• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Australian walks

rossmckay

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2016
Hi,

I'm looking for a few weekend and long weekend walks that are 20k ish per day but don't require overnight camping. Point to point or loop is fine as long as there is a taxi or bus to take us back if the former.

We're based in Canberra so there's a few legs of the Great Northern Walk that are convenient. The Canberra Centennial walk works too. A couple of the Vic rail walks eg Beechworth to Everton and back although it's all uphill one way and all downhill the other.

That's the sort of think I'm after if anybody can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
You might find the CANWalk site useful. It has a fairly complete list of the Canberra region organizations involved in walking activities of one sort or another. Namadgi NP has a few longer loop and out and back walks from about 15 km to 19 km, but they are mainly on fire trails and management tracks. You could do parts of the Australian Alps Walking track but that does require camping if you are out overnight.

A great option near Melbourne is any one of the 8 legs of the Great Ocean Walk. Most legs have drive in access. Fabulous coastal scenery and a very well maintained and waymarked track.

The "Pallottine Camino" walked for the first time this year in April will be repeated next year April 23rd to 25th. 65km over three days. See flyer below. It was a great group to be part of this year....

Attachments

• Pallottine Camino Claim the date Flyer 2016.pdf
    692.3 KB · Views: 24
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back