• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bag transport Camino Jakobi Germany and Switzerland

Time of past OR future Camino
Francis x2, Portugese x1. Norte x 1, Primitivo x 1
Hi does anyone know if there is a baggage transport company servicing the Camino Jakobi in Germany and Switzerland please?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I don't recall seeing such when I was walking there, but that was several years pre-Covid, so the situation might have changed. I doubt that it has, though, due to the strong hiking culture and low pilgrim numbers there.

There are providers who offer luggage transport, though not as an individually bookable service, like in Spain or Portugal.

The offer is usually linked to the booking of accommodation through the provider. So you cannot really determine your daily stage length freely, that is usually given by the provider. See here: Two providers, one in Germany the other one in Suisse (both links are in german, by using Google Chrome you'll get a translation). Those offers are also not really cheap.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There are providers who offer luggage transport, though not as an individually bookable service, like in Spain or Portugal.

The offer is usually linked to the booking of accommodation through the provider. So you cannot really determine your daily stage length freely, that is usually given by the provider. See here: Two providers, one in Germany the other one in Suisse (both links are in german, by using Google Chrome you'll get a translation). Those offers are also not really cheap.
Thanks Ill look into it

These are excellent resources! As a quick comparison, the German link listed offers several routes, ranging 90-120EUR/night, while the Swiss offer runs 200 EUR/night (both offers include lodging, luggage transport, and meals). I walked from Tillyschanz to Konstanz (through Ulm and Nuremberg, slightly different from the route on offer, for about 60EUR/night (lodging and meals), but that was ten years ago. Both countries offer many routes, beautiful scenery, comfortable accommodations, and wonderful food. So I encourage you to continue considering these routes. If you have luggage that perhaps you only need before or after, perhaps you could use DHL (or similar) to just send on ahead (I sent mine from Prague to Paris one year, and it worked fine).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
These are excellent resources! As a quick comparison, the German link listed offers several routes, ranging 90-120EUR/night, while the Swiss offer runs 200 EUR/night (both offers include lodging, luggage transport, and meals). I walked from Tillyschanz to Konstanz (through Ulm and Nuremberg, slightly different from the route on offer, for about 60EUR/night (lodging and meals), but that was ten years ago. Both countries offer many routes, beautiful scenery, comfortable accommodations, and wonderful food. So I encourage you to continue considering these routes. If you have luggage that perhaps you only need before or after, perhaps you could use DHL (or similar) to just send on ahead (I sent mine from Prague to Paris one year, and it worked fine).
Hi and thank you so much for your information!

Thank you!

Hi does anyone know if there is a baggage transport company servicing the Camino Jakobi in Germany and Switzerland please?
Yes--- There is a service.. In fact a very good Service. They ship luggage and more importantly Student belongings back around the world.
I am getting my luggage (suitcase picked up in Italy and sent back to California) the cost is the same as paying for extra luggage on the plane- and its off my mind... I'm vacationing in Italy before I do my Camino. To give you an idea- they are picking up my suitcase in Italy and it is a 3-4 day service it costs 122Euros. That is a very reasonable price- and my Italian vacation clothes are going to be home in the US before I arrive- hahaha- Then I can travel on the Camino with only my BackPack. Good luck. Is this what you are seeking?

www.sendmybag.com

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.