• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Autumn….

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
when autumn arrives in New Zealand, I keep feeling the pull to be on a plane heading north to Spain.
This time two years ago I was day-by-day revising my solo Valencia to Muxia walk, and eventually realising it could not happen then.
I am now feeling more rooted than I ever have (which is a blessing)….and I know I cannot walk this year or probably even next year….but I still hope for 2026 for my planned walk (that year because the days and dates are the same as 2020 so my handmade journal will work)….and I secretly hope for a sneaky spontaneous Camino Frances in 2024.
In the meantime, when the nights get too cool for just a sheet, I savour the memories of my Caminos so far stitched into my Camino Blankets.
2DD6F95D-69FA-4CE2-A8BF-44C8646E3624.jpeg
And even though I know I can’t go anywhere, the disappointment has gone and I find myself popping in to the forum more regularly!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi @Kiwi-family
Wonderful to read a post from you again.
I have been thinking of you and wondering if there were plans afoot for you or you with some of the family.
It’s encouraging knowing you’re resurrecting plans.

Good luck Rachel and Buen camino 🥰
X

Hi @Kiwi-family
Wonderful to read a post from you again.
I have been thinking of you and wondering if there were plans afoot for you or you with some of the family.
It’s encouraging knowing you’re resurrecting plans.

Good luck Rachel and Buen camino 🥰
X
My eldest daughter and her husband are currently walking some of New Zealand’s Great Walks - that’s the best I can offer for now!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Back