A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Awesome Place by the River between Zubiri and Pamplona!!

Camino(s) past & future
Fall (2018)
We thoroughly enjoyed taking some time for music and replenishing ourselves at a neat spot by the river. The food is good - there are even vegetables in the dishes, which we found very lacking during our Camino. The setting is peaceful yet energetic with Pilgrims sitting around relaxing, sharing food and drinks. One pilgrim even joined in a song with the musician singing the day we were there. Reflecting on that time makes me smile and long to be back on the Camino. Bien Camino all........

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2, El Norte incompleto
We thoroughly enjoyed taking some time for music and replenishing ourselves at a neat spot by the river. The food is good - there are even vegetables in the dishes, which we found very lacking during our Camino. The setting is peaceful yet energetic with Pilgrims sitting around relaxing, sharing food and drinks. One pilgrim even joined in a song with the musician singing the day we were there. Reflecting on that time makes me smile and long to be back on the Camino. Bien Camino all........
Want to share the name of this magical place?

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
The riverside path from Zubiri to Pamplona is quite a stretch. Have you any more details or a photo re the exact location of this pleasant spot?

Kat Kostrzewska

Online guide https://caminodesantiagobybike.co.uk
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2018), Via Tolosana (2012) Camino Norte (2014)
Don’t know about walkers as I walked the Camino 12 years ago, but we cyclists have our amazing ten-kilometers-long cycling lane to Pamplona by the river Arga. The river to your left, park to your right, a lot of picnic opportunities. Oh, I forgot to mention a small waterfall. Love it!

Camino(s) past & future
Roncesvalles-SdC Apr-Jun 2015
Roncesvalles-Sarria Sep-Oct 2017
(2019: Planning to return!)
Yes, the description of a place on the river sounds more like La Parada de Zuriáin - it's right by a bridge you have to cross. Lovely place, we stopped there for breakfast on our first Camino and then stayed the next time. They have a room with bunks and a few private rooms. Delightful people and great food - the description of vegetables included definitely matches our experience! They cooked a special dish just for my vegetarian mother. Lovely atmosphere and great kindness, in a beautiful setting. There is a funny metal sculpture of a pilgrim (I think!) just outside, if that helps to jog memories. It's about 1-2km before Irotz.

Jodean

Camino(s) past & future
22 Sept. to 21 Oct. 2015, Pamplona to Santiago
6-23.04 Porto to Santiago 2018
17.09-30.09 CF 2018
Loved the chickens running around begging for treats.
They have a live cam at the bar where you can take a selfie.
Cool place.

TaraWalks

Peregrina without a skateboard
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2016 & 2018, planning for Le Puy 2019/2020ish and for some shorter Caminos stacked
I loved this place! My sister and I stopped there in 2016 and met a young man walking back to St Jean from Pamplona. He gave us his hiking poles. Great memories!

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
"Back in the day" it was listed as the only refugio in Pamplona!! From it the recommended path circumvented Pamplona to the east and south. There has been a lot of change since 1986...

NamaMama

Camino(s) past & future
CF (2018)
This was the first place where there was any thing to eat or drink after leaving Zubiri. (Early May). A long way to go on an empty stomach. Do not make this mistake! My iPad indicates the location is Zuriain. The same place as noted above.
There were many a grateful Pilgrim stopping here for rest and replenishment.
0A3CB52A-4B0E-451A-AA41-01D57A611B9F.jpeg

Meggins

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances - One complete St.J.P.P to Santiago plus twice more for 500km each time.
When my friend and I first walked the Camino, we had planned breakfast at Larrasoana but.....nothing open then & I think the Albergue was closed due to dealing with bedbugs.
No brekkie till outskirts of Pamplona it being Sunday and we had to run to the little store that was just closing for siesta.
Lesson learned!! From then on (and on subsequent trips) I always carry my emergency supplies of chocolate bar, bag of Babybel cheeses and an orange!

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP to Najera Sept. 2017; Najera to Leon (Sept. 2018)
I stopped there in 2017 for a bowl of absolutely delicious soup. I was alone but sat with a group of friendly pilgrims. Lovely place!

Jacobus

Pilgrim since 2008
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2008 09 14
Del Norte 2011. Portuguese 2015, 2017Ingles 2015 Fisterre 2015.
Darn it! I've tried to remember and am upset with myself for not writing it in my journal. I promise, it will stand out and you will walk upon it as you walk to Pamplona. Enjoy!! Bien Camino.....
Is it at a bridge over the river? A bldg associated with your memory?

Camino(s) past & future
First time pilgrim and walking solo. Leaving SJDP around April 5, 2018.
That's a great stopping place. I was attacked by this vicious kitten while trying to drink my coffee there. He was relentless in his demands to be pet and snuggled. I thought it was really cute at the time, but that was before I met all of the other truly nasty, pushy feral cats on the Camino... Cats cats, everywhere. Even had one try to fight me for my pulpo in Samos.

Buen Camino!

1540055125851.png

Camino(s) past & future
CF11, CF12, CP13, CF14, CA15, S.Anton15, CF15, CI15
Ditch Pig16, CF17, CP17, CdN, CM, CF18, LePuy19
Very nice and freindly people there. They put up with a lot of newbies with grace and charm. It is amazing how few pilgrims pick up after themselves and expect the owners to bus the trash left on the tables.

Tony Bobcat

Camino(s) past & future
May 2017
Very nice and freindly people there. They put up with a lot of newbies with grace and charm. It is amazing how few pilgrims pick up after themselves and expect the owners to bus the trash left on the tables.
Great spot to stop, last year we stopped had a coffee
,orange juice and a potato tortilla. Great memories

J Willhaus

Camino(s) past & future
24 May 2016- 14 July CF
Hospitalero, Zamora Dec 15-31, 2017
Phil and I stayed here in 2016. Watched the local fly fishermen come in for a shot of whiskey before going out at first light followed by a flood of peregrinos for breakfast. Rooms ok. Not the cleanest, but we were two of only three pilgrim's since this is off the stages. Loved sitting out in the evening watching pilgrims and fishermen alike. Phil fly fishes here so was reminded of home.

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%