• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Azulejos/tiles in Portugal

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
This article by Sue Reddel and Diana Laskaris details a brief history of azulejos/tiles and where to see some in Porto, Lisbon, Aveiro, Carcavelos, Madeira, Sintra, and Cascais. Most illustrations are, of course, in blue and white.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
This article by Sue Reddel and Diana Laskaris details a brief history of azulejos/tiles and where to see some in Porto, Lisbon, Aveiro, Carcavelos, Madeira, Sintra, and Cascais. Most illustrations are, of course, in blue and white.
My small group of four arrives in Porto on May 2 and will stay for a few days before beginning our walk. I look forward to seeing the beautiful buildings with the azulejos tiles there and along the way.

Scrag,

Hello to you. You and your group must be very excited as May will soon be here.

Throughout western Europe May 1 is the holiday Labour Day. Since May 1, 2022, falls on a Sunday, May 2 will also be a holiday.

In Portugal it is Dia do Trabalho,
in Spain this holiday is called Dia del Trabajo, and here in France it is la Fête du Travail.

Many people will be traveling just before and following this date. Reservations will be a must wherever/however you travel.

Enjoy those tiles and Bom caminho.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Scrag,

Hello to you. You and your group must be very excited as May will soon be here.

Throughout western Europe May 1 is the holiday Labour Day. Since May 1, 2022, falls on a Sunday, May 2 will also be a holiday.

In Portugal it is Dia do Trabalho,
in Spain this holiday is called Dia del Trabajo, and here in France it is la Fête du Travail.

Many people will be traveling just before and following this date. Reservations will be a must wherever/however you travel.

Enjoy those tiles and Bom caminho.
Thanks for the information! We have already reserved an apartment in Porto for our first few days and the Fishtail in Matosinhos for our first night out. We thought that a short first day would be a good start. This trip was planned for Sep 2020 but...

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I’m watching weather everyday! It’s my first Camino, from Tui to Santiago.( April 26-May 2) I’m using AccuWeather to see future forecasts, and everyday it changes! My question: When the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.