• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Backpack taxi, Accomodation and Weather...

Daran

Time of past OR future Camino
Travelling in Oct 2018
I am travelling with friends and we are not planning to book accommodation, preferring to see how we feel each day...large hostel room or possibly a guesthouse? Any advise?

We also want to send our backpacks ahead each day (for various reasons). Can we do this if we don't have a reservation but know what town we are heading to?

And finally, has anyone got any ideas of what the weather might be like?

Thank you in anticipation and I totally agree that people should do the Camino their way...I can't wait to get started!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Jacotrans are a great service, I wasnt staying anywhere is Estella the last day as we were getting a bus from there when we finished so we sent them to one of the albergues and picked up from there. We booked online before we left but its cheaper to do it when you are there its only €5 we paid €7 online and you can do it at most if not all accomodations: note that the bags must be down for collection each day before 8am. The joy when you see your bag at the end of the day is a lovely feeling... Where do you start from ??

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yes, you need a fixed place to send it to in a town...in some towns folks send them to an albergue/bar if it is on the list! See the specific service. Correos.es is the least expensive.

Services usually starts in mid March or April and end the end of Oct. Correos has service from OCebriero to SdC all year long.

Not sure if you know the town you are going to why you would not make reservations the night before? If you use booking.com you can get a good idea of the accommodations available?

Thanks for that from a rainy cold Ireland :(:( Actually Pamplona is a fab city but it was the only part of the Camino I didnt enjoy

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Jacotrans are a great service, I wasnt staying anywhere is Estella the last day as we were getting a bus from there when we finished so we sent them to one of the albergues and picked up from there. We booked online before we left but its cheaper to do it when you are there its only €5 we paid €7 online and you can do it at most if not all accomodations: note that the bags must be down for collection each day before 8am. The joy when you see your bag at the end of the day is a lovely feeling... Where do you start from ??
Thank you. We are going from Sarria.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.