• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag Storage in Madrid

JoJo50

Time of past OR future Camino
April -Leon to Santiago
Help
Has anyone used " Lock and Be Free" in Madrid. I am staying in Madrid before and after the Camino at the same Hotel.
I presumed that they would keep my suitcase, lucky I checked they won't. I am meeting my daughter in Madrid so have lots of walking gear for us both and she will have her travel back pack so we will need to store out luggage.
Anyone had to do this?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Jo

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Help
Has anyone used " Lock and Be Free" in Madrid. I am staying in Madrid before and after the Camino at the same Hotel.
I presumed that they would keep my suitcase, lucky I checked they won't. I am meeting my daughter in Madrid so have lots of walking gear for us both and she will have her travel back pack so we will need to store out luggage.
Anyone had to do this?

Jo
I’m looking for this information as well. I’ll be following to see if you get some good suggestions. From what I saw a while back, all options are pretty pricey or very time-limited.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Is it possible for you to change hotels? Many will hold your luggage for you.
I am looking at that option now. I have cancellation fees so have to work out the best option. I must admit I was very surprised by their answer. I had booked the same hotel for both stays presuming that they would hold my case.

Thankyou

The Taiwanese alburgee held my luggage in Madrid. No charge. They are very small. Had a stash of suitcases under every bed.

Help
Anyone had to do this?

Jo
Hi Jo
You could look into posting to Santiago de Compostela or your finish point.
In SdC (Ivar / this forum) can hold for you for whatever fee is applicable for the size and time involved. Also many hotels etc in SdC will hold for you pending your arrival if you’ve made a booking and can quote the reference. I have used both these methods.
There is also normal post you can investigate- I’m not sure on this one but others may fill in details.
Good luck
Annie

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi

Thank you all for your information.
For anyone interested
- the railway stations only hold luggage for a few weeks then it goes to a warehouse and I think the size of my suitcase could have been an issue.
-Lock and be free close at 9 pm and my train arrives after 8 from Santiago so that did not work either.
I ended up cancelling my hotel booking and losing money and emailing another hotel to check before booking with them.
So an expensive mistake but all sorted not. Phew

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back