• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bad Pilgrim starts from Alicante!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi everyone,

Sorry for not writing here for a while but villages are small. No wifi. But I am in Burgos now!!! It is a long story. Foot was awful the day I would do 19 kms. I thought Game over for GOOD. So I did 19 kms more, the same day, just cause I didn't care and I really wanted to get to San Esteban de Gormaz. Then the pain disappeared?! Regardless of the distances. Weird. So yes I made it. No more rain or storms! But was lost terribly yesterday, one part of 3,7 kms and I turned it into at least 12, out of the map... Yes Alan, Covarrubias is beautiful, I saw the indication of. ST Olaf etc but did not go see the Ermita (?). Mecerreyes albergue is fantastic. Very cosy. Spotlessly clean.

NO other pilgrim anywhere except for one man and his dog in Caudete.

I will write more when I don't have to use my cellphone. Thanks for rooting for me everyone. It turned out that the week in Madrid was a good Idea!! But I have decided not to go to Invierno now, enough adventures for this summer... I will write more, in order to dissect the Lana thouroughly... Thanks again for pushing me to Burgos!!! I haven't been here since 2009 so it is very special to me!

/BP

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Oh. You won't regret the Lana. It was wonderful. The only negative aspect was that accommodation was trickier - irregular - than on any Camino I have done! Well, less travelled than even Levante /Sureste, it is no surprise...

I have also decided on next year: Baztán, Interior, Invierno and Inglés. Period. I need some northern paths now, for a change...

So what are your plans for next year's Camino?

I have also decided on next year: Baztán, Interior, Invierno and Inglés. Period. I need some northern paths now, for a change...

Great choices! I walked the Baztán with four forum friends this year and it was oh so nice. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/5-peregrinas-on-the-baztan.48180/ Amd you probably know how much I love the Invierno ;)

So what are your plans for next year's Camino?

I hate to jinx things by saying them out loud so many months before I am set to embark, but I am hoping to walk the Mozárabe from Almería. The icing on the cake may be that other forum members join me! Unfortunately, my family issued an ultimatum this year and I have now promised to keep my walking to four weeks at a time, so this means that my Mozárabe will stop in Mérida and my Lana, if I ever get there, will stop in Burgos! Not sure how I feel about that, but I have decided to go along for now.

p.s. I have just added my blog for this year to my signature (or better said, I have just tried to do that), and the beginning describes our fun Baztán.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have now promised to keep my walking to four weeks at a time
I have also decided that I will limit my caminos to a month. (That means 4 weeks walking!) My family didn't issue an ultimatum but I began to feel that it was appropriate for me to do this. I don't mind too much, as I've found that 4 weeks of walking actually seems like enough at a time. In a way, it saves me from myself and temptation.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.