• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Back from biking the Camino Frances

klarita

We have just returned from 3 weeks in Spain. I can't believe I'm home. I still have to recouperate from the whole experience.

Moved to Biking the Camino but original post left as shadow. WM

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
OK

OK. I've recouperated, and as mentioned in a different post, I am now suffering from the post-Camino blues. I feel like doing nothing. I don't even feel like rewriting the journal I kept on our travels, although it is certainly worthwhile to do so and I will get it done by the end of this week. Then I have to figure out a way to put some photos and journal excerpts on the Internet.
It was a fantastic experience. There were many moments when I questionned my sanity and reason (Why am I doing this to myself?), particularly when pushing my bike with baggage up some of the many, many impracticable hills on the Camino (Alto de Perdon, among others). At the top, I usually got my answer. But not at the top of Cruz de Ferro, where it was raining cats and dogs, the temperature was below 10 degrees C and there was a roaring wind and mist so we could hardly see. We were soaked, freezing, couldn't feel our hands, and had no option but to ride down the road at top speed, keeping our legs moving and alternately pumping and waving one arm or the other to keep the blood circulating, until we finally got down from the mist and clouds. I think that was the day I hit bottom. Can't say the rain in Galicia made the remaining week of the journey particularly pleasant, but the scenery made up for it.
Now we're back. We brought the rain with us. Prague had 4 weeks of tropical weather, and the Monday night we came back, the first storm and rain came, and have remained all week. :lol:

Photos

I am finally working on posting the photos on the Internet. I'm not sure how to make them publicly accessible yet, but when I do I will provide a link, if anybody is interested.
The captions are in Czech, but the names are generally indicated, and those who've been there will know where it is :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks Klarita.... beautiful photos. You sure saw some green countryside, which I guess explains why you also had to have the rain!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back