A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Badges arriving today

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Today I will receive the woven forum-badges that was made and shipped from the UK (same company that made the CSJ woven badge made these).

I will be going to Norway tomorrow (back on the 14th), so I can not start sending them out until then.... but I just wanted to let everyone know that things are moving... :)

Saludos,
Ivar

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
That is great news Ivar! If all members of this forum sew a Forum badge onto their hat or backpack, they will be able to recognize each other easily. Look forward to a preview of the badges.
Have a safe trip 'home' and back.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I just took a picture of one...

It is about 7cm in diameter (it just fits in the palm of your hand)

..more on this once I am back from my Norway trip... I need to figure out the different shipping options/prices that "Correos" offers around the world.... and I don't have time for this today.

More once back from Norway.

Saludos,
Ivar

Attachments

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
That is a great badge Ivar!!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Sil... the colors are the same as in the forum, and the arrow is the one that we have in the top left corner of the forum.

I am glad you liked it :)

Greetings from a sunny and warm (23c) Santiago,
Ivar

PS! Pilgrims with allergies should be warned.. the pollen in Santiago today must be at max "output"... my car was covered in yellow pollen this morning.

they look great, Ivar. I'm really looking forward to sewing one onto my rucksack and being hailed on the Way to Santiago :D

lckgj

Hi Ivar
I just looked at buying two pilgrim badges but there doesnt seem to be an option to select a quantity other than one. Should I order two separately?

Thanks, Laura

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
lckgj said:
Hi Ivar
I just looked at buying two pilgrim badges but there doesnt seem to be an option to select a quantity other than one. Should I order two separately?

Thanks, Laura
It should work now. Once on the payment screen, enter the number of badges you would like and then click the "Update Totals" button just below.

If you would like to pay with credit card (and do not want to create a paypal account) you should click the link in the bottom left corner (see screen shot below).

Saludos,
Ivar

Attachments

Hi Ivar,
Congratulations for coming up with a great looking badge. I will be proud to put one of the just ordered badges on my backpack.

By the way, great idea to allow payment through Pay Pal!

Thanks,

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I have just come back form the post office, the first bunch of badges are on their way! (Everyone that have ordered as of right now where shipped today).

Thank you everyone for ordering!

I was told that for orders within Europe it would take about 4 days and the rest of the world about 6-7 days. It would be nice if you could report back and let us know when you get it so that others from the same region/country have an idea about the shipping time. I am sure there will be people in the future that will be in a hurry and it would be nice to tell them a "ball-park" number of days.

Also, I would love to get some photos of badges when they are sown on as well. So please post pictures or e-mail them to me.

Thanks again,
Ivar

How nice does this look....12 days untill my flight....now my pack is ready.. thanks Ivar!!

I have removed the pic with the upside down badge....see my new message with pic!

alipilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2005), Frances (2007), Madrid/Frances (2011), 1/2 VdP (2012),
Sorry Marilyn, but isn't your Canadian Pilgrims badge upside down??

ksam

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese '08, Frances '11, del Norte '14, Invierno '16, Ingles '17, Primitivo October 2018
Marilyn, your pack looks fab! Strangely until now I hadn't thought of stitching things onto mine..but will now! Not quite so sure about my flag...not that I am not proud of what I am...but :? somehow..wearing an Ami flag on my back makes me feel a tad like I have a bulls eye! Canadians are always on everyones good list...at least from my experience...but that hairy eyeball you can get as an Ami...not so sure I want to make it the lead off...Not that it won't be obvious once I open my mouth!

Thanks for the pics...wishing you a wonderful trip...Tonight is another practice hike w/3 out of the 4 of us. Will probably wear my pack again...after all for us it's only 39 and a wake up I believe...have it on my calendar at work! Makes the tough days go better!

Buen Camino...Karin

Thanks Karin...the pack is brand new...hasn't been in a good rain downpour yet...it will look quite different by the time I reach Santiago.....I'm pleased with the badges and flag.they are glued on using fabric glue ..rather than stitching them on...if you like I could send you a small Cdn flag....and we could temporarily adopt you!!

Marilyn

I took fabric paints and "decorated" my backpack, and hope to attach my badges when they arrive. I told this to a friend and she said, "Didn't you say that weight is an issue? How much extra weight are you putting on?" And she reminded of the story of those who cut off their toothbrush handle to save weight. Funny

ksam

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese '08, Frances '11, del Norte '14, Invierno '16, Ingles '17, Primitivo October 2018
Marilyn...thank you!! being a Canadian adoptee would be awesome...my mum would be proud! She kept her British citizenship till she died and was always more at home north of the border! What kind of glue did you use?? And your pack will have a patina when your done, or perhaps we will all achieve that oh so trendy shabby chic! Kind of how I like to think of myself theses days...getting just worn enough to be chic !!

Lilli..photos por favor!

Gracias, Karin

egbert

Roland of Gilead
Camino(s) past & future
French,Portuguese
Hello Ivar,
Badge arrived this morning. Many thanks.
Regards from a sunny N Ireland.
Egbert. 8)

Camino(s) past & future
1999: Holland-Santiago, 2001 Jakobsweg Switzerland, 2002 GR65 Geneva- Le Puy, 2003 2004 2005 GR65, 2006 Camino Aragones
Ivar,

Also in Holland arrived the Badge!!!
It will get a good spot on my backpack!
regards,
Jan Brilleman

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
.... and the Indian Ocean - mine arrived today.
Tusen takk Ivar!

ksam

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I got 'em I got 'em I got 'em!!! (Ok read...jumping up and down like a little kid at Christmas!!!)
You can hardly imagine my shock when I stopped home during the day...running an errand for work and my house is 2 blocks over...Checked the mail and found the small envelope w/our pilgrim badges!! They look great...an excellent and distinctive logo!! I will be sharing them w/my little crew this evening as we are all attending the same meeting, and these will be the nicest of surprises!!

Karin :D Ray :D Adrianne :D Joe :D

Janeh

mine arrived yesterday so it appears it takes a week or so to get to Australia. Thanks Ivar, it was nice to see your little hand written message too! The badge looks terrific, well done! cheers Jane.

Ivar,
I got my badge some days ago.
It is nice to receive something from the forum that represents the community.
Lots of my friends and famil are asking about it and it helps spread the word.
Thanks for the smiley.

Take Care

Peter

Deirdre

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)
Mine arrived in the Northeastern United States in Monday's post! Thanks so much, Ivar! I love it!
Buen Camino,

ivar said:
Mouse said:
Ordered my badge last week so hoping to have it during the next week :D
I sent a few envelopes off on Thursday last week (including yours I think), so it should not be too long.

Great to hear that you all liked the badge!

Saludos from a rainy Santiago,
Ivar
Thanks Ivar - will start going to the post box almost daily now 'till I get the badge!!

I'm in the middle of moving house. Once I've settled in the new place I'll be ordering mine, too, but if I do it now it'll get lost in the upheaval :lol:

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Yes please!
Got mine today in the UK, thanks for the fast delivery and message! Things like sewing badges on the backpack are small pieces of preparation too. And I'll make sure I put it somewhere where it points forward, not backwards!

Tusen takk, Ivar.
LM

kubapigora

I got mine some two weeks ago. Arrived on tuesday morning (ordered sunday afternoon)- thanks ivar!
I have to say, that it's quite pretty and it will compose well with my national flags badge.
Buen Camino!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Great to hear that the badge made it to Rio de Janeiro.

We now have 50 badges spread out all over the world... many of these badges will be on the camino this summer, so look out for the badge if you are walking this year. You know the owner is a forum member as well! :)

Thanks everyone!
Ivar

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ivar, I'm sure it would be interesting to have a large wall map with pins in all the places your badges have gone to!
The fellow who owns the sport/outdoor shop in Sarria asked me for the CSJ of SA badge to add to his map in the shop. He has pins/badges from all over the world on his map.
Sil

PS: We saw ALTUS raincoats in his shop - I bought a really comfortable pair of ALTUS CoolMax socks there with padded heels and toes.

Badge arrived a week after Ivar posted it!!!! Already on my pack. Only 16 more sleeps :D

Been away so haven't been able to get to a computer.

kubapigora

ivar said:
The pins are set in the towns of the badge owners, not at their actual address :)
That's a shame. Other way you could have another pin in Poland;))

And that's the result of 90 minutes of work:)

EDIT:
Ivar- I hope that you will keep us updated with how many badges you have sent! I would love to meet one of you on the way. 19th of august- St.Jean- we're coming...

Attachments

Seems like I will have to order another one from you, as I have just bought a new backpack. The previous one 70+10litres would be too heavy, but still useful in other walks (and still representing our forum).
Take care everyone!

Got mine couple days ago - look sgreat...sewed it on to the water bottle pouch at the side (dont trust the glue enough and wouldn't dare sew things into the main body!!! ) Looks good though - now it needs to be camino'd!!! :)

THank you Ivar!

vjpulver

Crazy Chicken Lady with the Camino on my Mind!
Camino(s) past & future
Apr-Jun 2009 - I solo walked from Roncesvalles to Santiago. I hope to return as a hospitalera in 2016.
I Recieved my Patch - It is Lovely!

My lovely Pilgrim patch arrived! Thank you for coordinating production of these fine patches. Though I have yet to pruchase my pack, I know that this patch will go with me on my big adventure next May. I have it on my desk, alongside my small silver shell which I plan to wear on my journey.

I am impatient - I want my trek to begin. The patch and the shell help me bide my time...they are symbols of my intentions, my commitment.

Life is good....

"Ginn"
In Sunny Santa Fe

Camino(s) past & future
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Gernica to San Vicente de la Barquera 2010
San Vicente to La Isla 2012
La Isla to Santiago Sept/Oct 2014
vjpulver said:
I am impatient - I want my trek to begin. The patch and the shell help me bide my time...they are symbols of my intentions, my commitment.
Inspired by Ginn I have ordered two patches, (thank you, Ivar,). Scallop shells picked up on Hastings beach await hole-drilling - and the plan for today is to book our train journey out to Reims , for Sept 13th, which is not so long away any more. I doubt that we'll meet anyone else with a forum badge along the Voie de Vezelay, though?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I have been bartending at a local fiesta up close to the border to Asturias this weekend (helped out my in-laws)... just back and I have prepared the envelopes just now. Will be mailed tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

Ivar

Camino(s) past & future
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
And you've put us on your map already! I'm so excited!!!

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
Bridget and Peter said:
And you've put us on your map already! I'm so excited!!!
I see that New Zealand now has a pin as well...yeah! :D Now I can be glad that I have done my nationalistic duty 8)
Thanks ivar... I will look forward to an international letter in a week or so!
Margaret

Camino(s) past & future
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009

Attachments

Canuck

Veteran Member
Hi Ivan,

Just ordered two.
My wife will be sporting one on the Camino Frances next fall.
At the same time, I'll be showing ''the flag'' on the Via de la Plata.
The plan is for the two of us to meet in Santiago, reaching the Cathedral at the same time.

Having completed: Francés (Le Puy), Francés (Arles), Norte (Irun), Inglés (Ferrol), Portugués (Oporto), Catalan (Barcelona), Fistera (Compostela), Muxia (Compostela), VdlP (Sevilla) and counting...
Also having walked: Amsterdam-Brussel, Bordeaux-Sète(Canal du Midi), Tour du Mont-Blanc, Paris-St-Malo via Mont St-Michel, The Loire Valley (Briar Le Canal-Nantes), La Routa de Don Quijote (Toledo-Ciudad Real), La Costa Brava (Barcelona-Perpignan), Le Chemin des Sanctuaires (Montreal-Quebec City), Le Chemin des Navigateurs (Rimouski-Quebec City)

Enough bragging!?!?!?! but still getting excited about the forum badge.

Cheers!
Jean-Marc

:) Hello; My wife and I plan to walk this April and I ordered two forum badges. But in one photo you show a backpack with a badge and the Canada Flag on it. Where can I get a Badge with an American flag on it like that one?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Adobe said:
:) Hello; My wife and I plan to walk this April and I ordered two forum badges. But in one photo you show a backpack with a badge and the Canada Flag on it. Where can I get a Badge with an American flag on it like that one?
I think this is the badge from the Canadian Pilgrim association (http://www.santiago.ca/). The pack that you see in the picture is a photo that I got from Marilyn, she was one of the first to order one:
announcements-your-feedback/topic3851.html#p21394

I am not sure if the American ass. of Pilgrims do have a badge?
http://www.americanpilgrims.com
... you might ask them? :)

Thanks for your order! :)

Greetings from Santiago de Compostela,
Ivar

Arn

Staff member
I was just noting that the date of the last post was April 2008...eeeeem.

Does that mean that it's been that long since any Forum member purchased a Forum badge to put on their pack?

Drat and double drat!

The folks that make up this Forum are the best informed, most well rounded and secure in the fact that their Camino is fairly certain of being a success because of the quality information contained therein.

This isn't a Forum pieced together by a marketing agency, travel concern or municipal functionary...it's heart beat is that of fellow peregrinos that have, or will soon, trod the Way...upon its many Caminos complete sufficient km to warrant the Compostela.

We've talked, joked, disagreed and felt the love...shouldn't YOUR pack display the Forum Badge!

Buen Got mine Camino
Arn

Arn

Staff member
Hi,

For someone entrusted with high level Forum matters...I've proven myself to be an idiot. Must be to high quality champaign I am drinking.

In deed, there are many more threads to the topic than I first viewed.

mea cupa

Now...go out there and keep getting a badge so you'll know one another.

On the topic of an American Flag badge for the Camino. There isn't one.

At this point...may I suggest an American Flag patch...should you desire!

Buen Camino

Arn

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Does that mean that it's been that long since any Forum member purchased a Forum badge to put on their pack?
No, orders are coming in... after new year people are obviously starting to plan since orders are up! :)

For more info:
http://www.pilgrimage-to-santiago.com/p ... badge.html

Un saludo,
Ivar

PS! I sent off two envelopes earlier this week, I have gotten another two orders this week, will be sending out these on Monday.

Camino(s) past & future
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Just ordered another forum badge, as our two are well sewn on to the bike panniers and we will be walking with back packs on the Camino Ingles. Only ordered one this time - it was a bit of a shock to see that 6.50 Euros comes to £6.20 now!!! Hope to meet someone from the forum (first week of March) to make the purchase worthwhile!

Badges arrived weeks ago
Rosie the wife of Bath refused to sew mine on for me having already done hers!!
so being unable to find the super-glue or a friendly seamstress I had to do it myself
(it took me 5 minutes to thread the needle :shock: )
who's a clever boy then???

Attachments

Deirdre

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)
Well Done! It's even going in the right direction! :wink: :arrow:
You're all set to go!
Buen Camino,

Ivar,

I've just placed an order......it means a job for someone else!!!
I used a debit card instead of credit card as I hope you won't lose as much %.
I look forward to Mr. Postie arriving mid-week. Many thanks for the forum & all your energy.

Buen Camino

Brian.

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
Well the system works very well, We now have our pilgrim forum badges in hand and will sew them onto appropriate places on our packs right away before our departure in early April.

L

crackmrmac

Veteran Member
Badges arrived this morning; thanks Ivar. They look well here on a bright sunny afternoon, after snow, wind & rain. Ah, the simple things that keep us happy!

Brian

Portia1

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2009, Portuguese 2012
Frances 2016, (Frances 2019)
MIne arrived today! Thanks! Now to get it on my pack.......

Camino(s) past & future
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
And ours, thank you. Now where is that strong needle?

giorgio

Camino(s) past & future
CF(2000), Puy (03), VDLP(04), Arles(05), Paris/London(06), Norte(07),Vezelay(09), Levante(10),Madrid(13),CF(15),CF(16)
Hallo IIvar, badges arrived this morning ! Great , thanks a lot !!!!
Giorgio

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
Hej Ivar !

Thank you my new pilgrim bagde, it came yesterday! I'll carry it on my sun screen hat when I start my first camino from SJPP the 16th of May.
Greetings from white and snowy Stockholm.

hej då! annie

Ivar - I received my badge. Thanks for sending it so promptly. Now, as I don't even sew buttons, I will have to take it along with my pack to a friend to sew it on for me.

See you very soon on the path,

Karen

Hello Ivar!

Thank you so much for sending my badge ultraquick!
Now I just need to decide wether to sow it onto my backpack or my brandnew Tilley-hat!
Or is it sacrilege to sow something onto a Tilley-hat? :lol:

I'm just getting started on this site and am already blown away by all the information that is available, absolutely amazing!

Mange Takk!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hali said:
Hello Ivar!

Thank you so much for sending my badge ultraquick!
Now I just need to decide wether to sow it onto my backpack or my brandnew Tilley-hat!
Or is it sacrilege to sow something onto a Tilley-hat? :lol:

I'm just getting started on this site and am already blown away by all the information that is available, absolutely amazing!

Mange Takk!
Thank you for ordering!

...and welcome to the forum by the way... :)

Saludos,
Ivar

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
ivar Announcements 6

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%