• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Average cost of dining per day

JenD

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning on June 2017
Just figuring out my budget. Sorry if this has been posted before.

What is an approximate per day cost for meals in your experience?

Thanks
Jen

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It depends on if you eat out every meal or picnic.
I budget 20 euros a day and get by fine on it, but I only eat one large restaurant meal.
The rest of the day I picnic or cook.

Thanks
Jen

Jen:

Coffee and pastry in the morning - 2-3 euro's

Sandwich and drink at lunch - 3-5 euro's

Dinner, most often a Pilgrim meal - 8-12 euro's

So my average day would be 13-20 euro's

I do carry snacks Almonds and some type of fruit (plums, oranges, banana's, strawberries) which I purchase periodically.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Thanks
Jen
Hi Jen, the cost per day for me was about €30,00 till €35,00 . That's for everything .
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'll tend to a Menu del Dia rather than the Menu Peregrino. Usually paying a couple of €'s more but receiving far better food. None-the-less €25-30 a day keeps me fed and well watered

If you can, budget a few multi-course traditional Spanish dinners in a good restaurant, pimientos de padron, pulpo, cabrito, etc. Some people try to eak out the longest trip their budget allows by just getting grocery store food. They miss out on a rich piece of culture in the process. If needed, shorten the trip but sample the cuisine.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.