• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Backpack transfer in the northern route now?

seaseeker

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del norte
Hi everyone
I was having my backpack transferred by the Correos until today, when they cease their transfers and because an employee told me not to worry because my backpack would be transferred until Santiago because I hired the service in September I thought it would be all sorted.
But it turns out that employee was talking crock@$.
I have already contacted Jacotrans, Pilbeo, Camino facil, Toni transportes and I am kinda at loss here, does anyone know of a company doing backpack transfer on the northern route?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everyone
I was having my backpack transferred by the Correos until today, when they cease their transfers and because an employee told me not to worry because my backpack would be transferred until Santiago because I hired the service in September I thought it would be all sorted.
I have already contacted Jacotrans, Pilbeo, Camino facil, Toni transportes and I am kinda at loss here, does anyone know of a company doing backpack transfer on the northern route?
Hi
I’m also looking for-backpack transfer from November 11-18 on the Camino del Norte. I have emailed all the above companies but transfers seem to end on October 31st. Would be grateful for any help here.

Hi
I’m also looking for-backpack transfer from November 11-18 on the Camino del Norte. I have emailed all the above companies but transfers seem to end on October 31st. Would be grateful for any help here.
I can’t offer any help, unfortunately, and it is getting quite expensive due to the reduced numbers of pilgrims at this time of year. I just was on the Del Norte with some pilgrims who were quoted a 32 Euro price for the Baamonde to Sobrado section, because at 40k, it was considered a double section.
Good luck

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi everyone
Pilbeo is excellent. Very reliable and reasonable.

Pilbeo is excellent. Very reliable and reasonable.
They don't show the Norte as one of the routes that they cover on their website.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
They don't show the Norte as one of the routes that they cover on their website.

Oh that's too bad. When I did the Norte I had no trouble getting a transport service but can't remember off hand who it was. Sorry. I thought it was Jacotrans.

Oh that's too bad. When I did the Norte I had no trouble getting a transport service but can't remember off hand who it was. Sorry. I thought it was Jacotrans.
The problem that @seaseeker is having is that the companies that provide pack transfer on the Norte stop on November 1st.
She mentioned that she had already contacted the major transport companies.
I have already contacted Jacotrans, Pilbeo, Camino facil, Toni transportes and I am kinda at loss here,

The only thing I can suggest is a local taxi, and then another one in the next town and so on. Or a local person who has a car and is happy to make a few $. Perhaps ask your accommodation provider, or just visit the local bar and ask. I have a friend who managed to do that on the Via de la Plata, making arrangements when she arrived in each town.

It is likely to be expensive. You could do a "Jack Reacher". Forward your good stuff by post to Santiago and then buy a new set of cheap clothes every three days and throw out the dirty ones.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The problem that @seaseeker is having is that the companies that provide pack transfer on the Norte stop on November 1st.
She mentioned that she had already contacted the major transport companies.
Tnat's a real bummer. I know there is transport on the Norte because I used it. I looked through my journal that shows I started to ship my bag but it doesn't say with whom. so sorry. Keep Googling.

BTW I did the San Salvador in September and just contacted private taxis and they would do it for me. It's a little more expensive but well worth it.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just got back from the Camino Norte and I did not notice any of those envelopes in any of the alburgues until I got closer to Santiago. (If there is bag transfer available at the alburgues, transfer companies will have envelopes where you would fill out your info on them, deposit money in the envelope, and attach it to your bag). I did not use any baggage transfer so I did not notice them, maybe the hospitalero kept them behind the counter, etc. Talking to your hospitalero is your best bet. They usually know "some guy".

Good luck

Buen Camino

Mark

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.