Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Bag delivery service in the Portuguese Camino/ accommodations

bootscobler

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese Camino May 2022
Does anyone know what company to use for a bag delivery on the Camino Portuguese (from Porto)? Also is everyone winging the accommodations at this time? Or should I make reservations for an accommodations? I’m going in May! Thanks!

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

trecile

Camino Addict
Past OR future Camino
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Tuitrans and Pilbeo provide this service on the Portuguese routes.

Flog

Past OR future Camino
2021, 2022
It's very quiet just now. In Porto there's a complete absence of pilgrims and tourists. Yesterday, a fine day, I found many places closed and vacant and met just one pilgrim en route as I took a walk 30km up the coast to Vila do Conde. There I spoke with the hospitalera at Santa Clara (it has been closed for almost 2 years) and she told me with sadness, she doesn't think it will open again. A shame, I have nice memories of staying there. She told me of limited options further up the coast.

Of course it's mid January and none of this may be relevant in May, I hope not, but I would at least check on accomodation options ahead..

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

bootscobler

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese Camino May 2022
It's very quiet just now. In Porto there's a complete absence of pilgrims and tourists. Yesterday, a fine day, I found many places closed and vacant and met just one pilgrim en route as I took a walk 30km up the coast to Vila do Conde. There I spoke with the hospitalera at Santa Clara (it has been closed for almost 2 years) and she told me with sadness, she doesn't think it will open again. A shame, I have nice memories of staying there. She told me of limited options further up the coast.

Of course it's mid January and none of this may be relevant in May, I hope not, but I would at least check on accomodation options ahead..
That’s so sad to hear but hopefully by May ñ, things could turn around. This is one of the reasons I want to reserve at least a few days of accommodations to ensure I get a place to stay. It’s also my first Camino

Letsgocamino

Past OR future Camino
May 2013 Ponferrada to Santiago de Compostela.
Camino Portuguese Porto to SdeC May 31 2017.
That’s so sad to hear but hopefully by May ñ, things could turn around. This is one of the reasons I want to reserve at least a few days of accommodations to ensure I get a place to stay. It’s also my first Camino
Have a fabulous trip bootscobler. My sis and I started our Portuguese at the end of May 2017 from Porto and it was incredible. Beautiful.

J F Gregory

Camino Norte fall 2022
Past OR future Camino
2016, 2021 hoping to return in fall 2022.
It may open more in May. We walked from Porto last October and had no difficulty finding a bed at the end of the day.

shirleypie

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances
Camino Portugal
Does anyone know what company to use for a bag delivery on the Camino Portuguese (from Porto)? Also is everyone winging the accommodations at this time? Or should I make reservations for an accommodations? I’m going in May! Thanks!
I am leaving Porto on may 7. I will be doing the coastal route then crossing over to the central route at Vila do Conde. Because of current covid conditions I have booked all my stays thru Booking. Com and Airb&b and I am currently seeking baggage transfer also. I got an email by Tui trans saying they will not intermix Routes (Coastal & Central) and will not pick up at air Airb&b. I am working on other transportation as we speak to find the easiest way to transport. Where theres a will theres a way! 🤞

Flog

Past OR future Camino
2021, 2022

I don't mean to paint a bleak picture for you, I'm sure it will improve in Spring, but I just wouldn't rely on or judge it by previous years.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

CaptainBonnie

Past OR future Camino
Plan: 2 week to arrive at Santiago de Campostela in 2 weeks. Start 12th Nov 2017

Hello
Are you sure tuitrans and others privuddc

CaptainBonnie

Past OR future Camino
Plan: 2 week to arrive at Santiago de Campostela in 2 weeks. Start 12th Nov 2017
Hello
Are you sure tuitrans and others privuddc
Hello are you sure they provide services from Lisbon all the way to Santiago de Campostela at Euro 4/drop? Or only from Porto??
Very Best
Capt Bonnie ( Vivek )

CaptainBonnie

Past OR future Camino
Hello Boots!
I am contemplating between Camino Portuguese Central and Camino Del Norte( much tougher much longer) with the latter possibly more organised after Easter ( 4th week April 2022).
Very Best!

auburnfive

I am leaving Porto on may 7. I will be doing the coastal route then crossing over to the central route at Vila do Conde. Because of current covid conditions I have booked all my stays thru Booking. Com and Airb&b and I am currently seeking baggage transfer also. I got an email by Tui trans saying they will not intermix Routes (Coastal & Central) and will not pick up at air Airb&b. I am working on other transportation as we speak to find the easiest way to transport. Where theres a will theres a way! 🤞
We did the exact route and Caminofacil moved our luggage. Not sure about Airbnb though, they like to have someone there who will accept your bag.

A thought-provoking Camino memoir. This day-by-day account will inspire you.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

CaptainBonnie

Past OR future Camino
Yeah from Porto Many Possibilities..
It’s the 640-240 = 400 km
From Lisbon to Porto where there is nothing organised such as Correos..
For people with genuine physical problems that stretch is a definite disadvantage.. someone mentioned Euro 1.00 / km
meaning Euro 400:- minimum… i believe it’s much more.
Very Best

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Something to consider is to make sure your accommodations accept transported bags. When I stayed in the albergue in Rates, there was a fellow who arrived looking for his backpack which had been rerouted to a nearby shop because they don't accept shipped bags (and seemed reluctant to accept pilgrims who ship bags).

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads