• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag Carrying Service on the Coastal Route from Porto

Time of past OR future Camino
Walking since 2008, various stages of French,Norte and Via del Plata- addicted to the Way
I am wondering if there is a bag carrying service available on the Coastal Route
We have booked to commence from Porto on the 11th of April and our preference was to at least start with the Coastal.
Our senior walker has developed a back problem and I'm just looking for the best options to keep him trucking.
He'll have to take the slagging but we don't want to lose him if at all possible.
All help appreciated.
Nollaigc

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Waytosantiago.com
I am also walking the coastal route in June and I have already contacted them, they are very helpful , good luck!

Hi,

You could also try TuiTrans who provide luggage service on the Portugues route. I took a group on the Portugues last year and some used their services on the internal route from Valenca Do Minho and they were really good.

Their website implies that they offer services on the coastal route as well but they can be contacted via email at info@tuitrans.com to confirm.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Waytosantiago.com
I am also walking the coastal route in June and I have already contacted them, they are very helpful , good luck!

Hello @ChefJen ,

You are probably already on your Camino? I am also interested in booking with waytosantiago.com and would really appreciate hearing about your experience with them. Hope you have a great journey! :)

Last edited:
Hello @ChefJen ,

You are probably already on your Camino? I am also interested in booking with waytosantiago.com and would really appreciate hearing about your experience with them. Hope you have a great journey! :)
Hi Lisa
I am actually flying out tomorrow to Porto, a few days there, then train to Viana Do Castelo, the start walking on June 9. I have everything arranged with waytosantiago.com, we are a group of 15, so really counting on them! Will keep you posted!!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Lisa
I am actually flying out tomorrow to Porto, a few days there, then train to Viana Do Castelo, the start walking on June 9. I have everything arranged with waytosantiago.com, we are a group of 15, so really counting on them! Will keep you posted!!
I got excited just hearing you are about to set off @ChefJen ! I've only just started planning my first ever Camino. Hope you have an amazing time! And yes, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know how it all works out. Fingers crossed I will be following in your footsteps in September.

I got excited just hearing you are about to set off @ChefJen ! I've only just started planning my first ever Camino. Hope you have an amazing time! And yes, I would really appreciate it if you could let me know how it all works out. Fingers crossed I will be following in your footsteps in September.
Hi Lisa, I am super excited as well! I walked the CF last year by myself and this year am bringing a group for the coastal route! If you are on facebook we can friend....I will be posting all along the way.....

Hi Lisa, I am super excited as well! I walked the CF last year by myself and this year am bringing a group for the coastal route! If you are on facebook we can friend....I will be posting all along the way.....
Great idea!

Safe trip to Porto, really looking forward to seeing your pics. :)

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Great idea, here I am:

Safe trip to Porto, really looking forward to seeing your pics. :)
You might think about sending ChefJen a private message rather than posting your facebook info on a public forum. :)

Last edited:
You might think about sending ChefJen a private message rather than posting your facebook info on a public forum. :)
Thank you Trecile. I am new to forum life, and had thought twice about posting it here. Didn't know I could send a private message, and am planning to delete the link as soon as ChefJen has seen it. :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi We are on the Camino and wanted to warn our fellow travellers to stay away from O MUINO camping/ bungalow Park. They have signs on the road from Mougas saying pilgrim breakfast available...
I seem to recall reading somewhere that some of the Hotels or Pensions may have pilgrim rates that are lower than what you see on booking.com? If this is true how common is this and do you...
Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️ I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September. I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back