• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Back again ... Logrono to Leon?

Time of past OR future Camino
Apr & Sep 2013, Apr 2014, 2015, Sep 2022, 2023
Hello Forum Friends... we walked our first part of Camino in April.. SJPP to Logrono.. (sooo AMAZING!! )... we are heading back in September to continue, starting from Logrono... we have approximately 10 days to walk again (dam work and school commitments getting in the way of our Camino :roll: )
A couple of questions, please...
1) Getting train from Madrid on day 1 to Logrono in morning so want to start walking straight off if only 10ks or so... where can we get a passport stamp in Logrono early afternoon?
2) Any ideas on a good "target"... we need to factor in getting train back to Madrid. Would Leon be possible? ... we might hop on a bus for a few ks of boring bits (like motorways) or the like ... suggestions??
Thanks so much, your help was invaluable for our first leg.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
yogaflowjo,

For getting your Credential stamped in Logrono perhaps you might contact the Cathedral office . Here is their web page >> http://www.santiagoelreal.org/ and an email message page >> http://www.santiagoelreal.org/contacto.htm. The Santiago El Real cathedral is centrally located and directly on the Camino at Barriocepo 6.

Enjoy the next stage of your continuing adventure!

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

As mentioned by margaret you can try the cathedral. If unsuccessful, go to the ayuntamiento (town hall) or the police station, they will stamp it for you.

You have 10 days to walk. Depending on whether you are walking 25 or 30 kms average per day. On the 20-25 kms average, you should be able to walk to el burgo ranero easily. I would recommend for another 43 kms to walk to leon. Then it is easier for you to take the train or bus to your destination in madrid.

If you skip some route by taking a bus, this will give more time to enjoy leon. It is a beautiful city not to be missed. If you have time, stay overnight at the municipal albergo.

Buen camino. God speed.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
mea culpa, margaret,

you are right. i did stayed in the spring of 2012 at the benedictine monastery santa maria de carbajal convent in leon.

you can also pick up a supplementary credencial if needed.

thanks for the correction.

piogaw said:
...You have 10 days to walk. Depending on whether you are walking 25 or 30 kms average per day. On the 20-25 kms average, you should be able to walk to el burgo ranero easily. I would recommend for another 43 kms to walk to leon. Then it is easier for you to take the train or bus to your destination in madrid...

If so you might catch a train in Sahagun which is about 18km before El Burgo Ranero and has good train connections both to Leon and Madrid in opposite direction.

Ultreia!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'd ask the staff at the railway station in Logrono for a 'sello'. As far as I am aware the stamps in the credencial don't need to have any authority to issue them.

You'll probably want to spend some time in Burgos.

I'd be assessing my time appreciation at Carrion to decide if it were possible to make Sahagun.

Leon is probably too far. But thats based on my walking pace ...

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
yogaflowjo said:
1) Getting train from Madrid on day 1 to Logrono in morning so want to start walking straight off if only 10ks or so... where can we get a passport stamp in Logrono early afternoon?
2) Any ideas on a good "target"... we need to factor in getting train back to Madrid. Would Leon be possible? ... we might hop on a bus for a few ks of boring bits (like motorways) or the like ... suggestions?? .
If you start in Logroño and walk an average of 32 Kms every day you can make it to Leon in 10 days. No rest days. I think that plan is viable. The Logroño-Leon portion is not known for being particularly difficult, actually, a lot of people make up time on this section, including many people taking a bus to skip parts of the Meseta -- as an example the portion Castrojeriz to Mancilla de las Mulas is flatlands and many opt to skip ahead all or some kms on a bus.

I tool the ALSA bus from Barajas Airport T4 Terminal to Logroño; 4 hours ride, very comfortable; about 18 Euros. I went to the Albergue and got my credential stamped. Not a problem at all.

From Logroños is an easy walk to Navarrete. Nice town. Head out if you want to get a decent head-start.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back