• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag transfers

Walk and Talk

Time of past OR future Camino
Have done from St.Jean to Santiago planning to do coastal route from Porto to Santiago July 2018
Can you send on bags to municipal albergue or is it only private albérgues or pensions. Ingles camino who delivers?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Correos only sends to private albergues, pensions or hotels. Or you can pick your bag up at the post office in say, Pontedeume or Betanzos. I have seen others sayin earlier threads that Correos does deliver to the albergue at Hospital de Bruma though.

Unless you book through one of the tour companies who book accommodation and transfer your bags, I think it is Correos and Correos only who deliver. I stayed in pensions on the way, and Correos delivered each and every day. Very god and cheap service, and made a huge difference to the enjoyment of walking. You can even have your bag as a, more secure, suitcase, if you use the Correos bag delivery service.

Can you send on bags to municipal albergue or is it only private albérgues or pensions. Ingles camino who delivers?
Jacotrans and Camino Facile (not sure about spelling) transport bags between most accommodations including hotels etc willing to accept them. Not exactly cheap but not outrageously expensive.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Correos only sends to private albergues, pensions or hotels. Or you can pick your bag up at the post office in say, Pontedeume or Betanzos. I have seen others sayin earlier threads that Correos does deliver to the albergue at Hospital de Bruma though.

Unless you book through one of the tour companies who book accommodation and transfer your bags, I think it is Correos and Correos only who deliver. I stayed in pensions on the way, and Correos delivered each and every day. Very god and cheap service, and made a huge difference to the enjoyment of walking. You can even have your bag as a, more secure, suitcase, if you use the Correos bag delivery service.
How do you get hold of this service please?

You will find the envelopes in the reception areas wherever you are staying. You will need to book accommodation for the following day, write that address on the envelope supplied, and phone Jacotrans or whomever you choose and book your bag in. Tie the envelope with your euros inside to your pack. Often the albergue will phone for you, and there will be many bags in reception at the bottom of the stairs in the morning. Unless your bag is particularly heavy- 5 euros.
Its a very simple system, and very efficient.

I have chosen Correos because it's the cheapest one. I phoned Jacotrans (their English is terrible, btw)and they told me the price was 7 euros per day.

Is it more expensive for foreigners or what?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have chosen Correos because it's the cheapest one. I phoned Jacotrans (their English is terrible, btw)and they told me the price was 7 euros per day.

Is it more expensive for foreigners or what?
I last used them in 2017, maybe it went up. It was the same until Galicia when it reduced to 3 euros, From memory there were about 3 companies. They have different numbers for different regions printed on the envelopes, and i always found their English to be fine, (a whole lot better than my Spanish) but I guess they have quite a few people. I rarely had to phone myself. usually the albergue rang at the end of the evening re all the bags.
I know the price varies according to weight, I did see some massive cases being transported - mine was only 6 kgs, they would have been 30kgs.

Lskeen,. It is easier to book the Correos service by internet. You can book it the whole way through in advance, or day by day. Correos has a useful English language website see below, which a muggins like me was able to use.

www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/rucksack-transfer/paqs/from-ferrol-to-santiago-de-compostela

If I am correct, Correos is the only company to transfer luggage along the Ingles. Your luggage cannot exceed 23kg, and the price is per bag, not per kg. I transferred a suitcase, as it kept my belongings in easier order, was easier to transport to and from Spain, and as it was lockable, gave me piece of mind security wise

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back