• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag Carrier Service Availability for Tui Apartments in Santiago

MickMac

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
My brother and friend have decided to stay in apartments from tui to santiago is there a bag carrier on route.
One final question if he stays in apartments can he drop bags for pick up as apartments are key locked.

go raibh maith agat

Micheal.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Increasingly, pack transport is from bar to bar, but maybe you can call ahead to an Albergue and see if you can deliver things there ? Perhaps offer some payment for the reception service.

Try and limit things to a single pack, and maybe organise things as backpack + day pack, rather than luggage as such, which is being increasingly frowned upon. Including because with a backpack, you can carry your stuff if there are days when the transport service may be awkward for some reason, and on travel days, etc.

But mainly because the transport services and delivery points are increasingly unsuited to more than one single backpack per pilgrim.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Check with the transport companies... I think if you're doing ABnB style, TuiTrans won't because they don't want to have to meet someone... Again, check with the actual companies which is not difficult is your best bet for up-to-date information

My understanding is that Correos and possibly tuitrans like there to be somebody to receive the bags like 24 hour reception. however I have experienced Tuitrans leaving my rucksack at a bar nearby ( one mile further on) when I stayed at Hebron near Padron.
Your bag must also be less than 20 kilo. They must have experienced two or three people packing all their stuff into one huge case.
Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Even if they have no access to the property and no one is there to accept the bags? Where would they leave them?
They coordinate with apartment owners and managers. Most have keypad access and can leave the bags right inside the door. No one has to be there. We had no issue when we used it, esp. in more remote areas. They were able to get inside of every place we stayed. We just reached out to them with the address, and they told us if they have an agreement with the owner. In every case, they did.

My brother and friend have decided to stay in apartments from tui to santiago is there a bag carrier on route.
One final question if he stays in apartments can he drop bags for pick up as apartments are key locked.

go raibh maith agat

Micheal.
I used Pilbeo.com to transfer I was completely satisfied with their service and their pricing. I stayed in a couple of apartments while walking the Camino Portuguese. Pilbeo can get access to pick up your bags. They picked up mine that I left in apartments that I locked. Give them a call +34 670 6480 78. I plan to use their services again this April-May. Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back