Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Backpack transport

Katia Taam

Time of past OR future Camino
Every year, since 2000. Most times portuguese camino also twice the french camiño. Two time Le Puy .
Hi everyone
I'm walking the Le Puy route this septembre and I'm thinking about walking the primitivo after I arrive at SJPP.
Is there a backpack transport service on the primitivo. I have a shoulder condition and can't carry wheigh...
Thanks
Katia

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Anemone,

Have you used this service? Would you know if it's fixed stages or whether they'll collect from or deliver to all accommodation along the Way? I'll probably just carry my gear when I go this year but it's good to have a back up plan if I need it :)

Hi, irishgurrl,
The service is called PaqMochila. I know some people who used it on the Primitivo last year for a stage or two and they were very happy. They will deliver to anyplace along the way, and their service seems to be quite efficient. If you don't read Spanish, I can translate this for you, but the basics are that you can either pre-arrange the whole thing or call on a daily basis with the next day's destination. They operate this service from April 1 to Oct. 31 (all year on the Francés from O Cebreiro).

http://elcaminoconcorreos.com/es/transporte-mochilas.php

Hi, irishgurrl,
The service is called PaqMochila. I know some people who used it on the Primitivo last year for a stage or two and they were very happy. They will deliver to anyplace along the way, and their service seems to be quite efficient. If you don't read Spanish, I can translate this for you, but the basics are that you can either pre-arrange the whole thing or call on a daily basis with the next day's destination. They operate this service from April 1 to Oct. 31 (all year on the Francés from O Cebreiro).

http://elcaminoconcorreos.com/es/transporte-mochilas.php

Hi peregrina2000,

Oh that's brilliant thanks! The website has a EN icon to click on for the English version of the page but thank you for your kind offer (as my Spanish is pretty limited it has to be said!):

http://elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/transporte-mochilas.php

It looks like a great service and great value at €4 or €5 per stage. I'll definitely consider using it especially if I decide to bring a sleeping bag or lighten my load for the longer tougher sections like the Hospitales stage. It's nice to have the option at any rate! :)

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi everyone
I'm walking the Le Puy route this septembre and I'm thinking about walking the primitivo after I arrive at SJPP.
Is there a backpack transport service on the primitivo. I have a shoulder condition and can't carry wheigh...
Thanks
Katia
Hi- my husband and I walked the Primitivo last September and carry out packs everyday, but between 100 degree weather and fires there were a few days we sent our packs ahead. Since we had not planned to do so we just asked when we arrived in the evening. There are taxi services that pick up packs from albergues and hostals along the way. It will not be a problem. Pat

Hi folks.
If I was to get my large backpacks transported from st jean to sanitago would that b possible as I'm traveling on after my walk and want to carry just a day pack would that b expensive?? When you say €5 per stage what dose that mean

Hi folks.
If I was to get my large backpacks transported from st jean to sanitago would that b possible as I'm traveling on after my walk and want to carry just a day pack would that b expensive?? When you say €5 per stage what dose that mean

Hi Laura,
Click on the link in my post above and it should have the info you need.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
thanks Irishgurrrl for that link. Doing the Salvador and Primitivo this year (Gw) and it's good to know that if before the Hospitales stage or wherever, if health, weather or whatever takes a bad turn there's an option to free up my body a bit!!
Looks like you walked a few miles....

thanks Irishgurrrl for that link. Doing the Salvador and Primitivo this year (Gw) and it's good to know that if before the Hospitales stage or wherever, if health, weather or whatever takes a bad turn there's an option to free up my body a bit!!
Looks like you walked a few miles....

Yep one or two miles alright ;)

No worries, you're very welcome.

I'm planning to do the Primitivo this year too! Starting end of April all going to plan... How about you? :)

Hi folks.
It means 5€ a day. So if you walk the Frances to Santiago from Roncesvalles in 35 days, then you will pay 180 € to have your backpack transported for you.

Much better option is to carry your Camino stuff daily and send the stuff you will need post Camino straight to Santiago to Ivar for a fraction of the cost.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It means 5€ a day. So if you walk the Frances to Santiago from Roncesvalles in 35 days, then you will pay 180 € to have your backpack transported for you.

Much better option is to carry your Camino stuff daily and send the stuff you will need post Camino straight to Santiago to Ivar for a fraction of the cost.

Thank you So would I sort that out when I get to st jean ??

€149,-
Yep one or two miles alright ;)

No worries, you're very welcome.

I'm planning to do the Primitivo this year too! Starting end of April all going to plan... How about you? :)
Yes, hoping to walk Salvador and Primitivo in Sept all being well. Hope you will put some posts on about Primitivo when you go in April? I have had and read some fantastic information on this forum from people who have already done the trips I am hoping to do.

Yes, hoping to walk Salvador and Primitivo in Sept all being well. Hope you will put some posts on about Primitivo when you go in April? I have had and read some fantastic information on this forum from people who have already done the trips I am hoping to do.

Ah cool, September is such a lovely time of year to walk.

Updates wise, I like to stay as disconnected from technology as much as possible while on Camino (apart for having my phone for safety reasons etc.) so it's unlikely that I'll do live updates while I'm there. (I find I'm not able to switch off and relax as much if I'm on the internet or social media.) I'll most likely post a summary of my Camino with tips when I get back :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Ah cool, September is such a lovely time of year to walk.

Updates wise, I like to stay as disconnected from technology as much as possible while on Camino (apart for having my phone for safety reasons etc.) so it's unlikely that I'll do live updates while I'm there. (I find I'm not able to switch off and relax as much if I'm on the internet or social media.) I'll most likely post a summary of my Camino with tips when I get back :)
that's what I was hoping for,thanks

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back