• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Back - 3 years later!

Elaine M

Time of past OR future Camino
Finisterre Way Aug 2016
Sarria to SdC Sept 2016
Oia to Santiago Jun 2017
Finisterre Way Sept 2019
My first experience of the Camino was walking alone from SdC to Finisterre in August 2016. I loved it so much I came back a month later and walked from Sarria in to SdC - such a different experience and yet so many similarities. Last year I walked with one of my sisters the last 6 days of the Portuguese Camino into SdC and this week we are returning together to do the Finisterre Way together. I’ve told her so much about it as it was my first and very special experience of the Camino - and we are both very excited and keen to start.

I know this time will be different from when I did it on my own a few years ago and I’m going to try very hard not to keep harking back so it is just as much of a unique experience for my sister, and so she doesn’t just feel we keep “revisiting” what I have down before.

I’ve been visiting this fantastic resource over the last few weeks - it is great to read everyone’s posts and hear about their experiences, good and, indeed, bad. All information and insight is useful.

I wish all of you a good Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Buen camino Elaine
Just a thought to make it different this time for you.
If you didn’t continue on to Múxia last time; you can add this on, after reaching Finisterra. (Presuming you are walking to Finisterra first of course).. also if you do that section in 2 stages ., the lovely stop in Lires is a peaceful place . I really enjoyed this walk also.
Annie
In Finisterra you can get a certificate for walking there / I know it’s available in the Albergue.. also in Múxia, you can get a certificate from tourist office and possibly other accommodations; it’s called a ‘Múxiana’

Múxia is a real treat
Annie

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...
Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back