• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag Transport Available on the Portuguese route

Time of past OR future Camino
When we did the Camino francis, we utilized a service for transporting a bag or backpack from one albergue to another (my wife was having achilles problems and we wanted to lighten our load). I realize the Camino Francis is the busiest route, but we were wondering if there is a similar service available if we run into any problems again?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I walked the CP two years ago and the service was not universally available until you near Spain. It may have improved by now.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello Bill
In Casa de Azzancha we have that service (we are between Santarém - Golegã / 4th round / on the camino Lisbon - Santiago).
We know that some other local accomodations in the region also do that. In case you need some help please contact us by email.

Hello,
I am walking from Porto to Santiago and I wondered if anyone knew of accomodations/baggage service between the two.
Reason being that I only want to walk around ten km per day and needed to know that there were smaller places to stay along the way that let me do that.
I would really appreciate hearing from anyone with local knnowledge.
Kind regards.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello Bill
In Casa de Azzancha we have that service (we are between Santarém - Golegã / 4th round / on the camino Lisbon - Santiago).
We know that some other local accomodations in the region also do that. In case you need some help please contact us by email.
Hi, We are 8 older women that are walking from Porto to Valenca in September/October and looking for a bag transporter and also some interesting accommodation. We do not want to walk long distances.

Welcome on the forum.

http://www.transportedemochilas.com/english/

Porto to Monasteiro do Vairão (albergue) 24 km
Eventual take the metro to Maia and walk from there 14 km
Vairão to São Pedro de Rates (albergue) 12 km
Rates to Barcelos (various lodging possibilities i.e. Two albergues 15 km
Barcelos to casa da Fernanda (the best-reservation on before hand advisable) 18 km
Fernanda to Ponte de Lima (albergue) 14 km
Ponte de Lima to Rubiaēs. (Albergue ) 18 km
Rubiaēs to Valença do Minho (various lodging possibilities) 18 km

Bom caminho

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi. Can anybody please help my husband and I.
We are planning to do the Camino (Portugues) in December, and this would be our first time. We would be in the middle of the walk on December 25. Would anybody have any idea/suggestions as to bag transporters that might be available during Christmas? We tried Tuitrans but they are not in service during this time.
Thank you in advance.

When we did the Camino francis, we utilized a service for transporting a bag or backpack from one albergue to another (my wife was having achilles problems and we wanted to lighten our load). I realize the Camino Francis is the busiest route, but we were wondering if there is a similar service available if we run into any problems again?

TuiTrans...they have an easy to navigate website, great reviews, are reasonably priced and will answer any question you may have promptly. Though their name says "Tui", they do cover most of Portugal and then from Tui to Santiago in Spain.

Thank you KJFSophie. We contacted Tuitrans and unfortunately, they said they don't have the service during the Christmas season.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you KJFSophie. We contacted Tuitrans and unfortunately, they said they don't have the service during the Christmas season.
Hi, the Spanish Correos (post office) do luggage transfer from Tui to Santiago. You may have to check with them for the time of year you are walking . They normally do it from Holy Week until 31/10. But in their FAQ page No. 3, they say to contact them for more info outwith those dates: paqmochila@correos.com Is the email address. The website for Correos is: elcaminoconcorreos.com
Hope this is helpful.
Buen Camino

We are planning to do the Camino (Portugues) in December, and this would be our first time. We would be in the middle of the walk on December 25. Would anybody have any idea/suggestions as to bag transporters that might be available during Christmas? We tried Tuitrans but they are not in service during this time.

Hi, where are you starting from? Lisbon, Porto, other? December will be cold and probably wet.

https://sinmochila.es/ transports packs from Tui to Santiago. I haven’t used them, but perhaps they can help you out.

Jill

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Jill. We are flying into Porto. But we are starting our walk in Tui.
December (Christmas season) is the only time we can take off work this year, at least long enough to do a Camino.
I checked the website. It’s in Spanish. I’ll try to ask somebody to translate. Thanks for posting the website.

We would be in the middle of the walk on December 25.

Hi Alexla, is Tuitrans not operating the whole Christmas season, or just Christmas Day? If it’s just for one or two days, could they not transport your bags one or two days ahead, and for those one or two days you book hotel accommodation, and carry only what you really need, until you are reunited with your big bags?
Jill

The whole of December from what I understand.
I reached out to simchilla, waiting to hear back from them.
their website is in Spanish; hopefully they would respond in English.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
they just emailed me back. they don't have regular services starting in november. I'm now waiting to hear back from Pilbeo. :rolleyes:

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back