Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Backpack transport after 31st Oct

Lofty1

Camino(s) past & future
Oct 6th (2019)
Does anyone know of a company that will transport my backback on the Camino Frances after 31st Oct.?

CdnDreamer

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (12, 15 & 18) San Salvador (18), Portuguese (19)
Jacotrans may work all year. They have a website. I believe you can book the whole route or just book them day by day as you need them.

Darby67

Enólogo caminando
Camino(s) past & future
2018 CF Jan-Feb
2019 CF Jan-Mar
Last winter Navarra and La Rioja I was able to get my wife's pack transported. Up until about Puente la Reina there were a couple of young guys that lived in Valcarlos that did it (recommended by the folks in Roncesvalles), then Jacotrans until Belorado. 5-10 Euros per day.

Once getting to Belorado, thankfully my wife was able to walk with her winter pack as prices quickly rose to taxi rates, 35-40 Euros per day. Being interested after that I would ask the hospiteleros and it was pretty mixed/non-existent the rest of the way.

Lofty1

Camino(s) past & future
Oct 6th (2019)
Awesome Thankyou. Jacotrans carry past Oct 31st. .. 😀Im currently in Leon and have been unwell with a virus. I can still walk but it will be very helpful to not have the extra weight. Mucho gracias 🙏

CdnDreamer

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (12, 15 & 18) San Salvador (18), Portuguese (19)
I'm glad they are available to help you. You are getting close to the amazing bridge at Hospital de Orbigo. That's one of my favourite things to see on the Frances. Hope you feel better soon. Buen camino!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2019)
Does anyone know of a company that will transport my backback on the Camino Frances after 31st Oct.?
We are walking in November. We ended up emailing Caminofacil. They finish their normal system on October 31st, but said if I sent our itinerary they would see what they can do. They have organised taxis for our luggage and have just sent me the luggage labels. It is a bit more expensive than their normal system, but not too terrible. Good luck and Buen Camino.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock