A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Avoiding drop off area before Laredo

Camino Badges

Long Hiker

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Del Norte
Need advise on avoiding the drop off area before getting to Laredo from Liendo.

Also, how bad is the climb out of Playa de Berria? Is it dangerous or scary?

grayland

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes
I don't recall any area that is dangerous or scary.....as long as the normal path is taken. I supose it is possible to go off trail and get near a cliff somewhere..but certainly not something most people do. The Norte is a very safe and normal route that is pretty much just a long walk.

I am not sure what the "drop off" is near Laredo. It may be that you have been reading some blogs/guides that over dramatize portions of the route. At least, this is my recollection.

Camino(s) past & future
CF, Burgos-SdC (May-June 2016); CF, SJPDP-SdC (April-June 2018); Norte (June-July 2019)
We’re on the Norte now but I’m scratching my head over “drop off area.” Can you provide more info? Can’t find anything on my photos...

We chickened out on the beach walk from Berria to Noja but had a nice walk along the road.

grayland

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes
We’re on the Norte now but I’m scratching my head over “drop off area.” Can you provide more info? Can’t find anything on my photos...

We chickened out on the beach walk from Berria to Noja but had a nice walk along the road.
The beach route (over the sand dune) was interesting when we walked there....an unexpected full nudist beach..pretty crowded...we did look a bit strange in our camino clothes and packs walking through the sun bathers. :cool::cool:

One of the odder times we have experience on our many camino walks.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 3.9%
  • April

Votes: 158 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%