• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Backpack transport after 31st Oct

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Jacotrans may work all year. They have a website. I believe you can book the whole route or just book them day by day as you need them.

Last winter Navarra and La Rioja I was able to get my wife's pack transported. Up until about Puente la Reina there were a couple of young guys that lived in Valcarlos that did it (recommended by the folks in Roncesvalles), then Jacotrans until Belorado. 5-10 Euros per day.

Once getting to Belorado, thankfully my wife was able to walk with her winter pack as prices quickly rose to taxi rates, 35-40 Euros per day. Being interested after that I would ask the hospiteleros and it was pretty mixed/non-existent the rest of the way.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Awesome Thankyou. Jacotrans carry past Oct 31st. .. 😀Im currently in Leon and have been unwell with a virus. I can still walk but it will be very helpful to not have the extra weight. Mucho gracias 🙏

I'm glad they are available to help you. You are getting close to the amazing bridge at Hospital de Orbigo. That's one of my favourite things to see on the Frances. Hope you feel better soon. Buen camino!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Does anyone know of a company that will transport my backback on the Camino Frances after 31st Oct.?
We are walking in November. We ended up emailing Caminofacil. They finish their normal system on October 31st, but said if I sent our itinerary they would see what they can do. They have organised taxis for our luggage and have just sent me the luggage labels. It is a bit more expensive than their normal system, but not too terrible. Good luck and Buen Camino.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back