• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Backpack weight

Xoy

Time of past OR future Camino
Future: Santiago de Compostela (March 2015)
I see all these posts about not carrying to much in your backpack. Keep the weight down. 10% of bodyweight and so on. Today, I tried to fill my backpack up till it felt a bit uncomfortable, when I checked the weight, I was at 27kg in the backpack.
I am not a small person, and when I packed most of the stuff for my the camino frances, I ended up at 18kg.

So, my question is, have anyone felt comfortable with a 18-20kg backpack during the camino?
And, if you felt comfortable at the start, but not in the end, when did it start to feel unconfortable or even painful?

I am looking to get rid of some stuff, but I decided to pack what I felt for first, then see what I don't really need.
At the same time, I dont see myself getting much below 15kg, seeing the latest snow report from Live - Camino Frances sub-forum. I am a viking from Norway, and I can easily handle cold weather, but I don't prefer it :rolleyes:

- Petter

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Petter,

I will walk my first Camino this May/June. My backpack, fully loaded, weighs 9kg. I am not a Viking but I will tell you, I think 9kg is really heavy! I just don't know yet what more I can get rid of...I am still looking.

Suzanne

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@Xoy , Petter, with all due respect, you don't need half that stuff, or all of your items are incredibly heavy.

On my first Camino in Nov-13 I carried an estimated 12-14kg plus 2kg water - I didn't weigh it - I left in a hurry, and I sent about 3kg ahead to Ivar's wonderful temporary storage service - I really struggled with the remaining 9-11kg plus 2kg water. However I was at the time over-weight and struggled to manage my Type2 diabetes.

On my 2nd camino in Dec-14 I was better prepared, more physically fit, less overweight. Because I was testing my limits and attempting some training, I weighed my pack on return and found it was 24kg plus 2kg water. I certainly noticed the weight but at no stage did I curse it or regret it or want to send some it onwards.

My conclusions : if you've not walked the Camino or something similar before and you're not in good condition, absolutely pay attention to people who warn about weight, and do try to keep to 8-10kg. If on the other hand you have done some walking or otherwise know your strength, capabilities & limits, I guess then you're an adult and you make your own decisions.

Biggest comment - feeling comfortable with a 20kg or heavier pack cannot be judged in the sitting room or walking a short distance. Carry it for at least a day and preferably more. Then decide whether it is comfortable.

with all due respect, you don't need half that stuff, or all of your items are incredibly heavy.

I understand the value and intent of this, because I have agreed that I struggled on one camino. But it is far too "categoric" and absolute.

With all due respect, we have to maintain perspective - no-one actually knows or can say this, other than Petter. Maybe he has things that he needs, or if not needs, wants/likes.

The advice in the forum is invaluable, but it should be advice, respecting that none of us know other people's scenarios.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I bring stuff i dont need AT ALL and then i am not even talking about my 4 pairs of underwear, 4 pairs of socks blablabla and i dont end up above 11-12. What on earth are you poacking that is 18kg?

I am fit and dont mind a bit of weight, bu let me tell you, i am pretty sure you will not enjoy it, the 18kg

Last edited:
18 kg? yeah that sounds like you probably have stuff you don't need in that pack
I'm sure you could knock it down to about 10 kg....

When I was in my 30s I would regularly carry 18kg on long backpack trips but that included food, bear canister, tent, stove with fuel, 35mm camera with a couple dozen rolls of film etc. The first 3 days could be tough and after that my body became accustomed to the weight. I was only covering 10 miles per day though. I don't think a reasonably fit person would find it impossible to carry 15% or more of their body weight but it doesn't seem necessary to carry more to me when food and shelter are readily available.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
... that's a big bag (or heavy gear?). I'm hiking basically from May until November and am only taking 12 kg or so.

I see all these posts about not carrying to much in your backpack. Keep the weight down. 10% of bodyweight and so on. Today, I tried to fill my backpack up till it felt a bit uncomfortable, when I checked the weight, I was at 27kg in the backpack.
I am not a small person, and when I packed most of the stuff for my the camino frances, I ended up at 18kg.

So, my question is, have anyone felt comfortable with a 18-20kg backpack during the camino?
And, if you felt comfortable at the start, but not in the end, when did it start to feel unconfortable or even painful?

I am looking to get rid of some stuff, but I decided to pack what I felt for first, then see what I don't really need.
At the same time, I dont see myself getting much below 15kg, seeing the latest snow report from Live - Camino Frances sub-forum. I am a viking from Norway, and I can easily handle cold weather, but I don't prefer it :rolleyes:

- Petter
The 10% body weight as your pack weight is only a guideline for average person.
I am afraid only you are the best person to answer the pack weight question. I met a lot of young and fitter people carrying more than 15kg. If you can carry that weight comfortably and you need all that stuff in that pack, go for it.

But, please include that pack in your training/preparation. You will find out sooner.

Last edited:
Hi Xoy,

I'm currently on the Camino. I left home with a 75l pack that weighed 11kgs. I'm also carrying our spare water, some snacks for walking, and a few items that belong in my wife's pack but "somehow" ended up in mine.
I have no idea what my pack weighs now but it's still not a problem for me.
It sounds to me like you may have too much stuff but since you referenced the current snow situation it seems like you're leaving fairly soon. Keep in mind that a lot of the ultra low pack weights you're reading about are people walking in the summer.
See if you can pare down a bit. Put your pack on and walk for 20 kms or so. Then do it again the next day (a weekend works great for this). That'll give you a better gauge of whether it's too heavy or not.

Ron

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We are currently in León having started in St Jean on 14 Feb, travelling with children. My pack is quite heavy too (between 15-22kg I would estimate, depending on weather as I woudk carry heavy clothes for three if it is warmer, and food, we can't risk not finding food and water and carrying provisions for 7 isn't light, but everyone chips in carrying that) , we have a two year old and my wife is carrying a baby carrier. That means that I carry all of the stuff for myself, my wife and the baby. I started also with a gopro and other things. By Pamplona we sent 6 kg home. We had done a fair bit of walking before starting using heavy packs too (hiking and camping).

The problem with the heavy pack came after doing 22+km. I found that up to 20 was generally ok, but a couple beyond 20 and all sorts of problems came up, like getting lots of hot spots on my feet (warnings for blisters), aching shoulders (I have an old rugby injury), slowing down and getting grumpy.

We have adjusted the weight and distances we cover (as well as gotten used to walking every day) and now most days are a gift.

I would suggest that if you are fine sending stuff home, go the way lots of people have. Cut down on things you are taking, then start with what you want, then when things are not quite right send them home/onwards from a post office or ditch them. I ended up leaving a number of books in the municipal albergue in Valcarlos (one a school textbook my daughter had brought! If anyone is interested in Ancjent Rome, enjoy the read!) It really isn't a big drama if you take too much as you will just be learning along the way what you need and what you don't.

Be careful if you are borrowing equipment though as I've met some people who are borrowing equipment from family that they have found they don't need, and they say they can't afford to post. They are just carrying dead weight and resenting it when it was lent to them in the first place!

You might want to compare what you currently are proposing to carry with one of the packing lists being circulated for comment. If you really want to bare your soul, you might post your current packing list and seek comment on it from other forum members. You will need to let us know when you are planning your camino, otherwise you will be walking in autumn stripped down for a summer camino.

You might like to think of the other guide -15% of body weight from the skin out. This then can include some of the heavier clothing you might need if walking very soon, but will have in your pack if/when it warms up. We try to keep our packs to a comfortable weight for warm weather walking and know what we personally can manage happily. There seems to be a 150gms margin between what is comfortable in my pack and what makes it feel heavy - strange but true.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

- Petter
Hi Petter
I had 17 kg from the the start in France but ended up sending stuff home so thet is an option :)
Stefan

Petter,

I will walk my first Camino this May/June. My backpack, fully loaded, weighs 9kg. I am not a Viking but I will tell you, I think 9kg is really heavy! I just don't know yet what more I can get rid of...I am still looking.

Suzanne
Does your backpack weight also include water?

Last fall I left home with 7kg and returned with 8kg. I felt like I was walking on a cloud. The backpack alone can add lots of weight, I'm using a zpack 52L at 468grams. Another weight saver is using a sleeping bag liner( 100g,silk, hot ) instead of a sleeping bag. Someone told me to take what I needed instead of what I wanted. I will be starting again March 22 and I have only added two items to the original list : an anker external battery ( I kept borrowing one as my phone would discharge ) and some liquid detergent for laundry ( 300 grams ) total. I think you have to get picky and start weighing each item, to keep or not to keep based on weight and need.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
My advice for cutting weight: get a digital scale and weigh everything (in grams) and write it down. That exercise, more than anything, helped me to cut my pack weight to around 13 pounds (not kgs) (July-Aug. 2014). Here is one program for recording the weights, but a simple Google search will reveal lots of others. http://www.backpacking.net/featured3.html

Spring and fall will require more, but not that much more. My full backpack for walking in the high mountains in the fall is less than 20 pounds (again, not kgs) baseweight (without food or water), and that includes tarp, ground cloth, warm down quilt, air mattress, metal bear canister (for those you from Europe, although that sounds like something to put a bear in, it is actually to put food in to keep it from the bears) , stove, cooking pot, etc. None of that type of gear is necessary on the Camino.

Buen Camino

Xoy, it would be really interesting to know whats in your bag. :) I have prepared my bag, all the stuff that I will take "from the skin out", including female vanity stuff like sparkling trinkets, tablet type phone and heavy photo camera + chargers (category "want/like"), is about 9,3kg + water & chocolate. Mine is for early May-mid June, but I have gloves for early mornings in mountains, sleeping bag not just liner, some other warm things, as I'm always freezing. A winter sweater etc, etc would probably add some kg or two. So, a moment of truth, whats in there? 27? 18? Tell what makes it? I'm very curious.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks, Jo Jo! I actually created a spreadsheet much like the one you offered! I think my backpack alone must weigh more than 3 lbs., and I have two changes of clothes (three if you include what I am wearing, which may be one too many). I think that may be my only indulgence. I have gotten rid of my headlamp for a smaller penlight; I am leaving my pocket knife at home; I have a sleep sack that weighs only 29 oz. My tevas are a little heavy and my fleece jacket is 10 oz. I think my rain pants and jacket each weigh about 8 oz...so there's a pound. I am forgoing makeup, shampoo, moisturizer (like a good pilgrim...ha), taking one bar of multipurpose soap, small brush, tooth stuff, one small travel towel. All in all, I have followed most of the various types of advice out there about packing. So, I will toughen up a bit and go with the 20 lbs. (including snacks and water).

Just go with your pack as you plan; You know your capasity best of all. But consider that a heavy pack will also increase the risk of blisters. Severe blisters may end your Camino in 2-3 days, at worst. I have seen several strong persons having to quit their Caminos for that reason.

Here is a shortcut tip:

Go through every single item in your pack. Put each item in one of two classes:

"Must bring"
"Nice to have"

Test-pack both classes (Total, and then only "Must bring") and check weight difference.

Let "Nice to have" stay home.

Buen Camino!

Edit: My backpack weighs 7 kgs + 2 x 0.5l plastic bottles of water,

Last edited:
Yousta

as in "I yousta be able to carry a forty pound pack."

I think it is not how much you need on the Camino, but how little you need.

I have become fairly minimalist on my caminos, but still return with a few items unused. Sometimes it is the third pair of underwear, sometimes the third pair of socks. I use a nylon sleep sack, so I always save the weight of a sleeping bag. I use very lightweight mesh stuff sacks, so they do not puff up and use space (but they don't protect against water). My Altus poncho keeps my pack dry. I am down to one pair of convertible pants. I have sleeping shorts, so I wear them while my pants are in the laundry. My outer cover is a Victorinox nylon waterproof wind jacket with hood. A t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, fleece, and wind jacket is all I have ever needed for warmth. While walking, I heat up rapidly even on cold mornings, so the fleece or the jacket is more than enough. Crocs do duty as shower shoes, evening wear, and could be used were I ever to get a blister.

My iPhone is plenty of lightweight technology, but occasionally I take an Olympus Stylus weatherproof camera. No books. No journals. No laptop. No GPS (except as an occasional toy). One water bladder that holds up to 2 liters. No umbrella, although I agree they can be handy in the evenings. Nylon gloves that weigh nothing. One hat. No extra batteries. Toilet paper for a single emergency. A titanium cup, which I have almost never used for anything except to keep my knife and toilet paper in. A titanium fork and spoon. No evening wear for the camino or Santiago. No toiletries except a toothbrush, toothpaste, and soap.

I get by, and probably would without the fork and spoon.:)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Falcon, I pack similarly. No fork and spoon, though :)
My only tech is my iPhone, and would you know: It works also as a GPS (I don't need it), compass (never needed it) flashlight (convenient), language translator, ++
And of course: Plastic wine glass!

New this year is that I will test Ivar's "Camino places" app. That weights only a few electrons on my iPhone :);)

Attachments

• IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Jostony, Yes, It included 1 liter. I am beginning to think that weight is pretty normal for May/June walking. I simply have to get used to it! Suzanne
Thanks . Good to hear as my backpack weighs 8kg without water - if I can resist talking myself into bringing more stuff I will be pleased and surprised! Like you I can not see what else I can reduce despite how many times I re-weigh everything!

Biggest comment - feeling comfortable with a 20kg or heavier pack cannot be judged in the sitting room or walking a short distance. Carry it for at least a day and preferably more. Then decide whether it is comfortable.
Before starting a Camino with that kind of weight I'd suggest you try carrying it for 15-20 miles a day, some days in mountains, for five or six days in a row and then decide.

The part of the Camino which is unlike what a lot of people have done before, is that it goes on, and on, and on, and on. A pack you could carry for a few days may, after a few days, seem unbearably heavy.

Karl

WOW.... that's double what I had!! That's a lot... too much if you ask me. You might be strong, walking all day, every day takes its toll... What they say is true!! I read about it bfore I went, and talked to a couple of guys that reinforced this. So I followed the advise and was so gald! Think about the fact that you will want to out some food and water in there everyday for long stretches. I always had fruit, meat, bread, water.... that's at least a couple of pounds right there. I left with a 14 lb pack and with food and water was probably about 16-18 lb some days. So others, pretty fit fellows walking with me have heavier pack and they got rid of some stuff along the way because it was just waering them down.
I went in November and did get some snow and cold weather. But was fine. Make sure you have layer and good base layer (merino wool if possible) and wind breaker/waterproof outlayer. Here's the content of my pack if that can help you.

Enjoy and Buen Camino!
Dan
Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 2.35.13 PM.png

The first time I walked, I started with a 9kg backpack in spring, and I arrived in Santiago in summer with 6kg (plus food and drink).
18kg sounds like a military backpack to me. Why don't you check the many posts here on packing lists, and the many recommendations how weight can be reduced? If that does not work out, post your own list; you will get good advice re. what you don't need. Even when it's cold you should manage with a 10kg backpack. I plan to start in (snowy) Switzerland in March next year; the initial weight of my backpack will be at most 9kg.

Just repacked and went through everything. I was really surprised what I packed the first time, and how much I packed. I even added a few things I was missing. When I checked my backpack now, it was only 9,4kg. There was a huge difference between need and want. Also brought some items that is something I want, but if I feel its too much to carry on, ill throw it in the garbage!
I am leaving for the airport in 7hours, so was about time I got everything sorted!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just repacked and went through everything. I was really surprised what I packed the first time, and how much I packed. I even added a few things I was missing. When I checked my backpack now, it was only 9,4kg. There was a huge difference between need and want. Also brought some items that is something I want, but if I feel its too much to carry on, ill throw it in the garbage!
I am leaving for the airport in 7hours, so was about time I got everything sorted!

Sounds better. :) Buen Camino, Petter!

hahaha, very good! Enjoy your walk! Buen camino. Maybe i'll see you around. I arrive in Pamplona on wednesday :)

WOW.... that's double what I had!! That's a lot... too much if you ask me. You might be strong, walking all day, every day takes its toll... What they say is true!! I read about it bfore I went, and talked to a couple of guys that reinforced this. So I followed the advise and was so gald! Think about the fact that you will want to out some food and water in there everyday for long stretches. I always had fruit, meat, bread, water.... that's at least a couple of pounds right there. I left with a 14 lb pack and with food and water was probably about 16-18 lb some days. So others, pretty fit fellows walking with me have heavier pack and they got rid of some stuff along the way because it was just waering them down.
I went in November and did get some snow and cold weather. But was fine. Make sure you have layer and good base layer (merino wool if possible) and wind breaker/waterproof outlayer. Here's the content of my pack if that can help you.

Enjoy and Buen Camino!
Dan
View attachment 17071
Dan...the picture, did that include what you were wearing? Or was that additional?

Just repacked and went through everything. I was really surprised what I packed the first time, and how much I packed.
Very good! You will have a much better Camino, and in addition, you will not get angry at yourself over all the unneccessary stuff you'd have to throw away during your first days. Believe me, you would not have been the first...

Firsttimers most often do not realize how little they need. Spain is a sophisticated 1st world European country: Whatever you find out you forgot, you can buy there, and for a much better price.

Edit: On my first Camino, I even brought a bicycle chain lock. It was an extra 800 massive grams in my pack!!! The thought was to lock my backpack somewhere (chair/table/whatever) if I needed to leave it for some minutes. Not understanding/realizing that all a thief needed was a small knife to get access to all my stuff... Complete idiotic newbie I was... :rolleyes:

Buen Camino, Petter, from a fellow Norwegian!

Last edited:
Good job downsizing your backpack, Petter, and buen Camino to you. Enjoy!

Jostony, Yes, It included 1 liter. I am beginning to think that weight is pretty normal for May/June walking. I simply have to get used to it! Suzanne
Update on my dithering - just read somewhere that Route Napoleon from SJPdP was closed due to heavy snow! So I have now put my Fleece back in to backpack!! Another 336 g taking total back pack weight to 18 pounds (8.2 kg) and 10.2%. I think it will definitely stay in - until next week at least...

Hey...

I think its part of the Camino experience for some to take too much....

I did...twice!!!

Its not until you are there and have walked a few days that your pack takes on a personality of its own.

I would say....whatever you do take make sure you are not too attached to it. So, if you decide to donate it to the box of left items at a albergue it will be easy to leave.

Or consider sending it ahead to Ivar and his luggage storage. (I did that twice!!! ☺)

I must admit...training with a heavy load....and doing a half marathon for multiple days on the Camino in a row are completely different.

That said....I have read posts on the forum of people walking over 40km a day with 9kg plus packs and they had no problems at all.

Humans are so amazingly different ☺☺
In case in helps me refine my packing list - which items did you end up ditching or vowing to leave behind next time?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Looks right to me, mine will be about 10kg when all is said and done I believe.

Ok...Jostony.....this will be an embarassing list.

Cant believe my first time I took five sets of clothes! When two of each is all you need. I left a trail of clothes behind me.

Travel umbrella
Blow up pillow
Extra pair of walking shoes
Heavy duty survival pack liner
Jandels (Flip flops)
One of those pillows you take on a plane. What was I thinking! At least it was light.
Bandaids....lots and lots of bandaids. I got rid of those in Pamplona
Spork -
Collaspable plate-
Way too many ziplock bags. They work for some but I grew to hate them.
Kindle...never opened it until after I had left the Camino.

Im sure there was more. As well as sending two boxes to Ivar.....I sent two parcels back to NZ.
Helpful to know - thanks for sharing.

I see all these posts about not carrying to much in your backpack. I am not a small person, and when I packed most of the stuff for my the camino frances, I ended up at 18kg. So, my question is, have anyone felt comfortable with a 18-20kg backpack during the camino?
And, if you felt comfortable at the start, but not in the end, when did it start to feel unconfortable or even painful? I am looking to get rid of some stuff, but I decided to pack what I felt for first, then see what I don't really need. At the same time, I dont see myself getting much below 15kg, seeing the latest snow report from Live - Camino Frances sub-forum. I am a viking from Norway, and I can easily handle cold weather, but I don't prefer it :rolleyes: - Petter
I started my Camino (VDLP) with 12kg plus water/food - so around 14 kg. I now know that this was at least 2-3 kg to heavy (and I am 189cm (6ft 2) and stated at around 97 kg (200 lbs).
But what is heavy for me might not be heavy for you. So what I suggest is back for pack with 15kg and a liter of water and don your walking boots and trek gear and walk 5-7 km tomorrow; 10 km the day after and 15 km on the third day and finally 20 km on day 4. If your step is still as sprightly at the end of day 4 as at the start of day 1 then maybe 15-16kg is your maximum (but not necessarily your ideal) pack weight. What I further suggest is have a look at some of the better packing lists and compare those with what you have in your pack. If you take out the "nice to have in case" items what is you pack weight now?
Yes you can leave SJPP with 15-16 kg - but I suggest that by Pamplona you will have 5 or 6 items (3 kg) you have not used - these you pack up and post home. To conclude - its your back; your feet and your Camino. Go and experience it and hopefully enjoy it. Buen Camino :)

€46,-
My pack weighs 7 kilos dry
I purchase 2 x 500ml bottles of water once in Spain the blue Sturdy plastic ones at any servo. Then snacks not too many it all adds up, few tins of sardines and pate,
So it averages out at about 8 to 9 kilos once I hang the Keens of the back.
Which is 10% of BW

Buen Camino all

In case in helps me refine my packing list - which items did you end up ditching or vowing to leave behind next time?
On my second Camino I brought a camping icepack device and a 2 egg plastic holder. I was hoping to eat better this way, but where can you buy only 2 eggs?

My pack weighs 7 kilos dry
I purchase 2 x 500ml bottles of water once in Spain the blue Sturdy plastic ones at any servo. Then snacks not too many it all adds up, few tins of sardines and pate,
So it averages out at about 8 to 9 kilos once I hang the Keens of the back.
Which is 10% of BW

Buen Camino all
What did you use if anything to hang your Keens off the backpack? Why did you need to hang them - was that simply to air them?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
What did you use if anything to hang your Keens off the backpack? Why did you need to hang them - was that simply to air them?
Yes it allows more room in your pack. I have two straps on each side at the back of my pack its a North Face Alteo 35 then I buy a supermarket dog collar the plastic clip together one and loop that thru toe box to stop them flapping about. I stow them in BP when travelling ie; plane bus train.

It's all good jostony

Yes it allows more room in your pack. I have two straps on each side at the back of my pack its a North Face Alteo 35 then I buy a supermarket dog collar the plastic clip together one and loop that thru toe box to stop them flapping about. I stow them in BP when travelling ie; plane bus train.

It's all good jostony
Thanks

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Have a nice walk!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

It's all good jostony
Oh THAT is clever!

Dan...the picture, did that include what you were wearing? Or was that additional?
It did included what I was wearing. Just prepare everything and took a picture. Just had two pair of pants, including one of them that converted to shorts.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.