• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Back from another stretch of the Camino Frances

clearskiescamino

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Too many to mention...
Hi Folks

I haven't posted here in a while mainly as I have walked 2 weeks from Belorado to Molinaseca. I started out on May 6th and arrived back in Dublin on May 19th. I couldn't have asked for a better time to go. I left Dublin in the middle of a heatwave and arrived in northern Spain at the start of theirs. I watched numerous news reports of temperatures being in the high 30s..which was slightly uncomfortable for my pale Irish skin :)
I stayed in Casa Waslala in Belorado for my first night and boy! I can't recommend it higher. The couple that own it know how to treat you and I left the next morning wishing I stayed for another day.
I met people from all over the globe...I didn't see any forum members however..maybe that was due to my early starts leaving in the morning :)
I have walked this stretch before in 2012 and 2013 and know it well. But I made a decision to stay in some towns that I hadn't stayed in before...mix things up..for example, Ledigos, Reliegos, Sahagun, Villavante, Villalcazar de Sirga.
But I wasn't going to forget Eduardo's En El Camino in Boadilla. The guy is simply a legend. Or I couldn't bypass Astorga's albergue at the top of the climb.
Overall a great trip. I wouldn't mind staying on a few more days but I didn't have the time.
Here's to my next Camino :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Folks

I haven't posted here in a while mainly as I have walked 2 weeks from Belorado to Molinaseca. I started out on May 6th and arrived back in Dublin on May 19th. I couldn't have asked for a better time to go. I left Dublin in the middle of a heatwave and arrived in northern Spain at the start of theirs. I watched numerous news reports of temperatures being in the high 30s..which was slightly uncomfortable for my pale Irish skin :)
I stayed in Casa Waslala in Belorado for my first night and boy! I can't recommend it higher. The couple that own it know how to treat you and I left the next morning wishing I stayed for another day.
I met people from all over the globe...I didn't see any forum members however..maybe that was due to my early starts leaving in the morning :)
I have walked this stretch before in 2012 and 2013 and know it well. But I made a decision to stay in some towns that I hadn't stayed in before...mix things up..for example, Ledigos, Reliegos, Sahagun, Villavante, Villalcazar de Sirga.
But I wasn't going to forget Eduardo's En El Camino in Boadilla. The guy is simply a legend. Or I couldn't bypass Astorga's albergue at the top of the climb.
Overall a great trip. I wouldn't mind staying on a few more days but I didn't have the time.
sounds like a blessed and marvelous time!
buen camino ! and best of wishes to Eire for a fine re-entry and continuation of the camino...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
sounds like a blessed and marvelous time!
buen camino ! and best of wishes to Eire for a fine re-entry and continuation of the camino...

Ha! The Irish are well represented on the Camino. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing though ;)

Ha! The Irish are well represented on the Camino. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing though ;)
I think every nation's travellers present a spectrum, but I think we are often very sensitive when we see the worst of our own, and don't acknowledge that there are others that are far better. We should accept that there will be both the good and the bad, and not let our sensitivity to the bad blind us the the far many more that represent our respective countries well.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Folks

Good for you. Now you can be thinking about your next journey, wish you well and for the next journey a Buen Camino, Peter.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back