A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Back into Porto

andywild

Camino(s) past & future
april '2018'
So, after leaving 21days ago and walking to Santiago and Finisterra I find myself sat on the steps of Porto cathedral. There's a few pilgrim types wandering around looking nervous and excited and the trumpet playing chap is still here from when I left three weeks ago.. I've got two days to look around before I head home and no idea what to do with the time.. so, the question is .. is there a burger king near here?

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
So, after leaving 21days ago and walking to Santiago and Finisterra I find myself sat on the steps of Porto cathedral. There's a few pilgrim types wandering around looking nervous and excited and the trumpet playing chap is still here from when I left three weeks ago.. I've got two days to look around before I head home and no idea what to do with the time.. so, the question is .. is there a burger king near here?
Burger King , are you serious. :rolleyes:

Camino(s) past & future
Some but not all, and other routes too.
Wash your mouth with soapo_O

Camino(s) past & future
Samos-Santiago (2015)
Samos-Santiago (May 2016
Porto-Santiago (May 2017)
Kumano Kodo (March 2018)
Tascö at Rua do Almada no. 151 is one of my favorite restaurants. Go with friends and share everything. If you don't know anyone to share with, go with strangers. You'll be friends by dessert!

Camino(s) past & future
Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia 2013
Camino Frances May 2015
Camino Frances July 2017
Wandering around doing tours of the port houses is a nice way to get tipsy, though despite them all telling you essentially the same thing, a terrible way to learn about port production given the aforementioned tipsiness. I didn't do it but I'm told a boat trip down the Duoro is supposed to be good too. And indeed just generally wandering around Porto (it's not a huge place, at least not the interesting bits) is a good way to spend time as far as I'm concerned, I just really liked the feel of the place, it has a faded glory to it that really appeals to me. For eating I really liked the Vicios de Mesa set on top of a beautiful art deco car park which also has changing art installations, then for seafood head to the Matosinhos district discussed in this thread.

Avoid the Livraria Lello at all costs! Charming as it is, it has become a special kind of tourist hell. Same could be said for the Mercado do Bolhao which was just a dump.

Enjoy,

Rob.

Camino(s) past & future
Samos-Santiago (2015)
Samos-Santiago (May 2016
Porto-Santiago (May 2017)
Kumano Kodo (March 2018)
And if there’s,s not enough fat and calories at Burger King to satisfy you, there‘s always the Francesinha sandwich!

Camino(s) past & future
August to September 2016
Hahahaha andywild! You are a hoot. I could ship a BK burger to you if necessary..

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.4%