work,
David

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thornley said:
Well done Janet on the first news letter.
I second David's congratulations. A good read and nicely presented.
Well done all involved.
Col

I am so pleased the Aussies have got this up and running. Now we need one for New Zealand. I fly from Auckland in two days and start walking from SJPP on 1st May

Carol06 said:
I fly from Auckland in two days and start walking from SJPP on 1st May
Hi Carol,
Welcome to the forum. My wife and I will be a couple of weeks behind you (from Lourdes). Have a wonderful walk.
Buen Camino.
Col

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I am sure that Janet will be pleased with the warm words of thanks. At the moment she is walking the la Francagina from Canterbury to Rome, via the western battlefields of World War 1, where she will be present at the Anzaz Day dawn service.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

how dop i get an Australian Credencial? cant seem to find the AFOC site

how dop i get an Australian Credencial? cant seem to find the AFOC site
Hi Sue Ann

Google AFOTC. And Buen Camino!

I leave in 3 weeks time with my Aussie credential to walk from Astorga.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Great stuff!

I am an Aussie Pilgrim based in Lennox Head, just near Byron Bay.

I would love to know more info about what events etc you are planning on having!!

:)

It's official! Last Friday we recieved our Certificate of Incorporation and so now the "Australian Friends of the Camino Incorporated" is officially registered with our Consumer Affairs Department!

We are holding our first official gathering at 2.40p.m. on April 3rd here in Adelaide at St James Church, Mile End. Dee Nolan is to be our Guest Speaker (authour of "A Food Lover's Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela")

If you need more information contact Janet at:- walkspain*chariot.net.au

(substitute an @ for the * - trying to avoid spam!)

As we get things like membership forms, credential etc up and running we will post more information here.

Janet
Unrelated but.....I began the Camino in SJPDP on August 24. A few days later in Pamplona, I met a woman from Queensland with her daughter, age 11 and her son, aged 6. They were walking to Santiago. I heard reports along the way that they were struggling. Anyone know if they made it? Sorry for the randomness of this....

I would love to know more info about what events etc you are planning on having!!

Hi there, we have a website which gives the various times and places where people meet. We try and keep it up to date, but are dependent on people letting us know relevant information. There is a membership form on the website, and we provide credencials upon request to our members. The website address is -
http://www.afotc.org/

and our email address is
info@afotc.org

Buen Camino, Janet

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi there, we have a website which gives the various times and places where people meet. We try and keep it up to date, but are dependent on people letting us know relevant information. There is a membership form on the website, and we provide credencials upon request to our members. The website address is -
http://www.afotc.org/

and our email address is
info@afotc.org

Buen Camino, Janet

Thanks so much Janet!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back