Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Backpack transport services

Rajy62

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2013, Norte/primitivo 2014, vdlp (2015)
My back is not in its best shape. I have used pack transport services on the Francis and Norte. Are there such services on Via De la Plata?merrel

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Stripey Socks

Past OR future Camino
My back is not in its best shape. I have used pack transport services on the Francis and Norte. Are there such services on Via De la Plata?merrel
Again - these sorts of services are very limited. I remember seeing posters/promotion for transport services at a couple of albergues (I think when we hit Galicia) but that was it for the entire walk.

Stripey Socks

Past OR future Camino
Again - these sorts of services are very limited. I remember seeing posters/promotion for transport services at a couple of albergues (I think when we hit Galicia) but that was it for the entire walk.
Sorry to be so doom and gloom but the VDLP is a more remote and isolated experience. Well worth doing but the infrastructure is not as well-developed as the Frances for example.

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
As I said in the other thread you started, consider going ultralight and carrying your own backpack. Buen Camino! SY

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Depending on when you go, you can get rid of a lot of weight by not taking things like jackets and heavy sleeping bags. However, there are not fountains every few kilometers like on the Camino Frances, so most of the weight will be water, which you should NOT go without at least 2 liters (unlike the one 8 oz bottle I carry on the Frances). This is a different type of walk altogether from the Frances. I've walked two stretches of it, and haven't yet seen anything about bag transport.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads