• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

B.B.B.Booked! CaminoDeb is going to Spain (again)

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
I can't deny my love for Camino de Santiago.

My flight is booked, and I'll just be walking for three weeks, but it is what I can do, and will do!

Sigh...it's going to be a rainy March. I had better get to thinking about that!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Lucky lucky you. Are you heading back to the Francés? And don't pay much attention to those long range weather forecasts. But even if it's raining and dreary, remember what Kelly (a now disappeared forum member wolverineDG) used to say -- A bad day on the Camino is better than a good day in the office. :) Buen camino, Deb. Abrazos from Laurie
Debating.

My good buddy @C clearly starts from Salamanca on the 5th; I'm arriving Madrid on the 15th. I may just wander in her footsteps or I may walk from Leon to SdC. I was not in love with O Cebreiro area in the cold days of November, but would be willing to rekindle a relationship in March! It was an intriguing area to me, and I walked alone until I was nearly at O Cebreiro...

Lots to think about, and how fun!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yahoo! I am still uncertain about our starting point along the VdlP. As I lay awake last night I was thinking we should start in Merida and see how far I get in the time allocated. That would get us to Salamanca on about the 20th. But maybe we could bus ahead and meet you there! We'll stay in touch...

Yahoo! I am still uncertain about our starting point along the VdlP. As I lay awake last night I was thinking we should start in Merida and see how far I get in the time allocated. That would get us to Salamanca on about the 20th. But maybe we could bus ahead and meet you there! We'll stay in touch...
It's great to be (mostly) geared up, and now I am just going to play with rain gear and sleeping stuff. I do like to use the 32 L pack and stay minimalist!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@Anniesantiago, It looks like it's prohibitively long for a 3-week trip?

It takes about 17 days.
With a few days ahead of time to adjust to the time change and enjoy Madrid, then a couple of days to see Segovia, then a day or two to get back to Madrid, it's pretty perfect!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Congratulations on booking for your next camino. I doubt if I'll do a second. But for some reason I am taking another Spanish course and insisting on learning those usages which are peculiar to Spain. Funny thing that.

Congratulations on booking for your next camino. I doubt if I'll do a second. But for some reason I am taking another Spanish course and insisting on learning those usages which are peculiar to Spain. Funny thing that.

I have picked up a LOT of sub jobs, and was able to put it together.

While I have decided that I will need to really scrimp for a few months I would rather plan--through these rainy, rainy days in Oregon--then mope : )

While it sounds pretty self-indulgent, I have figured out that I must always have something like this to plan for and look forward to. It's preventative medicine for me! I don't mean to gloss that over, or sound glib. I really mean it.

Something tells me you will be back in Spain....not sure when, but I think you will make it happen.

It sounds addictive, I start my :)first in April and have enjoyed your little movies :) planning is half the fun.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It takes about 17 days.
With a few days ahead of time to adjust to the time change and enjoy Madrid, then a couple of days to see Segovia, then a day or two to get back to Madrid, it's pretty perfect!

It's pretty perfect as long as you don't want to arrive in Santiago :confused:

That's the only catch!

Lucky lucky you. Are you heading back to the Francés? And don't pay much attention to those long range weather forecasts. But even if it's raining and dreary, remember what Kelly (a now disappeared forum member wolverineDG) used to say -- A bad day on the Camino is better than a good day in the office. :) Buen camino, Deb. Abrazos from Laurie
@peregrina2000, I've also heard it said "a bad day on the Camino is good for the soul". Buen Camino, Sister :)

My flight is booked, and I'll just be walking for three weeks, but it is what I can do, and will do!

Deb, will be in Santiago for Easter, after which, I will be walking. Haven't yet decided anything but I'll have 2 weeks off. Hope to see you there. Buen Camino :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Hi Deb, wish you a wonderful journey.
Wish you well, Peter.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Deb, will be in Santiago for Easter, after which, I will be walking. Haven't yet decided anything but I'll have 2 weeks off. Hope to see you there. Buen Camino :)
I will see you at the top of OCebreiro...you will be smiling, and tell me about finding your vape...then, I'll translate a little for you as we work on the mysteries of the church...and then...

I will see you at the top of OCebreiro...you will be smiling, and tell me about finding your vape...then, I'll translate a little for you as we work on the mysteries of the church...and then...
Amen. And we'll watch the stars and say "My God, how great Thou art"

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back