• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bachelor-Thesis about the impact of the covid19-pandemic on pilgrimage

DerThomas

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello everybody,
My name is Thomas. I’m 23 years old and studying Geography at the RWTH University of Aachen, in Germany. In the next couple of weeks I’m going to write my Bachelor thesis. My topic is going to be: The Impact of the Covid19-Pandemic on the pilgrim-tourism in Spain.Besides a couple of datasets I would like to have personally ecperiences. So i decided to think about the following questions. Is it possible, that you answer a couple of my questions about your experinces about the last 1 ½ years while the pandemic?It takes around 15 minutes. If you have any questions, please let me know (Bachelor.Thomas@web.de). I am quite open about how you answer the questions. You can either write under this thread or you write me an email and number the answers according to the questions.

I would be very happy, if you answer my questions.

Greetings from Germany

Thomas

Questionnaire:

1.Which gender do you classify yourself as?

2. How old are you?

3. What is your place of residence?

4.When was your first pilgrimage and where did you go?

5.What ist your motivation for pilgrimage?

6.How often have you made the pilgrimage in your life?

7.Have you ever done a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela? If so, when?

8.Did you make a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela during the coronavirus pandemic? If yes, got to question 8.1! If no, please go directly to question number 9!

8.1Which route did you take?

8.2What experiences have you had on this pilgrimage? How is a pilgrimage with the influence of Covid 19 different from a pilgrimage under normal circumstances?

8.3What complications or difficulties caused by the coronavirus pandemic did you have when entering the country of Spain or with travel between regions?

8.4What other difficulties did the measures to combat the coronavirus pandemic taken by the national or regional government cause you on your pilgrimage?

8.5How did you plan and execute your trip? Were you able to access external help for planning and during the pilgrimage?

9.Did you make a pilgrimage to a place that is not Santiago de Compostela within the coronavirus pandemic? If so, which one and when?

9.1For what reason did you decide not to go on pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela? Because oft the coronavirus pandemic?

9.2What challenges did you face as a result of the coronavirus pandemic?

10.Why did you go on pilgrimage in 2020/2021 and not in another year?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thomas, I have also sent you my response. All the best to you on your thesis.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for the invitation, Thomas. Although emails are not generally accepted on the forum, I will use yours to respond, and wish you great success in your thesis.

Hello everybody,
My name is Thomas. I’m 23 years old and studying Geography at the RWTH University of Aachen, in Germany. In the next couple of weeks I’m going to write my Bachelor thesis. My topic is going to be: The Impact of the Covid19-Pandemic on the pilgrim-tourism in Spain.Besides a couple of datasets I would like to have personally ecperiences. So i decided to think about the following questions. Is it possible, that you answer a couple of my questions about your experinces about the last 1 ½ years while the pandemic?It takes around 15 minutes. If you have any questions, please let me know (Bachelor.Thomas@web.de). I am quite open about how you answer the questions. You can either write under this thread or you write me an email and number the answers according to the questions.

Greetings from Germany

Thomas

Questionnaire:

1.Which gender do you classify yourself as?Male

2. How old are you?70

3. What is your place of residence?Ireland

4.When was your first pilgrimage and where did you go?2006 Pamplona to Viana

5.What ist your motivation for pilgrimage?Travel, pleasure of hiking,escape from busy life,partly spiritual.

6.How often have you made the pilgrimage in your life? 14 times

7.Have you ever done a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela? If so, when?2012,2014,2017.

8.Did you make a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela during the coronavirus pandemic? If yes, got to question 8.1! If no, please go directly to question number 9!

8.2What experiences have you had on this pilgrimage? How is a pilgrimage with the influence of Covid 19 different from a pilgrimage under normal circumstances?

8.3What complications or difficulties caused by the coronavirus pandemic did you have when entering the country of Spain or with travel between regions?

8.4What other difficulties did the measures to combat the coronavirus pandemic taken by the national or regional government cause you on your pilgrimage?

8.5How did you plan and execute your trip? Were you able to access external help for planning and during the pilgrimage?

9.Did you make a pilgrimage to a place that is not Santiago de Compostela within the coronavirus pandemic? If so, which one and when?No

9.1For what reason did you decide not to go on pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela? Because oft the coronavirus pandemic? Yes

9.2What challenges did you face as a result of the coronavirus pandemic?Restricted in travelling,unable to travel to the Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, Thomas, it is good to see your questionnaire.
The only question is "Have you gone for the camion during the pandemic?"

Sent it to you. But not that much help as I haven't walked yet during the pandemic.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello everybody,

Greetings from Germany

Thomas

Questionnaire:

2. How old are you?

9.Did you make a pilgrimage to a place that is not Santiago de Compostela within the coronavirus pandemic? If so, which one and when?

9.1For what reason did you decide not to go on pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela? Because oft the coronavirus pandemic?

Hello everybody,

Greetings from Germany

Thomas

Questionnaire:

2. How old are you?

1. Male
2. 64
3. Cortelazor La Real, Huelva, Spain.
4. 2016 - Camino Frances - Pamplona to Burgos.
5. History, which obsesses me and 2 friendship reasons. Firstly I had a friend who always wanted to walk the Camino but died before he could. Secondly a lifelong friend was doing the whole Camino alone and I felt that he deserved a bit of company for part of the way.
6. 5
7. 2018 and 2019.
8. No.
9. No.
9.1 Yes. Corona virus.
9.2 Movement being illegal and closed albergues.
10. I did not.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back