• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Back home again

Jane Erasmus

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances ('14)
Portuguese ('17)
Ingles ('17)
Muxia/Finisterre ( 14 & '17 & '18)
Del Norte ('18)
Thank you every one for your input and advice and support. I got home to South Africa on Tuesday after my 6 weeks Pilgrimage.
I took my walk slow, walked my own walk and loved ever step I took. I got fitter as I went and in fact then had time over to walk to Muxia and Finisterre as well.
I met and walked with fantastic people, shared meals, stories, time and life in general - what an amazing experience. Now the next step in my Camino is getting back into the swing of life here at home. To be aware of how to share my stories / photos but not bore people to tears... how to decide what to wear each day...(too many choices) and to actually pack away my back pack and sleeping bag...I have put off doing this, it feels like once that is done my Camino will really be over. :-(
But, I know the lessons learned will stay with me forever :) :) and that the photos that I took will 'take me back' when ever I look at them.
The experience of the Camino has added to the fabric of who I am and will impact on how I perform my occupations in the future. :)

So, to everyone planning / embarking on their Camino, may it be all you hope it to be and Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome back Jane and congratulations.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Congratulations and welcome to the "new" you. I don't know how anyone could come home after the Camino and be the same person they were before. The experience will affect decisions you make and your way of approaching life from here on out. As for putting away your backpack and sleeping bag.....leave them out as reminders until you've hung some Camino photos on the wall.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Congratulations and welcome to the "new" you. I don't know how anyone could come home after the Camino and be the same person they were before. The experience will affect decisions you make and your way of approaching life from here on out. As for putting away your backpack and sleeping bag.....leave them out as reminders until you've hung some Camino photos on the wall.
Thanks David...though I don't know how I will choose from the 1000 + photos (literally!!) :)

That will definitely be a challenge Jane, but one I'm sure you're willing to take on. Just don't be surprised at how long you will dwell on some of them. (And the deepness of the feelings they evoke)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you every one for your input and advice and support. I got home to South Africa on Tuesday after my 6 weeks Pilgrimage.
I took my walk slow, walked my own walk and loved ever step I took. I got fitter as I went and in fact then had time over to walk to Muxia and Finisterre as well.
I met and walked with fantastic people, shared meals, stories, time and life in general - what an amazing experience. Now the next step in my Camino is getting back into the swing of life here at home. To be aware of how to share my stories / photos but not bore people to tears... how to decide what to wear each day...(too many choices) and to actually pack away my back pack and sleeping bag...I have put off doing this, it feels like once that is done my Camino will really be over. :-(
But, I know the lessons learned will stay with me forever :) :) and that the photos that I took will 'take me back' when ever I look at them.
The experience of the Camino has added to the fabric of who I am and will impact on how I perform my occupations in the future. :)

So, to everyone planning / embarking on their Camino, may it be all you hope it to be and Buen Camino
Halo Jane,welkom terug in sonnige Suid Afrika - is bly jy het die Camino geniet - ons het in 2012 gestap.Waar woon jy? - ons woon in Kei Mouth,naby Oos London - stuur my n email wanneer jy terug is by: kogga@webmail.co.za
Mooi bly - Johann Pretorius

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back