• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

BACK,BUT STILL ON CAMINO

• Thread starter Former member 42123
  • Start date
F

Former member 42123

I am back in the UK but my mind and spirit are still on Camino.Where else in the world can one meet so many different wonderful people,from so many different countries and backgrounds,so many different lifestyles,religious or not,who join together to walk,to eat ,to share stories of their lives,their reasons for walking the Camino,their hopes and dreams and sometimes their deepest feelings.The young person from Finland,who had not had an easy life,who was very shy at first,but within the Camino family blossomed,the New Zealander who wept buckets after the emotional pilgrim blessing at Carrion,or the pilgrim carrying a daughter's ashes to scatter,the young pilgrim who had given up a job to come in the hope of sorting out an ambition to become a religious minister working with the elderly,and who had lost a beloved grandfather the week before arrival,the pilgrim who met a member of a Camino family from a few years ago ,both from different countries,the ex marine fighting Parkinson's disease with every step,and the two friends from near Artic climes 'just taking a long walk to meet people'.these were some of the people I met,how many others did you meet.? This is why I am "back but not" and thinking of next year .

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If you don’t mind, I’m going to send your post on to my sister-in-law who was genuinely interested in why I wanted to walk the Camino again, not in a “you’re crazy” vein but with more true interest to understand. Your post sums up the emotional pull of the Camino. There is nothing else like it.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am back in the UK but my mind and spirit are still on Camino.Where else in the world can one meet so many different wonderful people,from so many different countries and backgrounds,so many different lifestyles,religious or not,who join together to walk,to eat ,to share stories of their lives,their reasons for walking the Camino,their hopes and dreams and sometimes their deepest feelings.The young person from Finland,who had not had an easy life,who was very shy at first,but within the Camino family blossomed,the New Zealander who wept buckets after the emotional pilgrim blessing at Carrion,or the pilgrim carrying a daughter's ashes to scatter,the young pilgrim who had given up a job to come in the hope of sorting out an ambition to become a religious minister working with the elderly,and who had lost a beloved grandfather the week before arrival,the pilgrim who met a member of a Camino family from a few years ago ,both from different countries,the ex marine fighting Parkinson's disease with every step,and the two friends from near Artic climes 'just taking a long walk to meet people'.these were some of the people I met,how many others did you meet.? This is why I am "back but not" and thinking of next year .
Hi Tobin,
So am I!! I just back from the c. Ingles and I know now what I missed..people..yes I never thought I admit it but yes..when I walked the Frances it was
Never ending meeting pilgrims and I have my stories to tell.
I know how you feel, it is because we change..
Every step.. every pilgrim we meet and talk to..
And the more surprising is that we actually love the way we are changed by it..
Therefore, Buen camino

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
And now you're ready to come as a volunteers at the pilgrim's office at SJPP

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Obviously, you are able to listened with your heart. Bring Your camino heart to others where you are during this “resting” stage of your journey. Hopefully we are always on a Buen Camino! And as NYwalking stated continue to journey with us!

Yep that’s the Camino...I walked the French Way this April and had an amazing time, met amazing, lovely people, some doing their 5thCamino, some doing their 6th.... so yes it’s contagious, I’m planning another next spring, either the Primitivo or the Portugues.
Back in England I now walk everywhere knowing that I’m holding onto a fire burning inside me that brings a smile to my face and a lift in my spirit that makes me rise above the chimney pots .
Best wishes on your future adventures.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back