A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Badges arriving today

Advertisment

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
Wow Rebekah- what a marvellous place to be! I think maybe you have given an idea for a completely new thread here..... photos of places the badge has been....
Margaret

Deirdre

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)
Terriffic photo, Reb!

But when the hat is on your head, how do you know what direction to go????

Sorry, couldn't resist... just being blonde.............. :lol:

Buen Camino,

Anniesantiago

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.
Do you sew it or glue it?

I was wondering how people are attaching their badges to their packs?

Does sewing it harm the pack's waterproofing?
Is there a fabric glue one might use?
Does it matter?

Advertisment

Greetings Ivar - my badge arrived safe and sound about a fortnight ago or more now. Sorry I didnt let you know sooner, I became caught up in the whole work thing. I was thinking about how to attach it but after reading down here I am about to go looking for fabric glue - what a sensible idea. Thank you all! :)

Anniesantiago

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.
I used all-purpose glue, like Elmer's, and it worked great!

Watch for those badges on the Camino!

Hi everyone, am happy to be back in this forum and even more so looking forward to making the Camino again next year. It would be 6 years since the last time and my heart so yearns for the road again.
I was intrigued by the badge Ivar mentioned - are they still available ? I'm now in New Zealand - can I get hold of 2?

cheers

Shani

sharon w

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
Ivar, thanks. Our badges arrived today. We leave Brisbane on 1st September and arrive in Lisbon on the 2nd. We start our Camino on the 5th. Hope to see you in Santiago.
Sharon

I had my badge on my rucksack during the Camino Portugues and didn't meet any other forum members. However, people were curious about the 'yellow arrow badge' and I told them about the forum, so I hope that we will have some new people joining!

Nicole

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
A bit of a departure, but we happily sewed our forum badges onto our packs on our most recent caminos (Madrid, Frances and Ingles), but met NOT ONE FORUM MEMBER!! I was always watching for another kindred soul, but there were none to be found.

So if you want to meet up with one another, I encourage you to buy your badges and sew / or glue them onto your packs. You'll have a great time getting to know each other!!

lynne

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
I have had some e-mail problems and have not gotten the e-mails from PayPal as I should have.... so, if you have ordered a badge in the last few weeks, and have not gotten it yet... it will be shipped out tomorrow morning (Friday).

Sorry for the delay :-<

Saludos,
Ivar

renegadepilgrim

Veteran Pilgrim and Traveler
Camino(s) past & future
2010: Camino Frances, 2011: Santo Domingo de la Calzada (Hospitalera), 2012: Camino Portuguese from Porto, 2015: Camino Norte
Got my badge yesterday!!! Thanks Ivar....hope to meet you at the end of my camino next year.

Whalleyranger

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Jul-Aug 05, Frances, Jul-Aug 06, Portugues, Oct 2010
Mine arrived today, less than a week after ordering. Thanks Ivar.

+@^^

hi Ivar
big thanks
my badge was ordered on Fri 6 Aug and was delivered on Monday 15th
to the southern most tip of Africa - Cape Town

+@^^

on the vdlp
@ Santa Croya de Tera
i stayed at Casa Anita and they were just starting to gether memorabilia for their pub / reception
they were awesome and really looked after me
and so i donated my forum badge
as well as my csj of sa badge
seemed like a worthy cause

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
famone said:
Why is there a 5,- badge and on the other site a 6,- badge? I don´t quite see the difference?!
My mistake. It is the same badge. The price (5 euros) has been the same since I started selling these a few years ago, but with the new order that I just placed, the price had jumped, so I have adjusted the price from 5 to 6 euro.

So the correct price is 6 euro per badge (+ shipping). As of today, I am sold out, hope to receive the the new shipment in within one week.

Buen Camino!
Ivar

Hi Folks,
a word of caution with superglue and badges. My badge arrived yeaterday and as a quick fix I thought I would use superglue to attach it to my pack. It didn't stick and bleached the badge. I have ordered another one and to be honest I am quite gutted as I am not bad with a needle and thread, I just thought that glueing it would be preferable to stitching it on to my new pack. Nevermind, just thought I would share my experience to save anyone else making the same mistake.
Buen Camino
Neil

Hóla, Can't recall exactly recall when I placed order for my first forum patches but I've never seen them on the way. Met Sil in Corcubion way back in 2009 but that doesn't count. Lost one at end of August last year but I've got that never used second one for my quick expedition at start of June. I wager I'll avoid J. Walker. Ha, ha.
Buen Camino.

I received my badge last week and used hot glue to attach it to my Osprey Kestrel (the darkening was caused by a misadventure with Gorilla Glue, but it gives it a slightly used look, which I like). Thanks, Ivar! :)

Attachments

Larazet

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances "2013" had to stop half way due to tendonitis ... Continuing May 2014..postponed to 2015. SdC to Muxia 2016.
Hi! Post just arrived and with it my Forum Badge!! Another link in the chain, so now it is just boots, poles, hat, socks... and the list goes on. Shall I wear it on my handbag until I'm ready to go? :lol:

rglongpre

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy - Figeac (2012); Camino Frances (August 28, 2015)
I got my forum badge in the mail as well - woo hoo! only 14 days until the first step of a long, long walk of 1511 km from Le Puy en Velay to Santiago de Compostela. :)

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Português da Costa (Fall 2018)
Hali said:
... is it sacrilege to sew something onto a Tilley-hat? :lol:
Hali, I thought that's what Tilley hats were made for :)

I was issued a light blue one once, with a UN badge sewn on the front, and Tilley made them for us, so I guess that means it's O.K.

If you see a Tilley hat with a Canadian flag and the badges from the Canadian Company of Pilgrims, the Confraternity of Saint James, and this Forum, that might be me ;-)

¡Buen Camino!
Brian

We got our patches in the post today.
Now we are ready, departure is on 28th, just two more weeks :D
Maybee we will meet between Porto and Muxia.
Thanks ivar

Susannafromsweden

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Via de la Plata 2010, Camino de Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo 2013, Olvidado, Invierno 2014
I also got my badge now, and have just managed to sew it on to my rucksack.
It's looks great, especially as its blue and yellow, just like the Swedish flag! :D

Larazet

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances "2013" had to stop half way due to tendonitis ... Continuing May 2014..postponed to 2015. SdC to Muxia 2016.
I'm half Swedish and noticed that too! When do you leave?

Karin

Susannafromsweden

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Via de la Plata 2010, Camino de Madrid, Salvador, Primitivo 2013, Olvidado, Invierno 2014
How nice. I'm 100% Swedish. On my last Camino they called me The Viking :D.
I haven't bought my ticket yet, but I'm planning to leave Stockholm the 17th or 18th May, and spend a few days in Madrid before starting to walk.

Susanna

Larazet

Camino(s) past & future
Am reaching St Jean Pied de Port on about 19 or 20 May. My husband will join me for a resupply(!) and I will leave on 21. May spend a night in Orisson as I am no spring chicken! (Starting from Condom where we live)

See you on the Way - ultreia!

Karin

Camino(s) past & future
First Camino 16 May 2015
Future 2020- 2025-2030 etc
Hi Ivar,
I just ordered the batches and looking forward to it. Do you put us on the map? That would be Heerenveen and Steenwijk the Netherlands.
Greetz,
Peter

manoll

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte, Camino Primitivo - 2013
Camino Sanabrés from Zamora - April-May 2016
Camino del Norte - June-July 2018
Hi Ivar,

Are there any patches for Camino del Norte?

Thanks,

Mary

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
manoll said:
Hi Ivar,

Are there any patches for Camino del Norte?

Thanks,

Mary
There is no specific "Camino del Norte" badge... the "Camino Forum Member Badge" would be the badge that covers all of them. :)

Salucos,
Ivar

manoll

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte, Camino Primitivo - 2013
Camino Sanabrés from Zamora - April-May 2016
Camino del Norte - June-July 2018
Ivar,

Thank you for the information and the quick reply! I will get a "Camino Forum Member Badge". This is a great way to meet people that you know of from the forum along the way.

Mary

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago (2013); Planning SJPP to Santiago when I retire (2017)
Just ordered my badges. I'm walking my second marathon in April, and I'm planning to sew at least one of the badges onto my hat!

Camino(s) past & future
Walking Leon to SDC in June 2013
Maybe a dumb request but was wondering if anyone could share tips for sewing the forum badge on my backpack. It has been a long time and historically I gave ironed on badges...but this seems like this badge should be hand sewed due to the material of most backpacks.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
We sewed our badges to the top flap and side (bottle) pockets of our packs. This avoids puncturing the main bag. Just make sure the badges will show when you are wearing the pack :)
My Santiago badge is now sewn to the top flap.

Attachments

Camino(s) past & future
Walking Leon to SDC in June 2013
Thx Tia! I have not sown a badge on in years...will attempt it this weekend. Will post a pic once it is good to go.

Larazet

Camino(s) past & future
Tusen takk Ivar for the 'second' badge which arrived today and will be stuck/sewn on my new, bigger, rucksack tomorrow!

Six weeks to go.......

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Thanks for our new badge Ivar, it arrived today. Our original badges will stay sewn to our packs. The new one will get a small ring sewn to it and then can hang off a 'silsac' or hat, or pin to a shirt/fleece. We realised that when we leave our packs we 'lose' our forum members' identity.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Primitivo September 2013
We're going to be walking the Primitivo in September, do we need to request our badges ahead of time? Where/how/etc?

Thanks!

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
These badges have been sold for five years now. What's your experience whether you decide to sew or to glue them on your backpacks?

I'm a bit worried of sewing it because the needle inevitably make holes in the fabric and by the time those little holes might become wider and the rucksack no longer useful. On the other hand I would be very sad if glued badge fall off because of weather conditions. What kind of glue were you using? I guess it shouldn't be too acid, again for the fabric sake...

Thanks!

jackberry

Camino(s) past & future
I'm planning to walk the camino in June!
Hello Ivar, it's really great you have sold out of the badges. But bad news for me because I was to late in ordering mine? Do you think that the new batch of badges will be in by the end of May? I'm leaving London on 13/6/13 for my 1st camino and would love to be able to show off and support this wonderful forum.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
jackberry said:
Hello Ivar, it's really great you have sold out of the badges. But bad news for me because I was to late in ordering mine? Do you think that the new batch of badges will be in by the end of May? I'm leaving London on 13/6/13 for my 1st camino and would love to be able to show off and support this wonderful forum.
Hi there,

I hope and think they will be in my mailbox when I get home tomorrow morning (I am not in Spain right now). If so, I will update the webpage and send out a bunch on monday. If I send them out on monday, you should have it by the time you leave... look on the "Badge page" on saturday night, and see if they are available to order..

Have a good weekend!
Ivar

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Got both badges today. Four days. Now you can put Slovenia on the map (if it isn't there yet). :)

Thanks, Ivar!

jackberry

Camino(s) past & future
I'm planning to walk the camino in June!
Thank you for the badges Ivar, I've only sewed one on at the moment. Don't want to tempt fate!

Camino(s) past & future
April/May 2014
Thanks so much Ivar, my badge arrived yesterday and I felt like a kid in a candy store.
It's all so exciting and incredibly unreal.
Cheers
Alex

TabyJ

Camino(s) past & future
September (2013)
Hi Ivar,
We will be leaving California Sunday, August 25, 2013. Is it too late to order badges? If not, do I only order a badge for myself or am I able to order for 2 other people doing the Camino but not members of this forum?

My sister and I will be traveling with our mom who will be celebrating her 70th birthday on the Way. Mom is not that tech savvy and has trouble reading this forum without enlarging the print. We are all "preparing" for our Camino in different ways and I personally prefer to use this forum to help me.

Please let me know either way. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Jessica

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
TabyJ said:
Hi Ivar,
We will be leaving California Sunday, August 25, 2013. Is it too late to order badges? If not, do I only order a badge for myself or am I able to order for 2 other people doing the Camino but not members of this forum?

My sister and I will be traveling with our mom who will be celebrating her 70th birthday on the Way. Mom is not that tech savvy and has trouble reading this forum without enlarging the print. We are all "preparing" for our Camino in different ways and I personally prefer to use this forum to help me.

Please let me know either way. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Jessica
Hi there,

If you order this week, you should have it by august 25th. You don't have to be a member of the forum to get one, if you look on the badge-order page, there are two badges, one that say "I walked the Camino Frances" and one that say "Camino forum member".

Buen Camino!
Ivar

AML

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
Hi, Badge arrived today, thanks :) Speedy delivery....don't forget to put me on the map if you get a chance. Thanks :)

WildPlace

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2013, 2015
Camino VdlP & Sanabres (2018)
Hi Ivar, my badge was waiting for me when i arrived at my parents house, thank you so much for such speedy delivery :)

Just off to sew it on my backpack now

Yvonne

TabyJ

Camino(s) past & future
September (2013)
Thanks Ivar! My badge was waiting for me when I got home! Will be sewing it on today! See you at the end if September!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Norte (2014)
Ivar, I just sent payment via PayPal for 2 backpack patches. The site never asked for my mailing address. I'm wondering how you know where to send the patches??

Cookie and Papi

pilgrim b

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Frances 2013
Ingles 2014
Frances 2015
St Cuthbert's Way 2017
Via Francegena 2018
Ivar, I just sent payment via PayPal for 2 backpack patches. The site never asked for my mailing address. I'm wondering how you know where to send the patches??

Cookie and Papi
Hi I bought two patches just about three weeks ago they arrived within about 3 to 4 days in UK I don't remember giving Ivar an address. Did we not give it to him when we signed up to the forum? He certainly has our email addresses to contact you if there is a problem!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Norte (2014)
Surely your paypal account has your address attached to it already ?
I've never bought anything at any site without giving a shipping address prior to paying for the item. I'm just a little confused; and no I didn't give an address when I join the forum. My PayPal account has a different shipping address than I intended for this item.

tominrm

Hiking to Celebrate the End of Working Life.
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2014)
del Norte ( 2015)
Portuguese ( 2016)
Primitivo ( 2017)
VdlP (2018)
Kevin, what is PM?

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (April 2014)
Hi Ivar, I have just ordered mine :) Let's test the postal service to South Africa over Christmas ;)

Diogo92

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C. Português 2013, 2014
C. de Fátima 2014
C. do Salnés 2015
I've ordered mine today.

Happy 2014 for you all.

Best Regards
Diogo

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, September 2014
I ordered mine on February 5th. It don't matter if there is a delay in shipping because I won't need them until September when I start my Camino anyway. I ordered way in advance to make sure I have it!

Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Santiago '13
Hi Ivar,

Couple of quick questions. Can a donation be made to your web other than paypal and can a badge be purchased by not using paypal. Can the badge be ironed on? Thanks

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
Hi Ivar,

Couple of quick questions. Can a donation be made to your web other than paypal and can a badge be purchased by not using paypal. Can the badge be ironed on? Thanks
You can use a debit/credit card using the PayPal link... if not, send me a PM if you are interested in a bank transfer.. other than that not sure there is another feasible way. The badge is not "iron-on"...

I didn't use paypal Annie. At least I don't think so. The badges are sew on.... I was reluctant to compromise my pack but some enterprising folk have suggested the glue that is used to patch tents etc to glue them on. There is entire thread on this.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
We used Paypal OK, but if you do not have a Paypal account you have to add the badge to your basket and at checkout choose the pay be credit card option. This sent the payment to Ivar via Paypal without us (you) signing up to a Paypal account although they try to push folk to do so.
(Edit:- Ivar , did you realise that if folk click the Paypal link it wants them to create an account, before buying the badge. I just checked it out. Putting the badge in the basket and going through check-out brings up the card option OK)

Last edited:

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Donating Member
I know PayPal is not easy.. I am working on a new way of doing this directly via my bank. This way, we would have creditcard or bank transfer as an option. Until then PayPa is the only way.

PayPal are trying to make you sign up with an account. If you don't want, you just click the "I don't have a Paypal account" towards the bottom and you should be able to pay with a creditcard...

I am working on making this easier! :)

Thanks!
Ivar

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Hola Ivar,
It seems easy enough if using; basket, checkout, pay by credit card; the only difficulty seems to be clicking on the Paypal links or Pay by Paypal.
We have paid things through Worldpay, works fine from the paying point of view. Might that be worth checking out as well as your bank option?

Camino(s) past & future
VDLP to Finisterre 2009
Le Puy to SJPDP 2013
Frances 2014
Hello Ivar

I'm beginning my Camino Frances on the 14th May 2014 and would be very proud to display a Camino Badge. Previously I completed the Via De La Plata in 2009 and the Le Puy route last year in 2013.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances May 2014
Thanks Ivar

I live in Australia and doubt the badge would arrive within the 2 weeks before I leave. I begin my Camino in Pamplona, do you know if I could purchase one there?
I leave tomorrow and suddenly decided last night that I needed one to meet other forum members, so am creating a forgery!!! Which I will replace with a real one when I see them in the " flesh". Are they available enroute? Or only from this site?

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
ivar Announcements 6

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.5%
  • June