• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Azofraaaa!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
We called it a Pilgrims' Resort. I had gorgeous weather that day so I bought a bottle of rosé and spent the day chatting with friends in the shade, surrounded but hanging laundry. Enjoy!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
LOVE that albergue....so much!!!

I just have to throw a spanner in the works here. Anyone who is doing the camino in the winter don't get excited. When I was in Azofra in March 2010 the main albergue was shut and we had a bug ridden barracks to sleep in, by bugs, in this case ,I am referring to beetles etc.!
I may have been unlucky but I imagine it usually closes over winter. I thought the blurb I read about the place was too good to be true and for us it was :cry:
Sue

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I left Logroño 14/09/2011 6:00 heading to Najera.
I arrived at Najera around 16:00
There were a lot of people. There was a long queue. It was very hot, I saw through the door many beds, less place to put things and few shower facilities.
I said: no more, so I took my stuff a headed for Azofra in full heat (30 C)
I survived on some Rioja grapes, I had just enough water to wash them.
After 1h30 I arrived in Azofra and had the fifth last bed.
PARADISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I met again the "French Connection" (Charles, Alain, Gerard,...)
Alain sang for me "Je ne regrette rien" (Edith Piaf). It s on video.
I m trying now to catch up again the French Connection but they must be far ahead.....

sulu said:
I just have to throw a spanner in the works here. Anyone who is doing the camino in the winter don't get excited. When I was in Azofra in March 2010 the main albergue was shut and we had a bug ridden barracks to sleep in, by bugs, in this case ,I am referring to beetles etc.!
I may have been unlucky but I imagine it usually closes over winter. I thought the blurb I read about the place was too good to be true and for us it was :cry:
Sue

Bummer! I was there in late April 2010 and it was open and it was glorious!

Well, sorry, but I have a different opinion.
We found bedbugs in Fall of 2009 when we were there.
Had to try several rooms until I found a bug-free bed.

I much preferred the parochial in Azofra where I stayed in 2006 -- but alas, it was closed.

The people were lovely, however.
And the village itself is wonderful!

I did a blog on the festival we attended (with photos)
You can read it at this link:
http://caminosantiago2.blogspot.com/2011/08/grape-harvest-festival-in-azofra-spain.html

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back