• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Backpack transport services

Rajy62

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013, Norte/primitivo 2014, vdlp (2015)
My back is not in its best shape. I have used pack transport services on the Francis and Norte. Are there such services on Via De la Plata?merrel

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
My back is not in its best shape. I have used pack transport services on the Francis and Norte. Are there such services on Via De la Plata?merrel
Again - these sorts of services are very limited. I remember seeing posters/promotion for transport services at a couple of albergues (I think when we hit Galicia) but that was it for the entire walk.

Again - these sorts of services are very limited. I remember seeing posters/promotion for transport services at a couple of albergues (I think when we hit Galicia) but that was it for the entire walk.
Sorry to be so doom and gloom but the VDLP is a more remote and isolated experience. Well worth doing but the infrastructure is not as well-developed as the Frances for example.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
As I said in the other thread you started, consider going ultralight and carrying your own backpack. Buen Camino! SY

Depending on when you go, you can get rid of a lot of weight by not taking things like jackets and heavy sleeping bags. However, there are not fountains every few kilometers like on the Camino Frances, so most of the weight will be water, which you should NOT go without at least 2 liters (unlike the one 8 oz bottle I carry on the Frances). This is a different type of walk altogether from the Frances. I've walked two stretches of it, and haven't yet seen anything about bag transport.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Back