• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Backpack Transport.

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I checked with Caminofacil today and they don't begin transporting bags until March 15.
Does anyone know of a transport company that begins earlier? I will need to begin from Pamplona around March 7.
Thanks,
Annie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I checked with Caminofacil today and they don't begin transporting bags until March 15.
Does anyone know of a transport company that begins earlier? I will need to begin from Pamplona around March 7.
Thanks,
Annie

Annie, did you rule out using Correos for transport?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

No but I have never used them and I didn't quite understand their page. It appeared they didn't do it day by day and I won't have any idea how far I'll walk until the night before. Have you used them?

No but I have never used them and I didn't quite understand their page. It appeared they didn't do it day by day and I won't have any idea how far I'll walk until the night before. Have you used them?

No; all I have experience with is shipping packages, not luggage. I hope that one of the Members who HAVE used the service successfully will add their thoughts.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Isn''t Correos year round?
No; all I have experience with is shipping packages, not luggage. I hope that one of the Members who HAVE used the service successfully will add their thoughts.

Connie hurt her knee, and we used the service for the entire Camino for her backpack last year. It was magnificent. They did not bat a virtual eye when we aborted the Norte at Santander, and caught a train to Fromista. Picked up Connie's pack at the CR in Fromista like nothing happened. They offer a discount for multiple use, an odd but very functional web portal for scheduling pickup locations day by day, and seemingly endless patience in customer service with very fast response times by email. All in english. Highly recommended, except that I think they only do the Sarria leg in the winter. If anybody wants to use them, sign up and dive in. The customer service for getting you driving their web portal was very good, all they ask is that you schedule by 8:00 pm the night before using your account. Easy sneezy.

You can arrange Correos transport day to day.
Here's what their website says:

How does the Paq Mochila work? It's actually very simple!

• There are three very simple ways to book your PAQ MOCHILA with CORREOS: on-line, by e-mail or by phone. The easiest way is using this on-line form. Please fill in all the information that we need to transfer your luggage. We need to know, at least, which Camino you are going to be doing, when, how many stages you want to book and the details of your first accommodation. In this way, you can arrange for, book and pay for the service (by credit card or through Paypal) in one go. If you already know the details of all of your accommodation for your Camino, you may also give us this information and you can arrange your luggage transfer for the whole trip. If you don't have this information, don't worry. You can let us know later as you are walking your Camino. Please beware we will only take bookings up until 21:00 pm of the day prior to the luggage transfer you want to book. Once you complete your booking, we will send you an e-mail with all the details and the password you will need to make any changes to your reservation.
In other words, you can pre-pay, but you don't need to know where you will be staying each night - you let them know where to pick up and drop off day by day. Also according to their website you can contact them via their online form, email, WhatsApp or phone. You can also pay day by day, but they give a discount if you pre-pay for your entire Camino.

Last edited:
Thanks,
Annie
Hi Annie,
We used Correos from Irun to Santiago and then Santiago to Finisterre/Muxia in 2018 April to June. They were excellent. Mainly dealt with them online but occasionally had to talk to them on the phone and was always able to talk to someone in English.
Not sure if they function all year round.
Their website is very easy to use. You just need to make sure you choose to stay in places they deliver and pick up from, all that is quite clear on their website, they serve a very large number of accommodations, Albergue’s/Hostels/Hotels.
We plan to use Correos again this year, when we walk the Camino Frances in May.
Ultreia,
Buen Camino,
Anne & Pat

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Sorry, I missed your dates in your first post. I think that Correos operates year round between Sarria to Santiago, but doesn't start their service for the rest of the routes until Easter.

Have you checked JacoTrans? On their FAQ page it says that they operate year round.

Sorry, I missed your dates in your first post. I think that Correos operates year round between Sarria to Santiago, but doesn't start their service for the rest of the routes until Easter.

Have you checked JacoTrans? On their FAQ page it says that they operate year round.

I emailed them. 😊

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Have never used any service but a friend used Correos. Seemed just the same as anyone else. I have seen them delivering packs so I believe they do operate on a daily basis. Spotted one at the cruz de ferro picking up bags there from passing pilgrims

Have never used any service but a friend used Correos. Seemed just the same as anyone else. I have seen them delivering packs so I believe they do operate on a daily basis. Spotted one at the cruz de ferro picking up bags there from passing pilgrims

In early March?

Annie,
For more on Correos including when where and how see

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Annie,
For more on Correos including when where and how see

Yes I see until Easter it is only available from Sarria to Santiago if I'm reading it correctly.
But Jacotrans has responded and they will carry my pack.
Thanks!

€46,-
Great, Annie! I just looked them up and see they are in operation for your dates. So glad. I used to see the van in Zabaldika when I was there, and the guys - they were guys - were cheerful and businesslike. For your peace of mind, the locations that are accepted have to take them in for you. It just does not mean that you are assured a bed, if it is not a pre-booked private albergue. That is not your situation, I think. Some people think if the albergue accepts the pack, they have a bed. It ain’t necessarliy so... best to read the small print ahead of time.

Great, Annie! I just looked them up and see they are in operation for your dates. So glad. I used to see the van in Zabaldika when I was there, and the guys - they were guys - were cheerful and businesslike. For your peace of mind, the locations that are accepted have to take them in for you. It just does not mean that you are assured a bed, if it is not a pre-booked private albergue. That is not your situation, I think. Some people think if the albergue accepts the pack, they have a bed. It ain’t necessarliy so... best to read the small print ahead of time.

Thanks Kirkie.
Luckily, "This ain't my first parade" . ::😆::
Most of the places are the same ones I've stayed at every years since 2006.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello Everyone! Perhaps you could check with one of the camino touring groups like Caminoways.com and see who they use for transport.

Hi Annie,
We used Correos from Irun to Santiago and then Santiago to Finisterre/Muxia in 2018 April to June. They were excellent. Mainly dealt with them online but occasionally had to talk to them on the phone and was always able to talk to someone in English.
Not sure if they function all year round.
Their website is very easy to use. You just need to make sure you choose to stay in places they deliver and pick up from, all that is quite clear on their website, they serve a very large number of accommodations, Albergue’s/Hostels/Hotels.
We plan to use Correos again this year, when we walk the Camino Frances in May.
Ultreia,
Buen Camino,
Anne & Pat

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
What happens to your luggage if there is no one there to receive it, assuming you are still walking to your next port of call, and no one is manning the desk of your hotel or bed n breakfast or gite or Airbnb , will our luggage be safe in this scenario

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
What happens to your luggage if there is no one there to receive it, assuming you are still walking to your next port of call, and no one is manning the desk of your hotel or bed n breakfast or gite or Airbnb , will our luggage be safe in this scenario
Hi elwfdway,
With Correos, you can only have your luggage transferred to & from their list of accommodation places listed under each village, town or city on their website. But it is a very extensive list. We found them very easy to deal with on the Camino del Norte and will use them again on our second Camino Frances this year!
Buen Camino
Anne & Pat

Thanks,
Annie
Hi Annie,
I have checked Jacotran as they are open all year. I have used them in the past and never had an issue. Check out their website..they have many options for payment..hope to see you as we start around Feb 20...we go slow..this our 3rd time...Buen Camino

€149,-
Jacotrans - brilliant, reliable, inexpensive and all year round.

Hi elwfdway,
With Correos, you can only have your luggage transferred to & from their list of accommodation places listed under each village, town or city on their website. But it is a very extensive list. We found them very easy to deal with on the Camino del Norte and will use them again on our second Camino Frances this year!
Buen Camino
Anne & Pat
Thank you
Also doing Le Puy to Conques , what will the French postal service do, do they have a list as well, or would they just leave at the address even if no one is there , and is there an alternative for this service
George

We used Correos for day to day..they were amazing. I battled with website so sent them a whatsapp. Got instant response. From.then on i gave them notice of next night's accom before 9pm. And they never let me down.
Jacotrans was a different story. Used them to take bicycle transport bags from Burgos to Santiago. They quoted, got paid, collected, and then a day later demanded more money. Would not deliver to albergue in Santiago...i had to collect from their offices. Will never use them again.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back